What's new

List of Locations for UMK3 and other MK Arcade Machines

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
The map was started and has a few locations, it's not a main priority right now but I think it'll eventually happen. Something with a date system too, as in, last verified.
Well, if there is anythin I can doto help with this list, please let me know. I'd love to do something for this site that has given me so much. (sorry for the cheese, but I love this kommunity!!!!)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We definitely have a handful of programmers on the site now, maybe some more people interested in helping out Dreemer, I can't program, I can only tweak.

McCarron

Noob
I have one cabinet, a MK2 dedicated. But I wired up a switch to switch between different games. They are kinda just sitting in there right now, I need to actually build a shelf system of some kind still.

As far as the map, I'd be up for doing it. I do PHP/HTML/etc, but I'm working on a game or two for the iPhone right now, like iBlackjack. That's my main priority, but I think it's a great idea that can be filtered out to more than just MK. All arcade games are coveted by some people.

Tim, As far as The Grid, this was my old location list I ran for the game 7 years ago. Check the ones near you and let me know. :)
http://www.trmk.org/games/thegrid/locals.html

Tim Static

Adminerator
McCarron said:
I have one cabinet, a MK2 dedicated. But I wired up a switch to switch between different games. They are kinda just sitting in there right now, I need to actually build a shelf system of some kind still.

As far as the map, I'd be up for doing it. I do PHP/HTML/etc, but I'm working on a game or two for the iPhone right now, like iBlackjack. That's my main priority, but I think it's a great idea that can be filtered out to more than just MK. All arcade games are coveted by some people.

Tim, As far as The Grid, this was my old location list I ran for the game 7 years ago. Check the ones near you and let me know. :)
http://www.trmk.org/games/thegrid/locals.html[/url]

Hmmm....When you build that shelf, build 2! I need one too, lol.

And that link isnt working :(

I need to just eventually buy a Grid cab.

McCarron

Noob
Tim Static said:
McCarron said:

http://www.trmk.org/games/thegrid/locals.html[/url]

Hmmm....When you build that shelf, build 2! I need one too, lol.

And that link isnt working :(

I need to just eventually buy a Grid cab.
You would need a new cabinet for The Grid, since it's "Medium Resolution" where MK1-4 are "Standard Resolution." Unless you got a newer monitor that can auto switch between display types.

My current monitor has some burn in, and I may replace it with an auto-switcher or maybe an LCD auto-switching monitor to drop the weight of the cabinet. I'd want to see how they looked first.

But it's VERY hard to find just a board for The Grid. It's easier to find a whole Cabinet, but even that is hard.

I also fixed the link. BBcode messup on my part.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I only found one cab for The Grid on eBay, and of course its $1500 :x

But its only an hour away from me!!!

Holy shit....can I borrow $1500 somebody? Please? I'll let you play on the cab!!!

McCarron

Noob
Tim Static said:

Holy shit....can I borrow $1500 somebody? Please? I'll let you play on the cab!!!
I know places in NY that have it for less, but that's a farther trip. I think a flea market wanted to get rid of them for $400-500 each. They had 3 of them too.

If I didn't know more were out there to be had, I'd snag the one near you and have it delivered here. OH isn't THAT far. 5 hours to Cincinatti, I did that there and back for the last regular season Cubs game of the year this year.

Tim Static

Adminerator
McCarron said:
Tim Static said:

I know places in NY that have it for less, but that's a farther trip. I think a flea market wanted to get rid of them for $400-500 each. They had 3 of them too.

If I didn't know more were out there to be had, I'd snag the one near you and have it delivered here. OH isn't THAT far. 5 hours to Cincinatti, I did that there and back for the last regular season Cubs game of the year this year.
Holy burritos Batman! $400-500 EACH? 3-player Grid for $1500....wowsers dude. Talk about temptation! I'd be calling my bank ina heartbeat! lol

Marion Oh (where the auction store is at) is about 60 minutes from Columbus (where I be :wink: ) but thats alot of $$$ for ONE cab.

Tim Static said:
McCarron said:
Tim Static said:

Holy burritos Batman! $400-500 EACH? 3-player Grid for $1500....wowsers dude. Talk about temptation! I'd be calling my bank ina heartbeat! lol

Marion Oh (where the auction store is at) is about 60 minutes from Columbus (where I be :wink: ) but thats alot of $$$ for ONE cab.

man i would kill to have a mk machine like you owell i guess it is mame all the way!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I AM THE ONE said:
Tim Static said:
McCarron said:
Tim Static said:

man i would kill to have a mk machine like you owell i guess it is mame all the way!
eBay!!!! Mine only cost $600, and I put about another $100 into it to replace buttons, artwork, etc.

I know thats not CHEAP, but its not alot of money if you see how much you COULD put into it...

But if you interested in grtting one, let me know. I can help if you need 8)

Tim Static said:
I AM THE ONE said:
Tim Static said:
McCarron said:
Tim Static said:

eBay!!!! Mine only cost $600, and I put about another $100 into it to replace buttons, artwork, etc.

I know thats not CHEAP, but its not alot of money if you see how much you COULD put into it...

But if you interested in grtting one, let me know. I can help if you need 8)

really.............that would be cool.

you must have connections or no where to look

i have buttons and replacement parts for arcade sticks so i am covered there :D

i have to go to sleep now damn job :(

McCarron

Noob
HappControls.com is the best for replacement parts, they still make the exact parts you need for the MK games. Nice thing for me is that I can just drive over and get parts, they are only 10 minutes from my office.

Funny note, I actually did some web-design work for them early on in 98 for the summer. Too bad I didn't stick with them somehow and score some mega discounts on parts.

I got my cabinet with UMK3 for $350. I also put about $100 worth of parts into it. New red trim, new buttons, new sticks, new light ballast. Then I put a bunch more in for a Mutli-Jamma (http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html) and to buy more boards.

Now to just build a proper shelving system to easily manage cables as well. That's why I never finished, got stumped on how to do it right.

Kaiba

Noob
Update on the UMK3 machine in Dallas- the sticks suck now. P1 can't jump diagonaly to the right and P2 has issues with going to the right and sometimes left.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Location: Kwik Trip/Hearty Platter 24-hour gas station/restaurant on I-94 about 40 miles west of Eau Claire, WI.

Stopped here to use a gift card I got for Christmas for some gas on the way back from the Wild game last night and noticed a glow from the window in the hallway that connects the restaurant and gas station. I looked closer and I saw Scorpion's bio screen! Ran in to check out the condition of the cabinet, and it was what I expected it to be; an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 machine. It seems to be a Midway MK2 unit that was converted/upgraded since the MK2 sideart is present. The controls works and the monitor is great, but the control panel and the cabinet need some cleaning and a scrub down (it's a big trucker gas station, as well, so there is a lot of dirt around). The red t-molding also has some cigarette burns in it LOL.

iammud

Noob
stop buying public umk3 machines! every time I find a umk3 machine someplace someone buys it and I have no place to fight publicly.

I'm considering building a umk3 cabinet and putting it in my favorite bar on freeplay just so I can have someplace public to fight people at and possibly grow some more attraction towards the game. kaillera, xbla, or ds are fine and all but there's nothing like 1v1 on the actual wolfunit.

As for the grid I just found an bowling alley here with 6 grid machines in it! I'm considering propositioning the guy with an offer to fix his games and in return get grid turned on freeplay and maybe some free beer. That game is deathmatch at its finest. Terrible single player though.

Vert

Noob
If you're planning long distance trip...go to Tunisia!
Hotel Skannes El Hanna, near Sousse and yes, they have UMK3 cabinet!
I was there a few months ago. The cabinet is in very good condition but unfortunately...they didn't know why the coin slot doesn't accept any kind of coins :shock:

I should really check my local arcades in Montreal. I haven't been to an arcade in years! lol gosh I hope there's still a umk machine somewhere near here..

theres a umk3 machine at the riverside bowling alley in janesville, wisconsin i didnt get a chance to play it cause there was a million kids around it on a friday night lol