What's new

Low poke frustration.....

Sazbak

Noob
And like I stated in original post, most of the community is toxic. You 2 must be so good that you are top 8?? Im sorry, I disnt see you guys compete at evo?! BTW, as far as teleport goes, I never spammed it, must not of read my post, must just like being low IQ and starting forum wars. People like you probably should stay off the forums, you are part of the toxic community. To all others who actually are posting ideas to help, thank you!!!
Really? You think these 2 people should stay off the forums instead of the guy who made the 238472384723895729578th complaining post about
losing to cheap scrubs and raging about low poke meta? It's not like I can't relate to you but after the 238472384723895729578th post these kind of things become so useless and boring.

Unless you play a wifi player and cannot consistently counterpoke, it is all on you. What do you expect from us especially since you think you are actually good at this game and you "can beat these trash players".

Matix218

Get over here!
G A L
I I
T F
E
I was just joking man. Obviously if someone is mashing d1 just block then use your frame advantage to initiate your own pressure, throw, nj, walk back and whiff punish, etc. It's not rocket science and with the frame data changes in the most recent patch it has never been easier to do.

Mayz22

Noob
I was just joking man. Obviously if someone is mashing d1 just block then use your frame advantage to initiate your own pressure, throw, nj, walk back and whiff punish, etc. It's not rocket science and with the frame data changes in the most recent patch it has never been easier to do.
For whatever reason, i am having alot of issues walking back from d1. I just faced a jade and tried exactly that to no avail. I duno maybe it is me, but whatever it is gets frustraiting as all hell.

Mayz22

Noob
Really? You think these 2 people should stay off the forums instead of the guy who made the 238472384723895729578th complaining post about
losing to cheap scrubs and raging about low poke meta? It's not like I can't relate to you but after the 238472384723895729578th post these kind of things become so useless and boring.

Unless you play a wifi player and cannot consistently counterpoke, it is all on you. What do you expect from us especially since you think you are actually good at this game and you "can beat these trash players".
Wow, another ignorant basher. First off this is my very 1st forum post here. My profile is maybe a week old. So now that was said, mr im soooooo tired of the 25567899965443332 posts of the same fucking thing yet im stupid enough to read just 1 more so I can feel like a BIG MAN and bash somebody!!! Stfu bro. I didnt bash you, go on with your life!!!! I dont understand, you idiots who bash cry just as much as the people you bash claim to be crying!!! Oh wait, you better hurry, some other noobie just posted another identical thread like mine, you better go troll/bash him mr dicksmall!!!!!

Edit: may 4th is when I made my profile fyi....

mrapchem

Noob
Do you happen to play on PS4 by any chance? I wouldn't mind hitting practice with you and having us replicate the exact scenarios you face online. I would then show you your character-specific options on how to react and either punish the opponent or begin your own offense.

EDIT: I looked at your screenshots, and you do play on PS4. If you're online after 9pm, just make a room and I will enter it and we can practice. My PSN is The5thDerivative

Last edited:

Mayz22

Noob
Do you happen to play on PS4 by any chance? I wouldn't mind hitting practice with you and having us replicate the exact scenarios you face online. I would then show you your character-specific options on how to react and either punish the opponent or begin your own offense.
Yes, I play on ps4, I currently work nights, 11pm to 7am in which it is 8:45pm now as we speak. My user name is x_XMAYZX_x

mrapchem

Noob
Yes, I play on ps4, I currently work nights, 11pm to 7am in which it is 8:45pm now as we speak. My user name is x_XMAYZX_x
Ironically I work nights also! What night are you not working? I can try to join your room, especially if it's from Friday to Monday.

Before I am told to get gud, let me start by saying alot of the mk11 community is toxic. Wether it be online in ranked or in forums. Just about every ranked match you get an idiot on the mic, he has absolutley no skills with character he/she is using other than spamming low poke/throws the entire match. Then run there mouth as if they actually did something. We need a mute button, I dont need to hear you cry about shit.Now, I am a scorpion main and it really ticked me off when every single one of these low poke/throw meta idiots called for him to get nerfed. Dont tell me to get gud, then liu kang players and their 1 and only combo string, sonya zoners, erron black slap the skin off you 3 hit combo, or how about jax doing the same exact string over and over again? I love to play online and love competition, but I love competition who actually likes to do setups, long combos and play the game flashy. This low poke meta is going to kill this game furyher, and kombat league is garbage as well. Before you guys say, oh yay, another scorpion main, he probably spammed teleport. Actually no, never have, only use it within my combos, I want to find ways to win without being cheap. Rant over, just irritated to what this game has come to this far.......
i dont think fighting games are for you man

Matix218

Get over here!
For whatever reason, i am having alot of issues walking back from d1. I just faced a jade and tried exactly that to no avail. I duno maybe it is me, but whatever it is gets frustraiting as all hell.
Walking back and attempting to whiff punish with an advancing move (like scorpions b1) after blocking your opponent's d1 will work if your opponent goes for another short range low poke (another d1, a d3, a fast but short range mid). If your opponent's character has a fast long range move, depending on how negative their d1 is, how fast their long range move is, and how fast the startup frames of your foward advancing whiff punisher is will all determine if you will hit them or get beat out. If they are just mashing d1 though it will work nearly every time.

Mayz22

Noob
i dont think fighting games are for you man
Why, because I have 1 rant? My first time I ever went public and complained? You gathered all that information over my 1 and only post? Mortal kombat 2, where I live there where blockbuster tournaments monthly, I was champ for 6 months. Killer Instinct and killer instinct gold was held at best buys and I won a hand full of them. Mk9, mkx i played in tournaments and finished top 25 in my state. Also Mkx I learned from a couple pros because I wanted to train and join the pro circuit. Now maybe none of that matters but honestly i play the living hell out of fighting games, kombat league season 2 i finished demi god on limited play time with a positive record. The biggest thing that irks me is its seems like you cant rant about a game without somebody attempting to belittle you. Look, i get it, I made a statement that may have ruffled feathers, but I own that statement, and I even have went into practice just from some of the guys on this thread giving me tips. Im a great listener and will for damn sure do what i need to get better. Needless to say I hit a 5 game win streak in ranked just by listening to some of these guys..

mrapchem

Noob
I work tuesday-saturday, sunday mondays off, i can be on 9pm for usually 45 mins. If im on tomorrow, ill send you an invite, id like to spar with you before practice if you dont mind!!!
Tuesday through Thursday night, I teach night classes and get home at around 9:30, so that won't work. However, I think Sunday and Monday will definitely work. We can certainly spar and then lab. I look forward to it!

Mayz22

Noob
Tuesday through Thursday night, I teach night classes and get home at around 9:30, so that won't work. However, I think Sunday and Monday will definitely work. We can certainly spar and then lab. I look forward to it!
Perfect, Im looking forward to it!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wow, there you go, thats much appreciated. Ya know helping a fellow mortal kombat fan out!! I will read that because I enjoy good people trying to help. I dislike trolls tho!!!
Yeah the first post I couldn’t resist. Gotta live light and have thick skin. Not just on here but just in general.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's not the game won't let you -- it's that YOU won't let you. because you're more focused on being mad at it, than figuring out the simple ways to not lose to people who aren't good and do repetitive things without thinking much.

We've all been there at some point, but it's your choice as to whether you want to level up out of it. And if you do, the first thing you need to change is your attitude :)
This, 1000x.

I do fall for the game's strongest mixup myself every so often. That is d1-throw or d1d1d1d1d1-throw, or d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1-throw, but that's mostly because of the connection quality and somehow failing to d1 right back on block.
I'm really bad at responding properly with d1,b343, somehow. I labbed it, I have it in muscle memory, I still can't do it consistently. I get b4 a lot, I get blown up a lot, but I'd rather play properly and lose to my own inadequacy than backjump glaive like I have no braincells. I'm sure if I keep failing enough times, eventually I'll keep succeeding more often.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
This is true, although the D1 spam can throw you off your mental game at times.

Mayz22

Noob
This, 1000x.

I do fall for the game's strongest mixup myself every so often. That is d1-throw or d1d1d1d1d1-throw, or d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1d1-throw, but that's mostly because of the connection quality and somehow failing to d1 right back on block.
I'm really bad at responding properly with d1,b343, somehow. I labbed it, I have it in muscle memory, I still can't do it consistently. I get b4 a lot, I get blown up a lot, but I'd rather play properly and lose to my own inadequacy than backjump glaive like I have no braincells. I'm sure if I keep failing enough times, eventually I'll keep succeeding more often.
Yes, you get it, thank you!!!! I have my ps4 wired in to ethernet, and my xbox 1. I was playing mk11 on both and what strikes me as very, very odd is I can execute combos so much more fluent on the xbox 1 then on ps4. I drop way more on the ps4 which is nuts. I also win a hell of alot more on the xbox but Im not sure why. I stopped playing on the x1 because my daughters wanted to play the xbox and well, since they are good kids Im not going to turn them down. I noticed some crazy stuff, i saved video of it like a few matches it would only lag while I was attacking. When my opponent attacked, id get my ass beat lag free lol. Soon as I would counter, or land a mixup the game would almost freeze. Mind you I am wired in, I did check my connection to make sure my end was good.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yes, you get it, thank you!!!! I have my ps4 wired in to ethernet, and my xbox 1. I was playing mk11 on both and what strikes me as very, very odd is I can execute combos so much more fluent on the xbox 1 then on ps4. I drop way more on the ps4 which is nuts. I also win a hell of alot more on the xbox but Im not sure why. I stopped playing on the x1 because my daughters wanted to play the xbox and well, since they are good kids Im not going to turn them down. I noticed some crazy stuff, i saved video of it like a few matches it would only lag while I was attacking. When my opponent attacked, id get my ass beat lag free lol. Soon as I would counter, or land a mixup the game would almost freeze. Mind you I am wired in, I did check my connection to make sure my end was good.
Lagswitchers happen. They install a device that cuts out their internet connection for a split second. If the ping changes drastically right when it's your turn, you can be almost entirely sure that's what happened.
But what I'm talking about is the fact that I find it really difficult to counter d1 mash with my own d1,mid. Probably because d1 are safe in this game.

Mayz22

Noob
so confused at how you can think this
Then go ahead and move on, maybe this thread aint for you. Maybe you are looking for conflict. Apparently, not dverybody plays the same and apparently not everybody experience the same in matches. Obviously maybe I miss worded it yet I felt confident enough that I could be some of those guys, more so than not and ended up losing because I just couldnt get out of a d1, d1, throw, or d1, d1, me try to counter and get comboed for 380 damage. Or Maybe im just sooooooo bad according to some of you guys that not only fighting games are not for me, but I need to git gud........
Hmmmmm very confusing I guess.

Mayz22

Noob
so confused at how you can think this
Why did you come to my thread? You complain about this game like crazy according to your posts and replies outside of this thread. You basically call nrs and mk11 trash, complained about 90% of your match with a cetrion you where trying to get in, or how jacqui briggs tripped you up, or the low hitboxes. Now Im confused smdh.......