What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Agreed, but maybe they just wanted a chance to give the 3rd variations a chance to settle, so that way if in a couple weeks they needed to tweak some things they could roll it out with the rest of the balance patch.
If that's the case I'd be all for it; whatever gets it done.

Those are the patch notes for Raiden:

Raiden - Added the Kompetitive Mode preset "Truth and Light" which has the following Abilities - Jo Push (2) and Lightning Rod (1)

· Raiden - Jo Push ability now replaces Electric Fly instead of Lightning Bolt

· Raiden - Jo Push starts up in 20 frames (was 19), has 2 more active frames, hit region adjusted, recovery adjusted and is no longer considered a projectile

· Raiden - Jo Push Amplified now starts up in 16 frames (was 24), hit reaction changed, recovery increased by 3 frames

· Raiden - Fixed an issue with Super Bolt Krushing Blow being possible multiple times in a match under certain circumstances

· Raiden - Electric Burst no longer interacts with projectile parries or reflects

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/dbmngs
It's not listed but his b2 KB damage was reduced by 8.5. They actually nerfed this man. Again.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
If I were to I'd do this.

Raijin: Jo Staff (2) and Quick Charge

Jo Push is deleted and now Electric Current and Burst are combined into a 2 slot ability called Jo Staff. Electric Current is now Raiden simply shooting lightning from his hands that hits low (similar to his U3), Raiden has added staff based normals, B2 is now an overhead staff move, B3 1 now starts with a low staff attack into a big boot, B4 is a low staff sweep and F2 is a staff thrust. Quick Charge remains the same only now once fully charged it adds damage to all punch attacks and lightning attacks. Electric Burst now has a meter burn that creates a dome similar to Vicinity Blast's MB attack from MKX.

Truth and Light: Lightning Rod (2) and Lightning Storm

Lightning Rod is now combined with Rolling Thunder as a 2 slot, placing the rod will cause it to chip damage the opponent when near it, MB will create a bigger dome and doubles the damage. Lightning Storm is now altered to just inklude air attacks, bf1 does the straight bolt, db2 does the diagonal bolt, and db3 does the overhead stomp, bf 1 MB causes the multi-hit lightning attack. Each move can be done at any pint in the air.

Thunder Wave: Storm Cell, Sparkport (2)

Storm Cell's command is db1, allowing Summon Lighting back in. Sparkport no longer causes auto corrects and Storm Cell can be made safe with meter. Sparkport now has DUD (stationary teleport) DUB (teleport to full screen on the same side), DUF (teleport full screen to the other side), and DD, DDB and DDF (teleport into the air, DD always keeps you on the same side and you appear klose, DDB puts you at full screen on the same side, DDF puts you klose on the other side)

121 KB does damage overtime, based damage is lowered.
Thunder Fly KB is converted back to normal, works on MB in the air.
Throw KB now activated after 3 are hit.
New KB for b2 is now on a punish in Raijin only.
Summon Lightning can KB if Quick Charge is fully loaded in Raijin.
MB Air Stomp can KB in Truth and Light after a five hit kombo, causes a pop up.
MB Lightning Strike can KB if the Rod is also out in Truth and Light.
Thunder Wave now has a Storm Cell KB if you counter with a MB'd Storm Cell

Last edited:

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Apparently every krushing blow/ fatal blow got a damage reduction. So not unique here.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Apparently every krushing blow/ fatal blow got a damage reduction. So not unique here.
Apparently Raiden's already shitty KB's got nerfed too huh %? That's great NRS....lol was messing around with his 3rd variation earlier some more for the hell of it, yeah it's pretty garbage.

JeffX

Apparently Raiden's already shitty KB's got nerfed too huh %? That's great NRS....lol was messing around with his 3rd variation earlier some more for the hell of it, yeah it's pretty garbage.
You know what's weird? The cancel window on Jaqui's new ud motion is easy as hell. Meanwhile we have to time
Raiden's teleport perfectly off b12.

MKF30

You know what's weird? The cancel window on Jaqui's new ud motion is easy as hell. Meanwhile we have to time
Raiden's teleport perfectly off b12.
I know right? like you can't just buffer it cancel into it easily, the timing is precise.

JJParker

Noob
NRS please for now just make Raidens B12 string -6 on block. It's a joke that this string is punishable. It's a 2 second fix you could easily put out in a quick patch.

NRS please for now just make Raidens B12 string -6 on block. It's a joke that this string is punishable. It's a 2 second fix you could easily put out in a quick patch.
Actually, they wouldn't even need a patch for that. They have mentioned in past kombat kasts that they can tweak variables such as frame data and push it directly to the game without needing cert or patch.

So it's even easier than what you're asking.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
They made it apparent they only want b12 to ever be safe if you have quick charge buff up and do df2 to keep yourself safe.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I’s hate to burst your bubble pal, but that doesn’t make them right.

Its a horrible design when you have garbage like Geras’s f212 in the game.
So your character has an inferior tool compared to other characters, but the developers have given you other tools to make it better. Yet you choose to ignore the options that the character has and only focus on the one lacklustre tool you want to be good. Hilarious.

JeffX

So your character has an inferior tool compared to other characters, but the developers have given you other tools to make it better. Yet you choose to ignore the options that the character has and only focus on the one lacklustre tool you want to be good. Hilarious.
Really? What tools do I have in my third variation to make it better genius? Just stop.

MKF30

NRS are always saying they go by "analytics and seeing who uses who, plays what modes etc" I would pay to see how much Raiden in general is used in this game compared to everyone else, lol. Just out of sheer curiousity.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Regardless of the core design, I was looking forward to this variation, as it seemed set-up like, but there isn't really anything solid about it. Raijin, is still semi-sold and fun to play.