What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I feel like this is a dumb question, but does changing B21 to be less negative affect the safety of Electric Fly cancels at all?

JontyHar23

Never Stop Improving
I’m really hoping Truth & Light gets some love in this patch. It’ll be nice to worry less about those weird situations where the amped followup from jo push ends up whiffing. Aside from his third variation, some small quality of life changes could help Raiden a lot.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Truth and Light is kinda buffed from the b12 frame changes so I wonder what else they'll change for frame data

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Plus, I think a cool change for raiden would be for his b2 to have extended range via his lightning swords. He has these badass swords he uses to kill hoards of demons not to mention shinnok in the story, but they are nowhere to be found in his moveset. Give my boy some flair.
That could actually be a cool Brutality. Maybe have it trigger if the final hit comes from B2.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I’m really hoping Truth & Light gets some love in this patch. It’ll be nice to worry less about those weird situations where the amped followup from jo push ends up whiffing. Aside from his third variation, some small quality of life changes could help Raiden a lot.
I'd love for T&L to get some TLC. Make Jo Push 1 slot, give him his float stance, let float stance interact with Lightning rod, and increase the duration of lightning rod would be awesome. If they just did that I'd be thrilled.

However, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. He'll already have two really solid variations, so T&L might end up being redundant, regardless of how they patch him. I'd just love for some of the stuff they seemed to design T&L to do to actually be viable.

Nice to see thunder wave (which is the real raiden for me) getting buffs, but, the changes anounced could make raijin unfair. Raijin is already good....I use as a counter pick against infinite pressure chars with no zoning (dvorah buzzed; lao lotus).....I think they have to adjust raijin to these changes....

And by the way....I honestly dont think that raiden is bad. He is just bad in comparison to the guys above him.....but looking at him....TW for example, removing some of his stupid gaps and improving a little bit his CB requirements would make him very good,.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
And by the way....I honestly dont think that raiden is bad. He is just bad in comparison to the guys above him.....but looking at him....TW for example, removing some of his stupid gaps and improving a little bit his CB requirements would make him very good,.

To me the biggest problem with TW was always the lack of safety (which is what made Raijin so appealing). If B12 is safer, and Storm Cell is less easy to punish with breakaway, I think that's a huge improvement. He already has decent damage, solid mobility with the teleport, and great corner carry. Only thing he doesn't really have is much of a Low/Overhead mix or strong projectiles, but those aren't really part of his main strategy anyways.

ValeDJ

Noob
It's almost as if T&L needs new strings to compensate for using the rod plant. You can't (and why would you anyway) use f1 and 321 (again why would you anyway with that gap), so he needs a new string at least. Still hoping for a multi use Jo Push overhead/low Amp mix up...

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Watch every mediocre youtuber make a "RAIDEN IS NOW GODLIKE" video after the patch, even if the changes will MAYBE push him to mid tier

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
  • Raiden - Elder Fury (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch) now has 6 less recovery frames, 5 less blockstun frames, can now be Kombo Attack cancelled on block, and its cancel frame occurs 1 frame earlier
  • Raiden - Power Discharge (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now has 3 less startup frames, 1 more active frame, 4 less recovery frames on miss, and now hits as a throw
  • Raiden - Adjusted the hit regions of High Poke (Towards + Front Punch), Divine Power (Towards + Front Punch, Front Punch), and Sudden Energy (Towards + Front Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch)
  • Raiden - The 2nd hit of Hammer Fists (Away + Back Punch) now has increased block pushback
  • Raiden - Heavy Storm (Towards + Back Punch) now has 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback
  • Raiden - Adjusted the hit regions of Deadly Storm (Front Kick, Back Punch, Front Punch) and it now has 5 more blockstun frames
  • Raiden - The Calm (Away + Front Kick, Front Punch) can now be Kombo Attack cancelled on block or miss
  • Raiden - Might Of Mordulus (Away + Front Kick, Front Punch, Back Punch + Back Kick) now hits mid, has 1 more recovery frame, 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback, and has a different grounded hit reaction
  • Raiden - Massive Destruction (Towards + Front Kick, Back Punch) now hits overhead and has increased block pushback
  • Raiden - Lightning Bolt now has 27 startup frames (down from 28), 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback, 2 more recovery frames on hit, 1 more recovery frames on block, 2 less recovery frames on miss and increased the window for the cancel into Amplify
  • Raiden - Lightning Bolt Amplify now has 1 less startup frame and has 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback
  • Raiden - The first 2 hits of Storm Cell no longer allow opponent to Breakaway
  • Raiden - Electric Fly can no longer be parried
  • Raiden - Electric Fly Amplify Krushing Blow travel distance requirement slightly reduced
  • Raiden - Summon Lightning now breaks armor, has 11 startup frames (down from 14), and has an increased hit region when the opponent is in a combo
  • Raiden - The initial hit of Lightning Rod now does 70 damage (up from 50) and lightning projectiles now do 40 damage (up from 30)
  • Raiden - Fixed a rare issue that could cause Super Bolt to lose trades against certain attacks

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
  • Raiden - Elder Fury (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch) now has 6 less recovery frames, 5 less blockstun frames, can now be Kombo Attack cancelled on block, and its cancel frame occurs 1 frame earlier
  • Raiden - Power Discharge (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now has 3 less startup frames, 1 more active frame, 4 less recovery frames on miss, and now hits as a throw
  • Raiden - Adjusted the hit regions of High Poke (Towards + Front Punch), Divine Power (Towards + Front Punch, Front Punch), and Sudden Energy (Towards + Front Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch)
  • Raiden - The 2nd hit of Hammer Fists (Away + Back Punch) now has increased block pushback
  • Raiden - Heavy Storm (Towards + Back Punch) now has 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback
  • Raiden - Adjusted the hit regions of Deadly Storm (Front Kick, Back Punch, Front Punch) and it now has 5 more blockstun frames
  • Raiden - The Calm (Away + Front Kick, Front Punch) can now be Kombo Attack cancelled on block or miss
  • Raiden - Might Of Mordulus (Away + Front Kick, Front Punch, Back Punch + Back Kick) now hits mid, has 1 more recovery frame, 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback, and has a different grounded hit reaction
  • Raiden - Massive Destruction (Towards + Front Kick, Back Punch) now hits overhead and has increased block pushback
  • Raiden - Lightning Bolt now has 27 startup frames (down from 28), 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback, 2 more recovery frames on hit, 1 more recovery frames on block, 2 less recovery frames on miss and increased the window for the cancel into Amplify
  • Raiden - Lightning Bolt Amplify now has 1 less startup frame and has 5 more blockstun frames with increased block pushback
  • Raiden - The first 2 hits of Storm Cell no longer allow opponent to Breakaway
  • Raiden - Electric Fly can no longer be parried
  • Raiden - Electric Fly Amplify Krushing Blow travel distance requirement slightly reduced
  • Raiden - Summon Lightning now breaks armor, has 11 startup frames (down from 14), and has an increased hit region when the opponent is in a combo
  • Raiden - The initial hit of Lightning Rod now does 70 damage (up from 50) and lightning projectiles now do 40 damage (up from 30)
  • Raiden - Fixed a rare issue that could cause Super Bolt to lose trades against certain attacks
I feel dumb, but can you translate that into the actual inputs we are familiar with?