What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

FREEJ4Y

waiting for the balance patch
113 B34 BK 112 Stance change gives you enough time to move afterwards and set up pressure on knockdown.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Some really nice dirt I just found and a few updates.

It seems you can dash out of the charge in dark stance only light.

d4 mb orb holy shit is awesome. Charge adds hella damage to everything and it awesome. Charge as often as you can.

Corner damage:
db3 full charge - Mb orb njp j3 b12 f213 BK = 50%

Mid screen he gets 40%ish too.

MB orb has the same effect as MMH orbs. Place a regular one out to bait movement and then put a mb one where they are going to go. Its fun.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I'm surprised at the lack of block stun the orbs have. I think his best block string to get orbs out is b34 as it has the most cancel advantage for a mb orb.

In the corner you can confirm his b34 into a combo in orb pressure which is sick as its 0 on block.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm surprised at the lack of block stun the orbs have. I think his best block string to get orbs out is b34 as it has the most cancel advantage for a mb orb.

In the corner you can confirm his b34 into a combo in orb pressure which is sick as its 0 on block.
I hear you...it is so interesting to think about how people will react to orbs. on a knockdown they will want to move probably if they see a reg orb coming. So I'll do a reg orb and then a mb orb where they want to go or jump and BAM I get a full combo

Train

Noob
Some really nice dirt I just found and a few updates.

It seems you can dash out of the charge in dark stance only light.

d4 mb orb holy shit is awesome. Charge adds hella damage to everything and it awesome. Charge as often as you can.

Corner damage:

MB orb has the same effect as MMH orbs. Place a regular one out to bait movement and then put a mb one where they are going to go. Its fun.
can u post some mid screen BnB plz

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I hear you...it is so interesting to think about how people will react to orbs. on a knockdown they will want to move probably if they see a reg orb coming. So I'll do a reg orb and then a mb orb where they want to go or jump and BAM I get a full combo
All they have to do it block though. He doesn't have high/low mixups apart from b2, and if they block an orb in the middle of a string they can backdash or armour before the next hit of the string lol. Maybe a well timed b2 will launch into an orb.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
All they have to do it block though. He doesn't have high/low mixups apart from b2, and if they block an orb in the middle of a string they can backdash or armour before the next hit of the string lol. Maybe a well timed b2 will launch into an orb.
I was thinking this too about b2 potentially launching. If they just block, then I'll keep pressuring and knocking them down. eventually they HAVE to move or attack so they don't lose. Thats kinda the point i'm thinking

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I was thinking this too about b2 potentially launching. If they just block, then I'll keep pressuring and knocking them down. eventually they HAVE to move or attack so they don't lose. Thats kinda the point i'm thinking
But he can't really get orbs out after a block string to continue pressure, and he has no plus strings, so they just have to block a string and orb and then they don't have to be scared. It looks that way so far anyway.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
But he can't really get orbs out after a block string to continue pressure, and he has no plus strings, so they just have to block a string and orb and then they don't have to be scared. It looks that way so far anyway.
D4 mb orb will always be effective and that will open up d4 Reg orb. But in general I think knockdown will be best time to place orbs to restrict movement.

FREEJ4Y

22 leaves them close
enough time to set up an orb

2B2
leaves them at jump distance
enough time to set up and orb

F213
cancelable
sends the opponent flying outside of jump distance.
F213 DB3 gives you enough time to charge for lvl2 before the wake up you can probably get lvl 3 against characters without teleports or fast fullscreen moves

Corner damage:

added d2 to your corner combo for 55%
trying to get a throw in there so you can keep the opponent in the corner, but i don't think it's possible
throw is 54% and leaves them in the corner

Edit:
corner stuff for ppl to work on
113 DD2 B1 combos!

last edit:
113 DD2 F44 BK F213 orb corner only

Last edited:

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
22 leaves them close

2B2

F213
cancelable
F213 DB3 gives you enough time to charge for lvl2 before the wake up you can probably get lvl 3 against characters without teleports or fast fullscreen moves

trying to get a throw in there so you can keep the opponent in the corner, but i don't think it's possible

Edit:
113 DD2 B1 combos!

last edit:

Ok, so the Black Firebomb won't hit until it explodes?

Like if the opponent runs into it early it won't blow.

if yes then........I've got my Variant

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
22 leaves them close

2B2

F213
cancelable

Edit:
113 DD2 B1 combos!

last edit:

Nice work. I wanted to post more combos and damage but i was going from memory cause I had to uninstall and reinstall...ugg

FREEJ4Y

Ok, so the Black Firebomb won't hit until it explodes?

Like if the opponent runs into it early it won't blow.

if yes then........I've got my Variant
it does not hit until it explodes.

the orb will sit there on a timer then blow up.

i'm liking the stance, but i like the flame fist BK mb combos.

this stance will probably be great against characters without teleport or weak wake up.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Hey can u guys confirm if 22 is cancelable to dark orb .. If it is.. Thats a nasty oki game.. Im at work rn lol

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
I've seen that some stuff connects with stance cancels (d,d+1) I'm trying to figure out if there are any lows that can be stance cancelled into combo strings that will just to get more damage in combos. From all the vids it seems like his lows only lead to standing combos outside of the corner.