What's new

Low poke frustration.....

Mayz22

Noob
Before I am told to get gud, let me start by saying alot of the mk11 community is toxic. Wether it be online in ranked or in forums. Just about every ranked match you get an idiot on the mic, he has absolutley no skills with character he/she is using other than spamming low poke/throws the entire match. Then run there mouth as if they actually did something. We need a mute button, I dont need to hear you cry about shit.Now, I am a scorpion main and it really ticked me off when every single one of these low poke/throw meta idiots called for him to get nerfed. Dont tell me to get gud, then liu kang players and their 1 and only combo string, sonya zoners, erron black slap the skin off you 3 hit combo, or how about jax doing the same exact string over and over again? I love to play online and love competition, but I love competition who actually likes to do setups, long combos and play the game flashy. This low poke meta is going to kill this game furyher, and kombat league is garbage as well. Before you guys say, oh yay, another scorpion main, he probably spammed teleport. Actually no, never have, only use it within my combos, I want to find ways to win without being cheap. Rant over, just irritated to what this game has come to this far.......

Mayz22

Noob
Just create a private party prior to jumping on ranked, throw some tunes on and relax. Try and pinpoint where mistakes are made and don’t take it too seriously.
I do my best to not take it serious but man it gets hard. It gets annoying you know damn well you can beat these trash players yet its like the game wont let you.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I do my best to not take it serious but man it gets hard. It gets annoying you know damn well you can beat these trash players yet its like the game wont let you.
Yeah I feel ya there dude, I first started playing online with mkx and man that was absolutely terrible. As soon as I realized about the private party combo with spotify, things got a hell of a lot less stressful.

Mayz22

Noob
Yeah I feel ya there dude, I first started playing online with mkx and man that was absolutely terrible. As soon as I realized about the private party combo with spotify, things got a hell of a lot less stressful.
Yea ur kinda lucky, mk9 online was a lagfest, mkx had jacqui briggs zoners that spammed her uzi. As far as learning to counter low pokes go i can counter most of them. It depends on what character it is and if they do like 5 in a row.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Block the low poke, do a fast mid or a counterpoke and jail them into a jab string or whatever

If people just mash them out they're probably not actually waiting to see if it hit to do something

It is annoying, but it's also a really easy strat to counter. Just get used to doing these things and you'll be able to punish them for 30% for trying to steal 1%. After a while people you wont be running into people who do that

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Before I am told to get gud, let me start by saying alot of the mk11 community is toxic. Wether it be online in ranked or in forums. Just about every ranked match you get an idiot on the mic, he has absolutley no skills with character he/she is using other than spamming low poke/throws the entire match. Then run there mouth as if they actually did something. We need a mute button, I dont need to hear you cry about shit.Now, I am a scorpion main and it really ticked me off when every single one of these low poke/throw meta idiots called for him to get nerfed. Dont tell me to get gud, then liu kang players and their 1 and only combo string, sonya zoners, erron black slap the skin off you 3 hit combo, or how about jax doing the same exact string over and over again? I love to play online and love competition, but I love competition who actually likes to do setups, long combos and play the game flashy. This low poke meta is going to kill this game furyher, and kombat league is garbage as well. Before you guys say, oh yay, another scorpion main, he probably spammed teleport. Actually no, never have, only use it within my combos, I want to find ways to win without being cheap. Rant over, just irritated to what this game has come to this far.......
This game doesnt have setups or trap characters. This game doesnt have long combos for the most part and while pokes are shitty you do have short hop or counter poke with a throw or string as opposed to poking back. Kang's the man f4 does have some issues jax on the other hand you just gotta play that matchup better, hes good but not kang levels of good.

Mayz22

Noob
Damn Scorpion players are really salty that you can poke under their teleport now huh
Tbh the best advice for your particular problem I’ve found is to just get gud.
And like I stated in original post, most of the community is toxic. You 2 must be so good that you are top 8?? Im sorry, I disnt see you guys compete at evo?! BTW, as far as teleport goes, I never spammed it, must not of read my post, must just like being low IQ and starting forum wars. People like you probably should stay off the forums, you are part of the toxic community. To all others who actually are posting ideas to help, thank you!!!

MK9

Noob
You play scorpion and your complaining about d1, a character with more stagger bs than anyone ... really.

The game is old enough now where you should not fall for d1 throw.

The only thing I agree on is kang bs string online. Just can someone with a better projectile and win the trade offs. “Kano”

Mayz22

Noob
You play scorpion and your complaining about d1, a character with more stagger bs than anyone ... really.

The game is old enough now where you should not fall for d1 throw.

The only thing I agree on is kang bs string online. Just can someone with a better projectile and win the trade offs. “Kano”
Here is where youbare not understanding. Yes Im a scorp main, I do NOT play cheesy so trapping/jailing, stagger setups I personally stayed away from. Same can be said for spamming port. Im not mad that you can duck under port because I never used port as an opener. It did not effect me. But jax, sonya, kang, kung lao and geras all for sure out poke scorp. And I been playing against alot of jax, kangs and sonyas. I can say nothing about johnny cages yet because Im still new to that matchup and its nice to see peopke using him more.

Mayz22

Noob
Another question, and be serious. Is anybody else dropping combos like crazy? So scorpions forward 3, 4 krushing blow allows me to either port, or spear into a combo, yet when i go to amplify the move after KB, it does not amplify and combo drops. I even did 10 out of 10's in practice mode to make sure I got it down and I have the online lag setting turned on for offline mode. Thats not the only combo string I drop, but its the easiest to explain.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You sound like the guy that got mad at me for spamming forceballs at him for over 30 seconds to close out a round because he had 4% health while I had 80+. Dude was fucking pissed, screaming over his mic, telling me to fight like a man. Sent me a dozen messages after the game calling me a bitch. The round before that, I approached him when I had a healthy life lead and he ended up coming all the way back and winning the round. Fuck that. I want to win.

I'm not going to get flashy or do setups or even risk approaching you if I can just kill you safely. Pokes might be annoying, but if you're not able to counter that type of play, you deserve to be beat by it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's not the game won't let you -- it's that YOU won't let you. because you're more focused on being mad at it, than figuring out the simple ways to not lose to people who aren't good and do repetitive things without thinking much.

We've all been there at some point, but it's your choice as to whether you want to level up out of it. And if you do, the first thing you need to change is your attitude :)

Yes Im a scorp main, I do NOT play cheesy so trapping/jailing, stagger setups I personally stayed away from. Same can be said for spamming port.
This is a competitive oriented community. No one cares if something is "spam" or "cheese" or "cheap". Irrelevant. Whatever helps you win the round is all that matters.

You're only frustrating yourself if you restrict yourself to your own set of "house rules" while competitively minded players will do whatever is allowed by the game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
This is a competitive oriented community. No one cares if something is "spam" or "cheese" or "cheap". Irrelevant. Whatever helps you win the round is all that matters.

You're only frustrating yourself if you restrict yourself to your own set of "house rules" while competitively minded players will do whatever is allowed by the game.
terrific fucking truth .... listen this advice here ! ;)