What's new

Lord Raiden General Discussion Thread

Anyone else here when using Raijin constantly mistakenly do a whiffed DB2 instead of DF2 all the time when hit confirming the B12 when on block to make it safe, then get totally punished severely for it?

I do it so much in matches despite never screwing it up in practice. So annoying.
that might because you're not used to using Raijin my friend lol. Happens to a lot of my buddies that play Thunder Wave.

Regarding your first post, above, Raijin's update wasn't quite a straight up buff. He was buffed in a few ways but also nerfed in others (including some sneak nerfs that some players might've not noticed unless they've been Raijin Mains before the patch.

I do like the fact the midscreen combo damage is now more consistent, but the counter attack (discharge) definitely took a nerf, and no longer "cleanly" punishes certain windows where it used to (instead it hits with a trade). On top of that, even though Electric Burst got a nice pushback feature (with hands charged); the startup animation also got slightly slowed down.
I addressed this in said post.

Last edited:
I guess the good news is you can amp jo on whiff? Eager to see the notes.
Actually, yeah, it appears to launch them back further if you start with f4, so f4~JPamp, f4 whiffs.

Lightning Rod doesn't seem any different. Same duration, -3 on hit, it's all the same. And the lightning bolts he's supposed to use to interact with it are still 27/28 frame startups.

I don't get it.

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
Actually, yeah, it appears to launch them back further if you start with f4, so f4~JPamp, f4 whiffs.

Lightning Rod doesn't seem any different. Same duration, -3 on hit, it's all the same. And the lightning bolts he's supposed to use to interact with it are still 27/28 frame startups.

I don't get it.
Any frame changes at all?

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
There are other changes I cant do the prepatch combos in 3rd variation, now max i can do midscreen is 265 damage

b12 JoPush MB f4 db2 - 265 for 1 bar midscreen and side switch

Before patch i could do f2 12 superman or db2 for around 300

He has no superman it means we lost corner carry and midscreen its constant side switching.
Also there are no air combos like after b2 KB u cant jump kick superman its all bad this variation is even worse then I predicted!!!!

Thank You NRS!!!!

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers

I don't get it.
It feels like the bubble on amp LR reacts quicker than before. 16 on hit but cant seem to link anything

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
ok guys bad news after f4 Jo push MB i can only connect f4 to Jo Push midcreen for 266 damage 1 bar lol

f4 Jo Push MB f4 Jo Push - 266 1 bar switch side no corner carry

Opponent is to low to connect db2 ender

His biggest combo i found comes from his 16f low:

B31 JoPush MB f4 db2 -284

He cant even reach 300 damage midscreen wtf

Last edited:

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
OK guys I made an early combo compilation, seems like he has no combo potential at all in this variation. Remember that midscreen his JoPush switches sides and he has no superman it gonna be much harder to corner carry.

Corner combos:
1) B12 JoPush (MB) f2, d1, 243 db2 - 318,48
2)F4 JoPush (MB) f2, d1, 243 db2 -343,67
Midscreen:
1)B12 JoPush (MB) f4 db2 - 265,61
2)F4 JoPush (MB) f4 bf3 - 266,72
3)B31 JoPush (MB) f4 db2 - 284,61

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
So his new variation is kind of crap... Rod is only out for such a short time. You HAVE to do something like shoot a bolt or else it just goes away. And you can’t be completely full screen either. I’ve found it’s probably best to put rod out behind someone to maximise the damage from projectiles, or else a 7%high becomes a 4%mid but you get 10% lightning if it’s behind someone and 15% AMP bolts. He doesn’t have any corner carry from combos, but ending in DB2 sends them full screen which seems to be where he wants? I don’t get it NRS :/

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I promise you some NRS employee is saying "well you dont have to use the 3rd variation he has 2 more" serious waste bad call but them