What's new

General/Other - Dualist Liu Kang: Dualist General Discussion

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
maybe its just online but why the hell does every liu kang manage to poke me before i poke them after i block a dragon kick...like no you're negative....

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
maybe its just online but why the hell does every liu kang manage to poke me before i poke them after i block a dragon kick...like no you're negative....
so if you hit dfdfbbud1 it cancels frame advantage of a blocked dragon kick and does an instant d1. It also adds 44 frames to your block stun so your pretty much screwed.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Here I made a combo video that includes most damaging combos with usage of DD1 on hit I've managed to find. I think Dualist should take as much damage as possible and if DD1 can be comboed, then so be it and use it. Sometimes even additional 4% can win a match for you.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
You know what I think should be a mandatory buff for Dualist? Remove pushback from light EX ball on block and made it penetrate through all projectiles, so you can throw it from full screen and made you way clost to the opponent where Liu Kang's game is the strongest. Giving the amount of start up EX light ball has, I say it would be a fair buff.

Anyone noticed that if you try to grab an opponent like the same frame or time the orb explodes(when the orb is on the opponent). Liu doesn't grab, it kinda whiffs. I need to get that exact frame. Is there a way to escape the whiff?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Anyone noticed that if you try to grab an opponent like the same frame or time the orb explodes(when the orb is on the opponent). Liu doesn't grab, it kinda whiffs. I need to get that exact frame. Is there a way to escape the whiff?
You can not grab an opponent who is still in block stun. You have to wait a few frames to grab them.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The thing is, Dualist is far and wide my favorite and most interesting character to play...But his current state honestly just turns me off from the game. Other than Goro, he probably has the most 7-3/8-2 matchups in the game which is depressing.

You can also grab more quickly
I was trying to create a replica of @AK L0rdoftheFLY 's unblock-able orb setup for Dualist Liu. I would just explain my self here instead of making another video(maybe someone can perfect the idea). My idea was to make the orb inescapable after hard knockdown. I later discovered that Back 3 4 is an hard knockdown and can't be tech rolled after. Setup example - 11 - stance switch - 113 - back 3 4 - ex ORD - grab(L1 / Lb) [takes about 49 percent if opponent doesn't block on wake up]. No matter what the your opponent does you will still hit them. The Orb + Grab even stops reptiles 6 frame slippery slide. You can't back-dash or jump, you will get hit. If you block low or high, you will be grabbed. If you duck, the Orb hits. The only way to escape is to "delay you wake up" and mess up Liu's timing. Everyone should look into this.

Thanks for reading(lol);

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
The thing is, Dualist is far and wide my favorite and most interesting character to play...But his current state honestly just turns me off from the game. Other than Goro, he probably has the most 7-3/8-2 matchups in the game which is depressing.
IDK about that, his playstyle is just different from the rest of the cast. I think when he'll start to shine when character specific Dark orb setups start popping up. He still needs Bicycle Kick MB though, right now his best way to do damage is off of a string that hits high twice and has a gap.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
IDK about that, his playstyle is just different from the rest of the cast. I think when he'll start to shine when character specific Dark orb setups start popping up. He still needs Bicycle Kick MB though, right now his best way to do damage is off of a string that hits high twice and has a gap.
I'm gonna post some of my character specific setup videos soon.

I have a godlike one for Raiden and one for kenshi...the swag is unspeakable

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
40-41% wall combos WITHOUT buffs:

Inputs:

1) jump in +2, b34, ex-bf1, b12, 112, fbf4, L1 - 40%;
2) jump in +2, f213, ex-bf1, 1, f213, fbf4, d2 - 41%;
3) jump in +2, b33, ex-bf1, b12, 112, fbf4, d2 - 41%.