What's new

Lets talk future of injustice

DeftMonk

Noob
I really hope sometime sooner than later NRS stops putting these single player modes with wacky ass modifiers as the main single player experience. Single player grind is fine for a fighting game I think assuming that while playing this mode, it helps you build skills you can use in multiplayer. Not this mk11 garbage where some fights arent even winnable unless you use x potion and hire 3 dudes to fight for you while you are getting frozen repeatedly (gauntlet). I really like the mk11 meter building system where you dont get rewarded meter for just spamming projectiles and slowing the pace of a match. I hope if there is an injustice 3 this gets carried over. And lastly, why in the shit do they continue to waste production time making moves that only exist in fuck-around online mode and the aforementioned garbage ass single player game? I get it that casuals like to fuck around with these moves. but why can't they think of a more flushed out system everyone can enjoy? When I got injustice 2 and mk11 then saw all those moves and the variety I was a little bit overwhelmed with the amount of stuff MU-wise I would need to lab with so many possibilities. Then later I found out oh, this is just a bunch of crap that I am never ever going to get mess with and enjoy.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Truthfully? I’d love for them to sack off Injustice for good. Focus on MK and the Marvel vs DC game Boon was hush hush about (or was it a pure Marvel fighter, either way).

Unpopular opinion and it won’t ever happen, but meh.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Don’t make the game an overbalanced mess (especially with certain characters simply being a jumble of contrived ideas and having no depth). Give the game some more love. And for the love of god, don’t let the game die and have several unresolved issues left alone.

It was annoying as shit and it made me hate injustice 2 as a result.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I thought Injustice 2 was great, the main thing I'd like to see for Injustice 3 is better presentation. I just want that fun, over the top, hopeful, optimistic feelings theme, and less of the DC Murderverse feeling.

I wonder what it would be like if they changed up how they did the trait system slightly, so that instead of just hitting the button once to activate a trait it worked more like a trait attack button system. You could still tie it to a meter or resource of some kind, but maybe it could give access to different attacks moves that could open up more combo paths, juggles, juggle extensions, or whatever. Some way to make it more of a creative combo system.

I think the big thing with the game/franchise is letting people really feel like they're playing as unique super powered beings. Injustice 2's presentation failed a bit on that, too much of the punch/kick animations came off feeling overly generic.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think the big thing with the game/franchise is letting people really feel like they're playing as unique super powered beings. Injustice 2's presentation failed a bit on that, too much of the punch/kick animations came off feeling overly generic.
Wouldn’t you say the old traits actually do serve this purpose, though? It seems like if you basically changed them to be combo extenders/extra juggles etc., they’d feel a lot less like the superpowers that they currently are.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Wouldn’t you say the old traits actually do serve this purpose, though? It seems like if you basically changed them to be combo extenders/extra juggles etc., they’d feel a lot less like the superpowers that they currently are.
You're probably right. I was thinking of it being more like how BlazBlue does their Drive attack system. Or I thought Guilty Gear had a similar system. Something so that there'd be an extra set of attack buttons, instead of 3 attack buttons and a trait button. Just to give people more strings/moves to be able to lab/experiment with. That way maybe people could ideally find more variety in their character.

For example, instead of a trait like Superman where he just gets a temporary buff, what if he had a number of attacks using his 4 button that were able to showcase his super powers in some way? Just spitballing.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
You're probably right. I was thinking of it being more like how BlazBlue does their Drive attack system. Or I thought Guilty Gear had a similar system. Something so that there'd be an extra set of attack buttons, instead of 3 attack buttons and a trait button. Just to give people more strings/moves to be able to lab/experiment with. That way maybe people could ideally find more variety in their character.

For example, instead of a trait like Superman where he just gets a temporary buff, what if he had a number of attacks using his 4 button that were able to showcase his super powers in some way? Just spitballing.
Do you mean characters like Zatanna and Raven, who got new/enhanced moves with trait? Or more like Green Arrow, who uses his trait as an additional attack button?

Might be controversial, but in my opinion NRS should do a DC fighter under a new label. Maybe a tag/team fighter, would be a nice way to differentiate from MK. Injustice's story is just so hopelessly convoluted at this point, as well as needlessly dark/brutal, that they would need a soft story reboot anyway. I'm pretty sure Superman fans are kinda tired of begrudgingly buying a game wherein one of fiction's most pure and untarnished symbols of hope is portrayed as fanatical psychopath.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
Just like how MK11 is a 180 to MKX I'm 10000% sure NRS will do the same thing to it's future projects!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i say keep the strong zoning, i liked it and it was a breath of fresh air after seeing how rushdown heavy mkx was. So don't get rid of that.

i really like the air escape and roll system, they should keep that or some variant of it. Keep the pushblock defensive option, etc.

the neutral game was pretty decent in injustice 2 but they should keep improving on it.

rework characters like the flash so they're not so over reliant on 50/50's into huge damage, no one likes that.

tbh i still like injustice 2 a bit better than mk11.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Seeing how they've done a fighting game with the DC universe, I wanna see how they'd do a fighting game with the TMNT universe. They were DLC characters in Injustice 2, it can be done.

i say keep the strong zoning, i liked it and it was a breath of fresh air after seeing how rushdown heavy mkx was. So don't get rid of that.

i really like the air escape and roll system, they should keep that or some variant of it. Keep the pushblock defensive option, etc.

the neutral game was pretty decent in injustice 2 but they should keep improving on it.

rework characters like the flash so they're not so over reliant on 50/50's into huge damage, no one likes that.

criquets

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Do you mean characters like Zatanna and Raven, who got new/enhanced moves with trait? Or more like Green Arrow, who uses his trait as an additional attack button?
I was thinking more like Green Arrow, but instead of just one extra attack it could be 3-4 extra attacks, such as F4, B4, D4, or just 4. That way there'd be more attacks to use in combos/strings/juggles. Like imagine if Cyborg could still use something like 4 to call a drone, but then something like F4 or B4 would be some kind of powered up attack such as a punch/kick/knee utilizing his robo powers. Or a boom tube teleport, or something else related to his powers.

Either way I still really like the trait system as is, I was just trying to think a bit outside the box on how to expand it. To me Trait is what really helps characters feel unique or super powered, and I feel like some characters were a little more boring if all their trait did was give them a temporary power boost like Cheetah or an extra Combo like Cat Woman. I liked characters that got additional moves.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

If TYM keeps feeling so negative on MK11, I might go back to Injustice 2, since I know I really like it. Seeing all the negative talk about MK11 just bums me out, and I'd rather just have fun.

Skedar70

Noob
Injustice 3? Calm down with all the ZONING!!! It doesn't take skill so cut the crap. They ended up deleting Deadshot from inj 2 because he was designed as a "zoner" and they could never fix him. I saw a fraudulent scrub with like a 2500 - 500 win ratio because he was "zoning" with Dr fate. Remember the 5 deadshots in top 8?

Almost every character in that game was a zoner. I was zoned by Batman, Green lantern, green arrow, beetle, harley, firestorm, Ivy, superman... you name it they had something to throw at me. I spend probably years of my life walking and ducking.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I think they should just try to get a good balance between the zoning and rundown and it would be great. I would say good examples imo are Cyborg and maybe Solomon Grundy?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I thought the zoning was fine. Maybe just make the stages a bit smaller and change the meter build on chip a bit.