What's new

Make Wonder Woman Great Again! Just like her new movie!

What would you like to see most

• Choose which buff you get in trait

Votes: 73 60.3%
  • New usefull advancing string

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Air Dash

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Easier b3 connection on her combos

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • Make parry send projectiles back, like Katanas twirl

Votes: 40 33.1%

• Total voters

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/22/injustice-2-wonder-woman-and-blue-beetle-join-the-fight/

Just in time for her 75th anniversary, Wonder Woman makes her return to the Injustice franchise. In the first Injustice game, Wonder Woman’s character power gave her the ability to switch between her Sword & Shield attacks and her Lasso of Truth. In Injustice 2, she is no longer limited to when she can use her Amazonian weaponry.

Now, Wonder Woman brings the whole arsenal. Combining her long range Lasso attacks with quick hitting sword combos makes her an even more powerful brawler than before. And while she is at her best dealing damage up close, her Shield Toss and the ability to reflect fireballs with her Bracelets of Submission means she is no slouch from afar.
So many lies in this article Lmao :DOGE

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I don't think she gets destroyed by all zoners. But you need an ridiculous amount of patience (like obscene amounts) and to pick your spots as to when you can get in.

She feels to me that while she lacks some in areas she doesn't feel imcomplete. She just doesn't have anything you can throw out for free or anything to carry a player.
Exactly, which is why I said she's fair.

Fair is nice, fair is still bad though.

As for the zoners, I do feel she loses basically all zoning matches. The exact fact she has to pick her spots and the like is the problem. The bar gain differential gets to be too much when its just shot after shot and you just gotta wait it out.

Also its mostly impossible for her to get in on batman but that's a whole nother thing.

Parasurama

Dragon
I just want a full-on Gal Gadot premier skin. She could be shit tier and I would still give them all my money. I need that accent...
This - Gal Gadot also it will set a precedent of us getting movie and TV skins and gear...

and she probably only needs the type of buff to be chosen... because she could choose he buff most appropriate to her strategy. I don't even play her and I think is logical. She can choose which god she says 'hail' to.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
The problem with WoWo is you will always play the other character's game. They dictate how it goes. You'll always be trying to get in always going after them. People like Catwoman and Robin are like this too the only difference is they have a lot of usefully tools and strings to help them out.

WoWo has less range and mobility than Stephen Hawking in a tipped-over wheelchair.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I don't know why everyone is going on about the parry reflection. Not needed. Would be a waste of a change. It won't change much if at all anyway. The air dash would be far more significant!

Top priority's are and always have been default air dash and non random trait. Though I will take a default air dash and random trait if it comes to that as it would help almost every MU with mobility.

At this point I don't think that it's worth bothering to lobby for an advancing string. Though it is baffling that her design doesn't have one at all, like not even a little bit. I'd go for better hitbox's to add a slight range boost and better AA capacity to her normals. Better frames are also needed on a couple key normals. That's already been discussed in the general discussion thread though. I do think it would be cool to have a low ender with the lasso. Kind of like her 113 string except the last hit is a decent ranged low with the lasso.

The B3 connection is fine as is IMO. The real time window issue is the F3 and B3 after the MB shield toss. Now that shit is dumb hard.

Even if any of these happen she will suffer in the building meter dept. and her bad MU's will improve only slightly leaving her more or less about the same. It's true that she's "fair," and that in an NRS game that is not all that great.

Skedar70

Noob
I recently changed my mind on her. I think she is mostly fine. If you want a forward advancing move use shield bash, if you want to eat projectiles hope for the shield buff, if you wan to fly hope for the boots buff.

However there are some changes I would like. Remove the parry buff from her trait and make it permanent she would only have 4 buffs, shield, armor, lasso, and boots and regular parry would work like how the current buffed parry works (you can reduce the duration of the damage buff a little to leave somewhere in between current regular parry duration and current buffed parry duration).

Reduce the gap on the 223 string so that It can only be beat by an armored moves or parry and not by a poke. You can reduce the plus frames a little if this causes a sort of infinite on people with no meter.

Last edited:

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Remove the parry buff from her trait and make it permanent she would only have 4 buffs, shield, armor, lasso, and boots

This would honestly be the best change she could possibly have. Getting two "Hail Artemis" in a row is discouraging to want to use your trait, so if you were to get one of the other 4 that actually do something then the random trait would seem less ... lackluster.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm fine with her as is. It would obviously be nice if they gave her some of those things, but I think it's unnecessry. If you play her how she's designed to play, you can do ok. I think tier rankings are over rated anyways.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
If I was incharge I would have designed her differently. Her gameplay revolves around throwing her shield, she is Wonder Woman not captain america. Get rid of shield tosses.

This is how I would do it.

Stance: same as injustice 1 lasso stance but she does not have lasso in her hand.

Lasso is on one side of waist and sword hanging by other side. Only takes them out when special move or combo string requires them to be.

Shield is on her back, just like lasso and sword she uses her shield if it is part if combo or special move.

This would be her special moveset.

1. DF1 = whips out her lasso burning opponent with lasso's fire.

MB = sets the ground on fire for DOT

2. BF1 = lassos in her opponent to deliver a kick to the head.

MB = ties up her opponent with lasso for 120 frames. (*note: while opponent is tied up she can't use any her of lasso attacks because she is using it to keep the opponent in place)

3. DF2 = slams her bracelets together to produce a shockwave which knocks her opponent away.

MB = slams her bracelets together to create temporary Area of effect force field that destroys incoming projectiles.

4. BF2 = slams her bracelets together to send a lighting bolt from her bracelets.

MB = slams her bracelets to bring down multiple lightning bolts infront of her from sky.

5. DB2 = crosses her bracelets together to parry mid and high projectiles. Sends projectile back to opponent when successfully parried.(note: doesn't work against Melee attacks)

MB = when you spend a bar and successfully parry a projectile she disappears and reappears right infront of her opponent to hit him with her elbow. Similar to smoke's shake move from MK9

6. BF3 = does her sliding on knees and slashing opponent with sword move. (Already in game as gear)

MB = launches opponent for follow up.

7. DB3 = upward shield bash From injustice 2.

MB = same as it is in game.

8. DF3 = lasso spin from injustice 1

MB = adds more range to it.

9. DB3 (air only) = downward shield bash from inj 2.

MB = same as it is in injustice 2.

10. BF3 (air only) = her straight air punch from inj 1.

MB = adds armor

F3 = same as injustice 1

B3 = same as injustice 1

.Air dash

Trait: Wonder Woman takes off her bracelets and goes berserker glowing with blue energy.

Now that she is not wearing bracelets when trait is active she can not use moves that require bracelets e.g parry and bracelets smash.

.Her walk speed and damage is slightly increased.

.gains access to double dash. Can dash forward and quickly back dash or dash 2 times either forward or backward without any pause. Same rules apply to air dash(es).

.gains a new rush move.
BF2 = runs towards her opponent to punches them in guts.

MB = does the whole combo.

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiment but not all the reasoning or suggestions. I'd like some better mobility options and better reach on her sword, but that's about it

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Wonder Woman is one of the best DC characters by far, but imo everything about her in this game failed.
I wouldn't say failed imho she just doesn't seem to have a lot of dirt that we know about right now to landslide out matches and dominate. I agree with @Lex Luthor II in that she has problematic matchups where she has to often adapt to other people's gameplans instead of encorcing her own. I still think she's a lot of fun to play (although I wish here normal strings were more swaggy) and benefits from patience, spacing, and some key matchup knowledge. I'm still trash with her but that's more my problem than hers. Again I think watching @Akromaniac27's YT channel/matches gives a good representation of what she's capable of.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
While i agree that Wonder Woman has some issues, I feel she is still a good character and has the tools for MOST situations.
I just hope that the Wonder Woman community doesn't get "left behind" not coming up w/ new tech and strategies for the Amazon Queen.

IMO wishing for her to be something she isn't instead of exploring what she has and can do currently is almost counterproductive.
The current version is NOT trash as depicted in the forums on here, @Akromaniac27 , Dab Jr, Kitana Prime, and YungMonster have all demonstrated that she has the tools to hang w/ MOST of the cast.

Could things be adjusted and tweaked, sure but some of her tools other characters would love to have.
Her shield bash can check better and further than many advancing string...
She has an amazing wakeup tool..
Supergirl wishes that she had Diana;s Damage.

Guys, I just hope we don't become a stagnant community sitting around dreaming/hoping and waiting for buffs that may or may not happen.

JMO... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If I was incharge I would have designed her differently.

Stance: same as injustice 1 lasso stance but she does not have lasso in her hand.

Lasso is on one side of waist and sword hanging by other side. Only takes them when special move or combo string requires them to be.

She doesn't have shield as part of her default gear/moveset.

This would be her special moveset.

1. DF1 = whips out her lasso burning opponent with lasso's fire.

MB = sets the ground on fire for DOT

2. DB1 = lassos in her opponent to deliver a kick to the head.

MB = ties up her opponent with lasso for 120 frames. (*note: while opponent is tied up she can't use her any of lasso moves)

3. DF2 = slams her bracelets together to produce a shockwave which knocks her opponent away.

MB = slams her bracelets to send a bolt of lightning towards her opponent. (Note: this is the only projectile she has).

4. DB2 = crosses her bracelets together to parry mid and high projectiles. Sends projectile back to opponent when successfully parried.(note: doesn't work against Melee attacks)

MB = when you spend a bar she parries Melee attacks. When successfully parried she hits her opponent with energy from her bracelets for a hard knock down. (Note: doesn't work against projectiles)

5. DF3 = does her sliding on knees and slashing opponent with sword move. (Already in game as gear)

MB = launches opponent for follow up.

6. DB3 = her Amazonian uppercut from inj 1.

MB = same as it was in inj 1.

7. DB3 (air only) = does her downward punch from inj 1.

MB = same as inj 1.

8. BF3 (air only) = her straight air punch from inj 1.

.Air dash

Trait: Wonder Woman takes off her bracelets and goes berserker glowing with blue energy.

Now that she is not wearing bracelets when trait is active she can not use moves that require bracelets e.g parry and bracelets smash.

.Her walk speed and damage is slightly increased.

.gains access to double dash. Can dash forward and quickly back dash or dash 2 times in either forward or backward without any pause. Same rules apply to air dash(es).

.gains a new rush move.
BF2 = runs towards her opponent to punches them in guts.

MB = does the whole combo.

These are all good suggestions. She really does have a lot to draw upon, which is why it's baffling how poorly done she is in this game. At least give us SOMETHING we can work with, be it a hit-confirmable advancing mid like Robins sword, or a trait we can base our game on like Atrocious, or decent mixups, or meterless damage, or mobility.

But nay, I guess not. We'll just throw our shield out all the time, because that's definitely very Wonder Woman...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wouldn't say failed imho she just doesn't seem to have a lot of dirt that we know about right now to landslide out matches and dominate. I agree with @Lex Luthor II in that she has problematic matchups where she has to often adapt to other people's gameplans instead of encorcing her own. I still think she's a lot of fun to play (although I wish here normal strings were more swaggy) and benefits from patience, spacing, and some key matchup knowledge. I'm still trash with her but that's more my problem than hers. Again I think watching @Akromaniac27's YT channel/matches gives a good representation of what she's capable of.
She's just boring to play as to me, her effectiveness is mediocre at best, and the portrayal of her and what she says is awful. Evil Superman is bad enough but she is so much worse than him imo. Which I was willing to look past if she was dope as hell like Injustice 1, but nope. No I2 Wonder Woman for me.

She honestly doesn't even feel like a finished character so many obvious things should of brought up red flags. Things like the dash animation being really ugly, the way she awkwardly teleports backward after using lasso in the corner ,an rng ability, and literally no meter less dmg. Does anyone else feel like she didn't get enough time in the game development and ended up being rushed? Lol.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Glad now people are coming out and stating the obvious. I have been saying for long time that she feels like unfinished character. She doesn't have enough tools to compete. It's not just the tier ranking and how much damage she deals, her overall play style is boring and doesn't resemble the character we know.

It's as if they didn't do any research on character but that's not true. They said she is going to have reflect parry but they didn't give her. I wonder what made them change their mind. They removed important tools and replaced them with nothing.

Stanlos

Noob
I agree with the sentiment but not all the reasoning or suggestions. I'd like some better mobility options and better reach on her sword, but that's about it
For me all could be fixed with the addition of her airdash and Amazon smash as standard moves and by correcting her bracelets so they actually reflect. This is BASIC WONDER WOMAN BARE MINIMUM. It has been for 75 years! HTF is that not a thing? I think her trait should enable her bracelets to parry melee too (though that should already be a thing from the lore but it seems like lore counts with everyone except WW in the Injustice verse) or grant her access to full screen lasso and tiara attacks.

That or just bring back her IGAU kit with corrected bracelets.

Either way, functioning bracelets are a must for me

Skedar70

Noob
For me all could be fixed with the addition of her airdash and Amazon smash as standard moves and by correcting her bracelets so they actually reflect. This is BASIC WONDER WOMAN BARE MINIMUM. It has been for 75 years! HTF is that not a thing? I think her trait should enable her bracelets to parry melee too (though that should already be a thing from the lore but it seems like lore counts with everyone except WW in the Injustice verse) or grant her access to full screen lasso and tiara attacks.

That or just bring back her IGAU kit with corrected bracelets.

Either way, functioning bracelets are a must for me
Are you sure her parry doesn't counter melee attacks. I thought it did?

Man.... I loved WW in InJ1. She was my secondary. I used to her for matchups I didn't like with Hawkgirl. I was anticipating using her as a secondary while I mained a black Canary.

She still owns the mid range. And has a decent close range 6frame punisher in d12. And..... that's basically it. getting in with her is just as tough as when I'm Black Canary. Wth? Where's all her stuff? She feels very unfinished. Her trait is 100% Lulzville. She's got like..... what? 6 strings? I seriously don't know the point of having 22 AND b11 when they both have the same range. Just give me b11 OR 22 and axe the other one. Yes, b11 has more vertical range. But I mean.... why do that instead of D2 ever?

Especially after watching the movie, she's a big disappointment to me.

Stanlos

Noob
She honestly doesn't even feel like a finished character so many obvious things should of brought up red flags. Things like the dash animation being really ugly, the way she awkwardly teleports backward after using lasso in the corner ,an rng ability, and literally no meter less dmg. Does anyone else feel like she didn't get enough time in the game development and ended up being rushed? Lol.
I feel like when it came to priorities for the development budget she was dead last (and if they could have skipped her altogether and got away with it I think that they would have). I look at the obvious effort in gear moves for characters like Black Adam and it really seems like they put very little effort into WW.

Are you sure her parry doesn't counter melee attacks. I thought it did?
The one with the shield had follow up attacks and was really the only thing I used in shield stance mostly to counter meter burn punch Superman abusers but still she's rated A1 in Martial Prowess and is known the best melee fighter in the DC Universe; it should be a thing in the game especially since her standard kit parry provides not a lot versus melee (or it could be that I simply haven't figured out how to use it without loading Aegis of Zeus--the old one did have uses versus melee as you gained frames and could dash out of things like Batgirls loop. With I2's, they glow you get a little meter and that appears to be it)

Stanlos

Noob
While i agree that Wonder Woman has some issues, I feel she is still a good character and has the tools for MOST situations.
I just hope that the Wonder Woman community doesn't get "left behind" not coming up w/ new tech and strategies for the Amazon Queen.

IMO wishing for her to be something she isn't instead of exploring what she has and can do currently is almost counterproductive.
The current version is NOT trash as depicted in the forums on here, @Akromaniac27 , Dab Jr, Kitana Prime, and YungMonster have all demonstrated that she has the tools to hang w/ MOST of the cast.

Could things be adjusted and tweaked, sure but some of her tools other characters would love to have.
Her shield bash can check better and further than many advancing string...
She has an amazing wakeup tool..
Supergirl wishes that she had Diana;s Damage.

Guys, I just hope we don't become a stagnant community sitting around dreaming/hoping and waiting for buffs that may or may not happen.

JMO... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I do see your point (and Akro and the others named have certainly demonstrated your point). I think I am just drowning in salt right now due to my response to NRS choices and their overall track record with the character. She also feels so much more difficult to combo with to me so when I do manage to get in I currently cannot really capitalize (which is on me). I will keep at it.

PS
It is going to be soooooooooooooo hard not to be salty when Supergirl and Superman are both given what was once Diana's Instant Air Demigoddess Might without having to give up any of their other long range moves/teleports. That is annoying and it is hard not to think what's NRS beef with WW

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
she's made to be a very good defense character from what i can tell. in match ups were she has to approach she can get mauled. i can agree she needs something but some of the stuff u ask for seem sketchy. especially the reflecting projectiles. if u give her that she'd probably be close to top 5.