What's new

Low poke frustration.....

Mayz22

Noob
Lagswitchers happen. They install a device that cuts out their internet connection for a split second. If the ping changes drastically right when it's your turn, you can be almost entirely sure that's what happened.
But what I'm talking about is the fact that I find it really difficult to counter d1 mash with my own d1,mid. Probably because d1 are safe in this game.
My reason I did not say lagswitchers is I would most likely be bashed for it!!! Lol like oh now he is blaming lagswitchers on his losses. Like grow up ppl lol. (Not you)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
My reason I did not say lagswitchers is I would most likely be bashed for it!!! Lol like oh now he is blaming lagswitchers on his losses. Like grow up ppl lol. (Not you)
Like you said, the community is toxic. Some of these people get personal if your opinion does not match theirs. Sometimes you have to laugh it up and let it go. Thing is, though, most things, just like the poke mashing, can be worked around. Not even the bottom tiers are completely helpless against the top tiers, they just struggle a good bit. Hoping that will change with future patches to come.

I kind of think pokes should be punishable on block, but for some reason nrs seems to think that's not a good idea. We'll see.

DeftMonk

Noob
Why did you come to my thread? You complain about this game like crazy according to your posts and replies outside of this thread. You basically call nrs and mk11 trash, complained about 90% of your match with a cetrion you where trying to get in, or how jacqui briggs tripped you up, or the low hitboxes. Now Im confused smdh.......
I never ever said NRS or MK11 is trash...Bro just read your comment you made and ponder on it instead of getting salty at me. "I know im hella good and I shouldnt be losing to these trash players, but game is broke so I caught the L" or whatever the hell it was.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I never ever said NRS or MK11 is trash...Bro just read your comment you made and ponder on it instead of getting salty at me. "I know im hella good and I shouldnt be losing to these trash players, but game is broke so I caught the L" or whatever the hell it was.
He's not saying he's godtier, he's saying there is a legitimate issue with pokes in this game and there is.
It's not a gamebreaking issue, it's just annoying. And if someone's on a casual level, we don't need to be told to git gud, we know we aren't SonicFox.
This doesn't make the poke meta any less annoying.

DeftMonk

Noob
He's not saying he's godtier, he's saying there is a legitimate issue with pokes in this game and there is.
It's not a gamebreaking issue, it's just annoying. And if someone's on a casual level, we don't need to be told to git gud, we know we aren't SonicFox.
This doesn't make the poke meta any less annoying.
I feel you. I think the main issue is with lag involved this meta isn't fun and there is always gonna be lag involved. Technically Tekken has a very similar meta in some ways (although way more other shit is also involved) but it doesnt ever feel as messed up as it does here with just being impossible to use counterpokes and having to walk back or flawless block to be more efficient.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I feel you. I think the main issue is with lag involved this meta isn't fun and there is always gonna be lag involved. Technically Tekken has a very similar meta in some ways (although way more other shit is also involved) but it doesnt ever feel as messed up as it does here with just being impossible to use counterpokes and having to walk back or flawless block to be more efficient.
Pokes just need to be punishable by other pokes tbh. Make them -9 and problem solved. -10 if they have range.

Gaxkang

Banned
Pokes just need to be punishable by other pokes tbh. Make them -9 and problem solved. -10 if they have range.
Yup...I think things in general need to be more negative. Online it just feels like...you can't do much of anything on block.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Just try to walk back or reversal throw if you have trouble poking back. I get upset too when someone pokes me like 5 times in a row and my poke doesn't come out either. Its just online shenanigans

Some people should finally understand that, there is no "cheap" move in this game. If the opponent beats you, then he beats you, doesnt matter how he beat you. If you cant handle something, its because your fault, not his.
If i see someone is struggle with one move, of course i will use it often. Its always amuse me when some people say they has no skill because he use "x" character or spam "x" move. If he has no skills and beats you, what does make you then ?

So you want to do flashy combos without those pesky pokesand throws from your opponent?

Have you tried practice mode?

Seriously, it's not figure skating. You don't win on style points. Learn to counter pokes and blow up/tech throws.

Edit: I agree though, pokes need to be more negative on block.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Like you said, the community is toxic. Some of these people get personal if your opinion does not match theirs. Sometimes you have to laugh it up and let it go. Thing is, though, most things, just like the poke mashing, can be worked around. Not even the bottom tiers are completely helpless against the top tiers, they just struggle a good bit. Hoping that will change with future patches to come.

I kind of think pokes should be punishable on block, but for some reason nrs seems to think that's not a good idea. We'll see.
If pokes were punishable on block pressure/stagger characters like liu kang would be even more dumb than they already are. Trying to counter poke in the middle of stagger pressure to try to take your turn back would be pretty risky/rough if d1's were punishable... And most people already think Liu is the best in the game as-is...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
If pokes were punishable on block pressure/stagger characters like liu kang would be even more dumb than they already are. Trying to counter poke in the middle of stagger pressure to try to take your turn back would be pretty risky/rough if d1's were punishable... And most people already think Liu is the best in the game as-is...
It's a two-way thing. He'd also run the risk of getting his d1 blocked and lose his turn. Thing is right now, though, there's a few characters who have everything, Liu being one of them. And then there are the others whose tools are all left in the dirt. I'd totally be game having Liu, Geras, Erron, Cetrion, Sonya etc having punishable pokes while footsie characters maintain their safe pokes.

But this is a risky statement and I don't claim to know the game better than the devs.

I know one thing. The current poke meta is annoying and it doesn't benefit my character for sure. She's already struggling against the top tiers.

I'll start with saying I respect a lot of the comments here, but I don't agree with the majority of it.

My suggestions for you.

1. Just win, no strategy matters in game. Nothing is cheap, nothing is spam. If they are defeating you with one move, you are not properly prepared. Just own up to it and practice. If you don't know what to practice then take people's advice openly without contention until you can test it and say it doesn't work. If you can't figure out how it works then play the people that suggest it to see how it works.

2. You lost, you are not better. If you were, you would win. Learn this as deeply as you can if you want to have any hope competing at any level. They may not be as good as you on certain things, but they are better in some way to allow victory.

3. Play the game as it is. Don't think about how the game should be, but how it is. Just like any sport, there are designated rules and typical stratagems that are laid out. You execute to the best of your ability and try to win. Too many people here wait for patches that will never come and continue to complain. Others just play, practice and learn to win. Which one are you?

4. In regards to you getting called out and toxicity. You stated yourself you are new and never post. You have to accept that most here will dog you as they have no reference point of who you are and you opened a post complaining about a core part of how the game works. First impressions are a real thing, even online.

5. Posting match footage for analysis or playing people here should be your priority if you want to be more immersed in the community. It will provide real and direct feedback. It's sometimes sobering but worth it if you want to level up. You will typically get better faster playing the same people rather than random people all the time. Mixing both is best. Again, many people here talk a lot but Dodge playing anyone to actually figure things out and test match ups. Not sure when tym became this way but it sucks I will agree to that.

Hope this helps. I also play during the daytime if you want games, but wow classic crack got me so yeah ...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yeah when they spam 5 down pokes it's annoying as hell, I get it, I get angry too, but it's the meta RN so you know, either learn to counter it or don't play online.
It's really helpful when you take your turn back with a poke and KNOW they are going to try to hit you with d2...

whistle emote

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Just make long ass pokes like EB, Scorpion, Jade Etc etc as negative as skarlets d3 and d4. Both of them are minus enough making sure that the Skarlet player can't mash and sometimes even get punished

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I am down with this!

I also believe that will happen when:

I try to grab, and hetd2'ed into kb - I think real players should tech throw, or simply do something else. d2 is lame and is killing the game.
When I wanna jump in, and the modafaka walks back, and punishes me, on my recovery frame - that shiet, is killing the game.
When I see end of animation, and I think its my turn, but the bast@rd, tricked me into plus frames! this will deff, kill the game
And the fact, when I want to continute to plany, they turn me down. That will also result, community break down!

Most of the time people spam a certain move cause they know you're not countering, so they keep going. For instance Raiden's Storm Cell is punishable if you know what to do, if you don't do it you're gonna get spammed

Mayz22

Noob
Some people should finally understand that, there is no "cheap" move in this game. If the opponent beats you, then he beats you, doesnt matter how he beat you. If you cant handle something, its because your fault, not his.
If i see someone is struggle with one move, of course i will use it often. Its always amuse me when some people say they has no skill because he use "x" character or spam "x" move. If he has no skills and beats you, what does make you then ?
Obviously you are not taking into consideration lag. Also hit boxes with some you can jump over the d1, and some you can anti air d1. Opening up your mouth to say that somebody who abuses lag, or spaming just to get a win because the specific character they picked is or has the most safe strings on block, fastest low poke or whatever it is they can abuse to win shows you are only here to start shit, belittle others and so on.

Mayz22

Noob
I'll start with saying I respect a lot of the comments here, but I don't agree with the majority of it.

My suggestions for you.

1. Just win, no strategy matters in game. Nothing is cheap, nothing is spam. If they are defeating you with one move, you are not properly prepared. Just own up to it and practice. If you don't know what to practice then take people's advice openly without contention until you can test it and say it doesn't work. If you can't figure out how it works then play the people that suggest it to see how it works.

2. You lost, you are not better. If you were, you would win. Learn this as deeply as you can if you want to have any hope competing at any level. They may not be as good as you on certain things, but they are better in some way to allow victory.

3. Play the game as it is. Don't think about how the game should be, but how it is. Just like any sport, there are designated rules and typical stratagems that are laid out. You execute to the best of your ability and try to win. Too many people here wait for patches that will never come and continue to complain. Others just play, practice and learn to win. Which one are you?

4. In regards to you getting called out and toxicity. You stated yourself you are new and never post. You have to accept that most here will dog you as they have no reference point of who you are and you opened a post complaining about a core part of how the game works. First impressions are a real thing, even online.

5. Posting match footage for analysis or playing people here should be your priority if you want to be more immersed in the community. It will provide real and direct feedback. It's sometimes sobering but worth it if you want to level up. You will typically get better faster playing the same people rather than random people all the time. Mixing both is best. Again, many people here talk a lot but Dodge playing anyone to actually figure things out and test match ups. Not sure when tym became this way but it sucks I will agree to that.

Hope this helps. I also play during the daytime if you want games, but wow classic crack got me so yeah ...
Going off point #4, being dogged because somebody expressed an annoying feature shows the level of maturity in this community. For what reason should somebody be dogged over that? 1st impressions go both ways. This only peoves how toxic gamers can be because this is the norm no matter the game forum.

Gaxkang

Banned
Then maybe that has to be changed too. ;)

NRS may not want to hear it, but their game could use an overhaul on everything heh.