What's new

Lets talk future of injustice

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Idk about you guys, but the injustice comic series is AMAZING so I hope it sticks around.

As for the game, it's quite simple really, give joker a useful trait.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
One thing I wouldn't mind is if they take their time and stop forcing themselves to stick to the normal "New NRS game every 2 years" schedule. Some of that might be out of their control with how WB wants things done from a sales/revenue/budget perspective. But it would be nice to have a game come out and not feel rushed.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
there will be another injustice ? heard that their contract with WB was for 3 games only, so, they did MK vs DC, IGAU and Injustice 2, and , that's it .... :p

I hope for new IP, indeed .... that master of universe ideia , or a TMNT fighting games, would be way better than a new injustice, hehe :joker:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Honestly over Injustice franchise to keep it all the way live. HOWEVER, i would LOVE to FINALLY see Marvel Vs DC. That will literally bring the FGC together and its something im pretty sure everybody would love to see too.
If they did that, imma have to say see you guys later... I'm switching sides. Marvel has Iron Man. Thus it's cooler by default. I'd be all about some Iron Man customization like INJ2's system.

If, however, a Marvel vs DC was in that cartoony garbage looking 1994 style graphics, I wouldn't touch it. NRS games look how modern fighting games should look imo.

As for the OP, Injustice 3? meh. Probably would get it and play for a month or 2 and then drop it like I did all the other ones.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If they did that, imma have to say see you guys later... I'm switching sides. Marvel has Iron Man. Thus it's cooler by default. I'd be all about some Iron Man customization like INJ2's system.

If, however, a Marvel vs DC was in that cartoony garbage looking 1994 style graphics, I wouldn't touch it. NRS games look how modern fighting games should look imo.

As for the OP, Injustice 3? meh. Probably would get it and play for a month or 2 and then drop it like I did all the other ones.

If they had Blade, I'd be down.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

Ummm you would still be part of the loop tho. Im sure they will modernize each character to make it look realistic by taking aspects from MK11 models. But Injustice 3? THATS when ill see you guys later....

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd probably be down to play sometime. I played Cyborg, but was in the process of learning Black Canary and Cheetah.

To be honest Injustice 2 is still great and I'd love to see a resurgence. I feel bad about not entering for it at DTN now.

It feels like they had the gameplay just right by the end.

As for the zoning meta I think it's fine. I don't think NRS specifically made the game with the intention of rush down/zoning balance so much as the characters just play how you expect them to play. There's just no faithful recreation of Fate, Deadshot, Ivy, Cold etc that is going to want to brawl with you.

I view a Marvel vs DC game as somewhere in the realm of impossible. The last Marvel/DC crossover book was in 1996, more than 20 years ago, and a comic book requires much less oversight/IP protection than a large game project. The corporate landscape has changed, Disney is much less likely to work with Warner Bros. on a crossover of this scale.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Cause he got nerfed to the ground after that.
Even before that nerf though, he wasn't that big a deal, at least in terms of the competitive scene. At Combo Breaker 2017 there was 1 Deadshot in Top 8, and that was Sonic Fox, who didn't even use him exclusively. The only other person to use him in Top 16 was iLuusions. At CEO 2017 there was 1 Deadshot in Top 16. At Evo, there was 1 in top 16, not even top 8.

I'm not saying that he wasn't a good character, or didn't shine in some matchups, but this idea that Deadshot was dominating Top 8's at competitions is clearly false. Check out the results for yourself if you'd like: http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournaments/INJUSTICE2

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Injustice is a great series. I kinda miss some of the crazyness with the first game though (weird ass intractable setups, crazy oki cause of no delay WU).

IMO it needs:
• more color. Injustice 2 was a bit darker in tone. I prefer the more comic style approach.
• more creativity with traits. Bring back weapon swaps from 1. Hawkgirls flight. Sinestros orbs. I don't know they just felt more creative in 1.
• more/better trap and setup characters.
• less training wheel tools such as MB roll and air roll.

Skedar70

Noob
Even before that nerf though, he wasn't that big a deal, at least in terms of the competitive scene. At Combo Breaker 2017 there was 1 Deadshot in Top 8, and that was Sonic Fox, who didn't even use him exclusively. The only other person to use him in Top 16 was iLuusions. At CEO 2017 there was 1 Deadshot in Top 16. At Evo, there was 1 in top 16, not even top 8.

I'm not saying that he wasn't a good character, or didn't shine in some matchups, but this idea that Deadshot was dominating Top 8's at competitions is clearly false. Check out the results for yourself if you'd like: http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournaments/INJUSTICE2
I never said he was dominating. I'm just saying zoning in inj 2 was prevalent. It was constant and not only in tournaments. Casuals was plagued with zoning. The workflow was "Does your character outzone your opponents, yes? walk back and zone, No, try to get in while getting zoned".

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I liked MB roll, I thought having that movement option available was nice. It wasn't a get in free ability on zoners, but it could get you in on a read.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I hope they balance the game a little better. We all got used to it, but it is kind of ridiculous that characters like Superman and Batman had every tool in the book at their fingertips while other characters had massive obvious holes.

I'd also like to avoid another Deathstroke/Deadshot/Darkseid character. I know they were not massive problems at a competitive level, but they scared away casual players. Make strong zoners, just make them actually have to think about what they're doing.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I never said he was dominating. I'm just saying zoning in inj 2 was prevalent. It was constant and not only in tournaments. Casuals was plagued with zoning. The workflow was "Does your character outzone your opponents, yes? walk back and zone, No, try to get in while getting zoned".
What's wrong with zoning? Zoning has pretty much always been a part of fighting games. I think it adds a nice contrast between characters trying to get in and characters trying to keep the opponent out. Zoning is about playing full screen footsies, understanding trades, knowing how to suppress movement.

Can zoning be scrubby at a low level? Of course, but so can rushdown.

Skedar70

Noob
What's wrong with zoning? Zoning has pretty much always been a part of fighting games. I think it adds a nice contrast between characters trying to get in and characters trying to keep the opponent out. Zoning is about playing full screen footsies, understanding trades, knowing how to suppress movement.

Can zoning be scrubby at a low level? Of course, but so can rushdown.
I personally dislike it. I played characters without projectiles in inj 2 and I was zoned during my whole 3 years with the game. Every match I played started with the opponent jumping or walking back and starting to shoot projectiles. Any character did this (Batman, Superman, Beetle, Firestorm etc)

I disagree that zoning = footsies. Zoning is not neutral. Zoning gives meter advantage, chip and hit while risking mostly nothing. One player is attacking while the other can't do shit but walk and dodge. Once you get in you have to be careful because now your opponent has more meter than you and they can armor.

It doesn't require much skill all you need to do is learn your two shooting projectiles and then walk back and be a little cautious of when you throw them. Its not as complicated has the defenders say it is. As I mentioned initially a saw one dr fate with a nasty win/loss ration something like 3000/500. He was a complete scrub/fraud. After I beat him a noticed that the only reason why he had such a win/loss ratio was because traversing his zoning was kind of hard and most players couldn't. He wasn't skilled at all, It just required a lot more skill to dodge everything being thrown at you.

I have never seen so much zoning in a fighting game not even in sf. Tekken does well and zoning is pretty much non-existent in that game.

This thread is about inj 3 and what I want in inj 3 is for zoning to not be so ingrained in the meta. Don't put so many projectiles in the game.