What's new

Liu Kang Kombo Thread

Been asked about Air to Air follow-ups and didn't see mention of them here. This is what I've come up with. It's simple, so Im sure it's not new. Just posting it here:

AtAP, dash, F12, dash, F12, F12, F12, xxLow Fireball (21%, 10 Hits)
I would normally do air to air jump punch into b312 and then keep doing b312 until they drop out. I honestly don't know how many reps of b312 you can get, I'd have to check.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I couldnt get B312 to land after an AtAp consistently unless it was done at the very peak of a jump, but if that works, awesome. I dont main Liu. I'm working on my own comprehensive, community driven character guide and Air-to-Airs have been asked about a lot lately. Just what I came up with.

Does make me think that all of these OPs in the combo threads need updated ... seriously. Thanks. guys!

It's possible it only works at the peak of a jump. That's generally where I punch people air to air. I'll have to check if it works for a lower jump.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
I got a hint for you guys, at the end of a corner combo you end it with regular bicycle kick and you get 47% meterless combo. Try to see if you guys can figure it out!! :D I will post the strings tomorrow unless someone finds it out!

I got a hint for you guys, at the end of a corner combo you end it with regular bicycle kick and you get 47% meterless combo. Try to see if you guys can figure it out!! :D I will post the strings tomorrow unless someone finds it out!
It's tomorrow.

XBlades

alright heres the combo!!!
Jump in Punch, b+312, NJP, Dragon Stance 1, JIK Fireball, b+312, f+121 Bicycle kick!! good luck guys!!
47% corner combo

What are best Liu BnB ( most reliable and with good dmg output combos ) in situations like this

#1) After NJP
#2) After air to air
#3) After Antiair 2
#4) Midscreen/Corner X-ray Combo
#5) Best follow up after naked X-ray

Xblade what is dmg on combo that u posted?

EDIT. are there any good usage of dragonstance? Maybe some corner combos into dragon stance for 50/50 mixups?

XBlades

I use Dragon Stance for corner mixups, such as over head flip or dash cancel into b+312 or b+2,1 or b+2 or maybe even back dash to bait out the jumps and anti air...

As for your BnB's
#1: Use dragon stance 1 to pop him back up! and follow through with b+312
#2,3: start off with F+1,2... its easier and reliable and follow up with b+312
#4: you can use your xray to go through anything... and the range is really good... be careful though as the if you are too close you will whiff. You can always bully your way in with F+1,2 or b+31 or f+2 you have to adapt to the opponent since many mk competitors love to poke out. counter poking is one of lius great tool to utilize in your core gameplay.
#5:best follow up would be NJP Dragon Stance 1 b+312 f+2,4 into bicycle kick

Also Keep in mind whenever you fight character with a teleport or some sort of hang time on there jumps... you can use standing 1 to recover faster and follow up there bait.
Ex. Ermac jump in teleport, you do standing 1, by the time teleport comes around you can already block or duck.

Jump in Punch, b+312, NJP, Dragon Stance 1, JIK Fireball, b+312, f+121 Bicycle kick!! good luck guys!!
47% corner combo
I'm having trouble getting the f121 to combo into bicycle kicks. The bicycle kicks always seem to whiff. I tried just doing f12 xx bicycle kicks, but got the same result. Is there a trick to it?

XBlades

when you do the jump kick into fireball, you have get the b+312 and head level or chest and 1 frame into f+121 bicycle and you will get it

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
hey guys been trying midscreen b+312 3x,bicycle kick seeing how my opponent don't block low but keep dropping it....any pointers???

hey guys been trying midscreen b+312 3x,bicycle kick seeing how my opponent don't block low but keep dropping it....any pointers???
I wouldn't stress too much about dropping that since I'm pretty sure that combo is impossible. You can't go straight into the bicycle kicks, you gotta either do f24 xx bicycle kicks or b31 xx bicycle kicks.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
yea I was getting that idea from this video,but after further review he only does b+312 2x,b+4,bicycle kick or some different version of it in most of this combo video.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
47% corner combo
I got a 46%. Pretty much the same combo but it ends differently. After JIK Fireball, do b+312, b+312, b3 xx Low Fireball.

And my BnB is the standard b+312, b+312, b+312, f24 xx Bicycle Kick for 37% (40% with JIP).

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
47% corner combo
I think not including the Dragon Stance / 1 makes that combo easier to pull off for about 43%

A couple of BnB's I think weren't mentioned...
2, 1, 3 >> b3, 1, 2 >> b3, 1, 2 - b1 / Bicycle Kick = 35% midscreen
Dragon Stance / 1 - Dragon Stance / 1 >> b3, 1, 2 >> b3, 1, 2 >> b1/Bicycle Kick = 40% midscreen