What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
in which case you get what, a regular knockdown?

while Scorpion gets a full free combo
I would think they would change the properties of the move when used as an armor breaker. They could give F4 a KB that triggers when used as an armor breaker. Or maybe F4 causes a re-stand, or pops the opponent back up for a combo, or grants enough advantage that you could cancel F4 into some kind of ender.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
B12 is going to be safe
B12 1+3 will be an actual throw ender of some kind (I didn't hear all the details)
Electric Fly KB requirement has been shortened
Also Storm Cell can't be broken out of until the third hit I think (so all those TW players can stop their complaining about Raiden now).

And apparently some other buffs as well (please god Truth and Light please please please please please)

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I'm assuming it's something like -6. Safe, but gives up his turn. Which really helps out TW variation. That change alone makes him undeniably mid tier, if not upper mid tier in my mind.
I've been playing him a bunch recently, if your only reacting to things baiting and whiff punishing he is REALLY ANNOYING to deal with. Everything works as intended raiden might be out of bottom 5

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
B12 is going to be safe
B12 1+3 will be an actual throw ender of some kind (I didn't hear all the details)
Electric Fly KB requirement has been shortened
Also Storm Cell can't be broken out of until the third hit I think (so all those TW players can stop their complaining about Raiden now).

And apparently some other buffs as well (please god Truth and Light please please please please please)
B12 1+3 now is a true throw, like Termy's f2,1+3

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Hmmm. I guess technically they said B12 would be "safer" which isn't the same thing as safe, so there's a chance it's still something like -7 or -8. Which would be so stupid, but with the other buffs he's still coming out on top.

Storm Cell change was mandatory. Kinda shocked they didn't include that with the same patch that fixed Kitana's fan lift, but oh well we take buffs.

Really digging the b12 1+3 change; pretty much what I wanted to happen to this string since the throw component has very little use.
Here's hoping the patch notes also have something for b31 2+4 since it's literally pointless right now. Steph said they did a lot of small tweaks everywhere to frames and such so I'm expecting Raiden's strings that don't get used to get a look at.

Hmmm. I guess technically they said B12 would be "safer" which isn't the same thing as safe, so there's a chance it's still something like -7 or -8. Which would be so stupid, but with the other buffs he's still coming out on top.
isnt it -7 now, so it would at least be -6 and therefore only punishable by raijin?

Here's hoping the patch notes also have something for b31 2+4 since it's literally pointless right now.
it does have a little use, when you b31 on block you can just add 2+4 and it will finish the combo if they let go block on the 1