What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

jkd626619mma

C88 Kajukenbo
Never played a good one. whats it like?
almost impossible he out pokes liu I had a sub literally mash d3 and I couldn't counterpoke he has 50 50 which can be made safe if there is a ice clone there and his over had has so much range if he runs for 2 secs then throw it hits and you cannot trade because he's sub lol he wins all trades and as you know you can throw a raw orb he can Ice clone it before you stop it AND ex slide through the pressure

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
almost impossible he out pokes liu I had a sub literally mash d3 and I couldn't counterpoke he has 50 50 which can be made safe if there is a ice clone there and his over had has so much range if he runs for 2 secs then throw it hits and you cannot trade because he's sub lol he wins all trades and as you know you can throw a raw orb he can Ice clone it before you stop it AND ex slide through the pressure
the one sub I did play I learned that I had to use light stance almost the entire game. Dark stance is not going to work. As for the counter poke game, his d1 is his only option in many situations. I'll have to mess with it

jkd626619mma

C88 Kajukenbo
the one sub I did play I learned that I had to use light stance almost the entire game. Dark stance is not going to work. As for the counter poke game, his d1 is his only option in many situations. I'll have to mess with it
I practiced against takeda and recorded him to mash d3 and there was nothing I could do about it. Plus the fact that liu really can't cross up into combo screws him over

FREEJ4Y

waiting for the balance patch
yo I use f21 to cancel into stance. his f21 makes ppl scared because you can stagger the last kick and keeps them blocking. for pressure I do f21 ex orb stop then either do it again or do f21 to see if they are expecting the orb. plus it hits mid so it DESTROYS wake ups unless they have armor.
I've been playing dragon flame for easy of use and damage right now. My execution is too sloppy right now to play Dualist.

I will definitely try to implement it next time i play.

Damicky

LameGame
So I don't know if this has been found but I got a 51% no meter with full chargeup. This is probably the easiest setup there is for it too. In the corner, no jump in, and off of his 1,1,3 overhead. The only thing that might vary is ~1% depending on your timing for the bicycle kick and how many actual kicks you can get in.

Without chargeup, the combo will do about 30% damage since he can't hit the second uppercut, so I wouldn't say it's best to this combo if you don't have a full charge since I think there are better combos out there.

kaseyk

Noob
Dualist is basically the best of both worlds from Flame Fist and Dragon's Fire. It has better fireballs and damage power ups from FF variation and BK from DF variation. It's really hard to say that his most advanced variation that gives him MUCH more tools in one variation is his worst one at this moment. Flame Fist losing BK is a huge blow to his combos and overall damage, which means he has to shorten them to go into Shaolin Flame. With Dualist you can have both and screen/knockdown control with orbs.
his damage is just as good in flame fist with a faster buff charge .
i use 113-b34-dd1 right into knockdown pressure if i want them close or 113-b333-dd1 right into zoning if i want them far and in most match ups full screen is a free buff dont forget the fireballs do alot more damge with that buff aswell .
my corner bnb in ff is 113-b34-f44-bp no meter and 113-b34-bf1ex-f213-bp buffed its 46% i think bp and parry are both great tools just have to hit confirm before you use bp .

don't know if you know this yet but omg sub is freaking retarded there is no hope for this match up in dualist
grandmaster sub you want to zone him . at full screen you can break clone and hit with second shot then recover in time to block ice ball . really enjoyed this mu feels very even .

in corner we can do our normal stuff , but his corner game and carry equal ours .
had a really long set in this mu last night against a really good sub , when cornered dont panic and be ready to tech throws because it pulls you into clone if you dont .
db2ex timed right or neutral jump counter seemed to work the best (be careful though because clone eats armor ) , and i had the least success in dark stance because you cant shut down his far clone work , it seemed worthless in this mu .
DF or FF i think are best choices for sub , but i just started messing with dualist so i may be messing things up . for sure i have room to improve on stance switching stuff .

jkd626619mma

C88 Kajukenbo
So I don't know if this has been found but I got a 51% no meter with full chargeup. This is probably the easiest setup there is for it too. In the corner, no jump in, and off of his 1,1,3 overhead. The only thing that might vary is ~1% depending on your timing for the bicycle kick and how many actual kicks you can get in.

Without chargeup, the combo will do about 30% damage since he can't hit the second uppercut, so I wouldn't say it's best to this combo if you don't have a full charge since I think there are better combos out there.

Yea I found that a couple days ago with us charge you can reach 40% mid range

jkd626619mma

C88 Kajukenbo
Oh and I don't wanna sound cocky but I would love to play all of you because I haven't fought a liu that's better than me yet lol and I'm really looking to learn some new stuff where I'm at right now with dualist is all set ups but I would drop a orb after I hit them then continue to pressure but the pressure puts them out of the range to be hit by the orb it's like if you're mid screen the only way to pressure with orb is to use ex or orb on knockdown

kaseyk

Noob
Oh and I don't wanna sound cocky but I would love to play all of you because I haven't fought a liu that's better than me yet lol and I'm really looking to learn some new stuff where I'm at right now with dualist is all set ups but I would drop a orb after I hit them then continue to pressure but the pressure puts them out of the range to be hit by the orb it's like if you're mid screen the only way to pressure with orb is to use ex or orb on knockdown
I was having same problem mid screen with dualist . Figure its just a good force to block and guess setup which to me is looking like the main goal in mkx all about setups and 50/50 pressure into medium dmg .
feeling like 25%ish consistent damage into setup is what I've been going for . In most matches if i get a knockdown and pressure going its over in literally 10 seconds and i won .

XAlcarazX

"Death will reveal the truth"
curbo is messing around with liu you should look for him. I haven't played a liu that uses dualist high lvl lol we should do a couple of matches. imo dragon flame is too good to pass up the true block string slipped under recent patch so theres still that

jkd626619mma

C88 Kajukenbo
curbo is messing around with liu you should look for him. I haven't played a liu that uses dualist high lvl lol we should do a couple of matches. imo dragon flame is too good to pass up the true block string slipped under recent patch so theres still that
Add me on ps4 C88_Kajukenbo

I can't fathom how the light form healing was passed as anywhere near usable. Did they think it did Cyborg any wonders in Injustice?

I hear you...it is so interesting to think about how people will react to orbs. on a knockdown they will want to move probably if they see a reg orb coming. So I'll do a reg orb and then a mb orb where they want to go or jump and BAM I get a full combo
You should make a video articulating tech for the Duelist variation. I'll go in the lab with it sometime this week and possibly might make my own but everyone should collaborate so we can have the best Liu's ever :D

Its a little better then cyborgs . You can run cancel out of it basically attack out of it . same goes for dark charge .
Im pretty sure you can't cancel the dark one, and if you can the ability doesn't build, has to be charged all at once

My immediate thoughts about Duelist with dark stance was that your could do some nasty block strings and use them like MMH did in IGAU. Ill be doing that as well as trying to find some broken shit too