What's new

Guide - Konjurer Living Konjurer Guide by Sage Leviathan

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
You're better off starting with b11u4 then do 112~ovomorph. There's another thread on here showing a bunch of different setups using that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
B11U4 is a combo starter. I read through this entire thread and didn't see any mention of using 112~Ovomorph. 112 itself is a hard knockdown that keeps Ovomorph Summon safe from every wakeup in the game except Reptile.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
I'm aware of that, but you can still run in and do 112 after b11u4 so why not get the extra damage? There is a thread going into it in a lot of detail.

SkyratiK

The video I posted shows different follow up options after either b11u4, 112~ovimorph or b11u4, b11u4, f23~ovimorph. I just didn't show that at the beginning. 112 works better for the far setups but f23 works good with close ovimorph setups, as far as I can tell it's safe.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Alright let me break it down since I believe you misunderstood what I meant:

Combo Starter, 112+Ovomorph means that you start with anyone of Alien's combo starting strings/normals/specials (which INCLUDES B11U4), and you finish it with 112+Ovo. What it does it set up a hard knockdown right on top of the egg where the opponent has to deal with it as soon as the get off the ground, as well as whatever oki you want to do since your opponent is right next to you.

SkyratiK

Oh my bad I didn't see that in the first post man, sorry.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
The video I posted shows different follow up options after either b11u4, 112~ovimorph or b11u4, b11u4, f23~ovimorph. I just didn't show that at the beginning. 112 works better for the far setups but f23 works good with close ovimorph setups, as far as I can tell it's safe.

Watched the vid, didn't see you end in the 112+Ovo setup. If there's anything in this or any other thread talking about it then my apologies, I haven't seen it.

112+Ovo seems like the better choice to keep them close though, since ending in F+23 gives the opponent the chance to roll and avoid the setup entirely unless it's in the corner. And like I said 112+Ovo is fairly safe. Even more 112+EX Ovo is 100%safe.

I'll be making a video later to showcase to you guys the setups I've cooked up.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Someone please explain why we can't summon an egg behind us in the corner, I think it is a bug.

SkyratiK

Yeah I probably should have done it at the beginning to show how it's set up. For the setups where I have the egg behind them I like f23. If they roll away they're right at the egg. So for example if they wake up with the egg behind them and you read properly you can do the b3~ex slam and it's still safe. You still have time to block wake up, even reptiles slide. Its all situational. If you'd like me to I could make another short video later on.

SkyratiK

Watched the vid, didn't see you end in the 112+Ovo setup. If there's anything in this or any other thread talking about it then my apologies, I haven't seen it.

112+Ovo seems like the better choice to keep them close though, since ending in F+23 gives the opponent the chance to roll and avoid the setup entirely unless it's in the corner. And like I said 112+Ovo is fairly safe. Even more 112+EX Ovo is 100%safe.

I'll be making a video later to showcase to you guys the setups I've cooked up.

I found that 33 is safer than f21. I forgot to change that in two combos but you get the point. These might not be 100% useful until you have conditioned your opponent so they are pretty situational. This deals with roll and wake up too.

B11U4 is a combo starter. I read through this entire thread and didn't see any mention of using 112~Ovomorph. 112 itself is a hard knockdown that keeps Ovomorph Summon safe from every wakeup in the game except Reptile.
112 + ovomorph & 112 +EX ovomorph are 100% safe against reptiles ex slide on wakeup

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
112 + ovomorph & 112 +EX ovomorph are 100% safe against reptiles ex slide on wakeup
Sort of. How much advantage you are left with depends on the height of the 112 juggle. The lower to the ground the opponent is when you finish the juggle, the less advantage you have. It can be made 100% safe, but you'll likely sacrifice damage to ensure the safety. And this is only against Reptile, every other character it is absolutely 100% safe.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

I found that 33 is safer than f21. I forgot to change that in two combos but you get the point. These might not be 100% useful until you have conditioned your opponent so they are pretty situational. This deals with roll and wake up too.

Great video friend, thanks for sharing! Nice setups

ando1184

Noob
All combos have been optimized and all input regarding 112~Trap has been included! Sorry it took a week ^^
B112 b112 112 egg, doesn't get it out safely, if you 112 too low to the ground then it's not safe. The ex summon is safe yes, but not non mb. Same with the b2 combo you have listed on op. Unless I'm off with my timing, those are the two I noticed that absolutely require an ex summon to be safe vs wake up slippery slide. The njp combo with u3, u3, 112 summon works but the timing is very strict and I haven't really noticed a distinct difference between when it works and doesn't. Can someone test these combos further so we can finally figure these out. On that note, a jump in attack into an immediate 112 egg summon or just a 112 punish into summon will always be 100% safe

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I'd like to formally announce that:

If Reptile alone can punish something, I honestly don't give a shit.
Yeah a safe setup is a safe setup. Point is ending in 112+Ovomorph provides a huge guessing game for the opponent since they have to respect the egg. Jumping out doesn't work. Holding block leads to a grab into full combo. Even wakeup attacks that are normally safe become a liability.

Suppose I should share my tech/combos with y'all who aren't intimidated by iaNJP and tight links.

These are all corner combos/setups btw.

B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDB1 [31%]

Most damaging (that I could find) meterless 9 frame punish, egg setup that's safe from reptile's slippery slide.

B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDF3
[36%]

If you need the extra 5% to finish them off.

Now once the egg is down after a 112 setup midscreen or F134 in the corner proceed with the following mixup options. all of these options are 100% safe due to the facehugger leaving both players at 0 when blocked.

B3xxDB3 (Low, Low)
B3xxBF4 (Low, OH)
F3xxDB3 (Mid, Low)
F3xxBF4 (Mid, OH)
F4xxDB3 (OH, Low)
F4xxBF4 (OH, OH)
Run, Throw.

These will all add 15% to the start of your next combo assuming you hit the opponent with both attacks.

IMPORTANT: Currently there is a bug where if you hit the opponent with an OH and the facehugger restands them it allows the opponent to block and stop your combo, this was discovered by ando1184 who made a video post here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/xl-konjurer-praetorian-alien-discussion-thread.58970/

For the meantime until NRS fixes this end with DB3.

From there follow up with a JIP into your BnB corner combo.

A full example will look this;

B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDB1 (31% + Setup) F4xxDB3, Facehugger Interrupts, JIP, B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDF3 (43%) [74%] Meterless Punish Reset

If you decide to throw after the setup the same combo will total for 66%.

if you have some meter to spend why not push for 87%?

F134xx MB BF4, U3, NJP, F134xxDB1 (37% + setup) B3xxDB3, FH Interrupts, JIP, F23xx MB BF4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xx MB BF1, F23434xxDF3 (50%) [87%] 3 Bars.

Have fun.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Suppose I should share my tech/combos with y'all who aren't intimidated by iaNJP and tight links.

These are all corner combos/setups btw.

B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDB1 [31%]

Most damaging (that I could find) meterless 9 frame punish, egg setup that's safe from reptile's slippery slide.

B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDF3
[36%]

If you need the extra 5% to finish them off.

Now once the egg is down after a 112 setup midscreen or F134 in the corner proceed with the following mixup options. all of these options are 100% safe due to the facehugger leaving both players at 0 when blocked.

B3xxDB3 (Low, Low)
B3xxBF4 (Low, OH)
F3xxDB3 (Mid, Low)
F3xxBF4 (Mid, OH)
F4xxDB3 (OH, Low)
F4xxBF4 (OH, OH)
Run, Throw.

These will all add 15% to the start of your next combo assuming you hit the opponent with both attacks.

IMPORTANT: Currently there is a bug where if you hit the opponent with an OH and the facehugger restands them it allows the opponent to block and stop your combo, this was discovered by ando1184 who made a video post here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/xl-konjurer-praetorian-alien-discussion-thread.58970/

For the meantime until NRS fixes this end with DB3.

From there follow up with a JIP into your BnB corner combo.

A full example will look this;

B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDB1 (31% + Setup) F4xxDB3, Facehugger Interrupts, JIP, B11U4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xxDF3 (43%) [74%] Meterless Punish Reset

If you decide to throw after the setup the same combo will total for 66%.

if you have some meter to spend why not push for 87%?

F134xx MB BF4, U3, NJP, F134xxDB1 (37% + setup) B3xxDB3, FH Interrupts, JIP, F23xx MB BF4, U3, NJP, U3, F134xx MB BF1, F23434xxDF3 (50%) [87%] 3 Bars.

Have fun.

These are a bit hard to land lol I think they are optimal though so really nice combos.

I've been using in the corner

b11up4, NJP, UP3, F134xxegg (28%) its easier for me and safe from anything in the game. I'm bad though

Also I can't get f134 to connect if I start with a face hugger.

Last edited: