What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea I know you can't cancel anything into orb stop. I was meaning that it would be awesome if they would allow us to do that. Like maybe in a new patch or something. And I didn't know about the orb stop short cut, I play with easy inputs off. Does it still work with easy inputs off?
It should

I have been wanting that buff for a long time...it would make dualist AWESOME!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Orbs when stopped should detonate on contact with the opponent. He should also be able to cancel into orb stop. When fully charged with dark matter it should no longer go away on hit or by opponents breaker. But as a downside to that he should take 2% more dmg than normal. Also each lvl of charged darkness should grant him health when switching back to light stance lvl 1~ 5% lvl 2 ~7% lvl 3~9%

Surferkidjared

I'm goin in!
I'm new to using lui Kang and I've been using dualist. When yall are talking about the f123 string what's so good about it? Is it the hit advantage for a safe red orb set up?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I'm new to using lui Kang and I've been using dualist. When yall are talking about the f123 string what's so good about it? Is it the hit advantage for a safe red orb set up?
Hi I'm new to. What I learned is f213 xx stance switch xx f123 is a true block string

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
F123 is a 6 frame starter and the string is safe at -4. It's his fastest string

Hi I'm new to. What I learned is f213 xx stance switch xx f123 is a true block string
You mean f213 I think

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
So what applications are you finding for f123 being a true blockstring now? Doesn't seem like it is cancelleable based on casuals last night. Just something to apply more pressure with...

The point of it is that it makes f213-SS a true block string. Because f213 SS into any other option (F4,S1,F2. Etc.) Is able to be armored out of or backdashed. But if you use f123 afterwards. They can't armor or back dash. So you can hit confirm into bicycle kick into more pressure and chip. Therefore you can condition them to respect it because they don't want to get looped in the pressure again. Also f123 knocks them full screen for corner carry, or a charge setup.

@KH_Seraph @AK L0rdoftheFLY @Surferkidjared @Just2Swift

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
It should

I have been wanting that buff for a long time...it would make dualist AWESOME!
I think that fix alone would at LEAST make him close to even if not better than the other versions of liu. If my suspicion of the recovery on orb stop is correct. Please NRS hear me out lol.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't understand. Even stopping an ex-Orb after a string, will just give your opponent time to block the Orb. This seems like a change that would actually do very little, am I missing something? Why would I ever want to cancel into Orb-stop

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
I don't understand. Even stopping an ex-Orb after a string, will just give your opponent time to block the Orb. This seems like a change that would actually do very little, am I missing something? Why would I ever want to cancel into Orb-stop
Orb stop is a move with little recovery, if my theory is correct canceling into it while orb is already out would give you frame advantage. Even in worst case scenario ( them blocking ex orb) you still get the mixup because while they are blocking the orb you get a chance at a mix up which is always good for you. My example of how this could be cool though is":throw low orb from safe distance( not necessarily ex) run up F213 on block ,cancel into orb stop for advantage, then use your advantage to force the mix up. If your mix up hits ,convert with orb for 34 percent no charge, or if mix up doesn't hit but orb does do 34 percent, if not they have to block orb and you get another chance at mix up. This is just theory fighter though, the more options you have usually the better

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
my thought is this:

canceling into orb then orb cancel instantly only lets a mix up happen right in front of you.

What if I could cancel into orb, continue a block string while the orb is behind you traveling slowly, and then stop the orb so the spacing would let me do something like this.

on hit: f44 BK orb (let it travel), f213 orb stop, f213 BK (orb finally explodes)

Orb stop would work similar to FF dd1 buff and give him access to new block strings but you would have to have an orb out for it to work. It elevates his trap game significantly.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
You can connect an ex orb after F44 and it will combo, but this might just be while buffed with dark charge. Typical bnb after it though will do like 48%.

jordan ewell

BlakBoywonder
So against raiden I made him block a F213xxlow soul orb, and I made him reversal with ex shocker( the grab like move). Then I punished with 1,1,2, but the orb didn't combo. However after trying again And canceling the 1,1,2 into stance change the orb was able to combo. I wonder why that is

Last edited:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So I just started playing dualist about 20 minutes ago and found this

Would this be viable with level 3 yang in the corner?