What's new

Lets talk future of injustice

MURK

Noob
Any changes you want to see for the next injustice game (if there is one)?

Me personally, I think NRS should try bringing the variation system to next injustice. Injustice 2 died too fast imo and its partly from not being able to utilize the other moves for competitive play and I think adding variations could possibly keep it going longer.

Let's discuss scrubs!!! Your wish list for a next injustice game...

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
A bit early for discussion maybe? I don't know but either way.
JOHN CONSTANTINE JOHN CONSTANTINE
As for changes I think there should be a change to the regulars in the roster and we should see characters like JOHN CONSTANTINE.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I feel like if they want to make another superhero FG it should be Marvel vs DC, have the x-men in there that would be dope. But an entirely new thing would be sweet too.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Yea there's some stuff that could use changing. Let is be known I joined the NRS scene for IGAU and its still my favorite fighter ever, well maybe next to GGXX. When I heard it was in development I bought MK9 and started practicing just to get used to an NRS engine, and that was a damn fine experience which lead to a kick ass community.

-zoning is inherently built into the franchise and people (dumb people, zoning rules) don't like it
---make the characters not start at full screen after a clash and the end of a life bar
---consider having some smaller stages and some larger ones
---roll starts up way faster and has a few more recovery frames, let it work on a read and get punished on a read, it just needs to get you away from full screen, not into d1 range, it seems inspired by kof but doesn't work as well and thus doesn't help balance playstyles as well
-delayed wakeup should cost meter or something
---it's very powerful and helps everyone while only hurting mixup and rushdown characters
-make sure pushblock can be done anytime you're in blockstun
---there's tons of footage from even the 2nd year of injustice 2 where top level players can't get the timing right. I do like the forward input though, gives better counter play to it.
-interactables should come in more shapes and sizes
---stage knowledge being important is so cool to me, and we're still the only community that truly has unique stages
---there should be more than 2 types of characters as well, instead of just power and gadget
---also please don't make them auto-escape from corners, inj2 it was a bit too hard of a read to stop the corner escapes
---if they are infinite use then hopefully they recharge a lot slower or aren't as damaging and/or taking up space
-most f3 and b3 should have less range
---a plus on block armored launcher should be more situational, and probably easier to whiff punish
-no more "flying" characters
---the floating stance characters always high profile a bunch of critical moves and it's just a shame
-airdashes, where they at?
---it helps make the movement better
---cuts down on repetitive zoning
---they're freaking superheroes, almost everyone can fly or speed or teleport
---Blue Beetle was a prime example of a character with effective and interesting movement but you could keep him out as well
-bring back the d2 d2 quick rise knockdown
---makes the person getting combo'd pay better attention
---leads to unique setups and more dynamic matches

-more costumes, and less gear, I think MK11 got it right
---it's a big deal in the comics when someone changes costumes and all us nerds are here for it, not just a slightly different helmet or gloves
---igau had a bunch of comics costumes and I personally was missing those for the inj2 characters
-personally I would like equipped moves to be all in competitive or to not exist
---go big or go home

That's it for now, but I'll probably have more later. Good call from @MURK getting the discussion started early. If the cycle holds, these decisions are being made now, way before NRS announce the next game they make. If it's not Injustice 3 then hopefully they are still listening to the players about the pros and cons of injustice 2 and mk11 (which I think has mostly pros).

skahwt

Noob
Ed Boon said they had a three game contract with DC at Midway which was honored when they were bought out. We’ve had MKvsDC and two Injustice games. I hope they renew their contract as Injustice is my favorite fighter. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I know that this isn’t what people want to hear, but if they make a superhero game again I think it should play similarly to MKX or MK9. Superheroes doing long ass combos makes sense to me, and having crazy special moves and what not.

But to be honest, in regards to injustice, there was something about the second iteration that just feel.. weird? Like I can’t exactly explain it, but even the hype leading up to was lackluster (partly due to a large leak, and the roster not being the most exciting as a whole and the DLC showing Raiden). I hope that if they do decide to make Injustice, that they give it the MK11 approach of completely rebranding the game similar to how MKX or other combo heavy fighter games play.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I didnt play I1 and started instantly with I2. Compared to MKX, i preferred I2 because it wasnt a 50/50 galore and more characters were viable, the game was more colorful and i liked the combo system and everything. I really hope they make I3 but tone down zoning and focus more on neutral. :)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I miss Injustice 1 so much, minus some of its late-stage nonsense. However, Injustice 2 was a festering turd that can rot in hell. Almost all of the single-player and kustom nonsense people hate about MK11 got its start in Injustice 2. It was like a serial killer practicing on its first victim before really buckling down. I promise you this: If they do an Injustice 3, that shit is going to be Battlefront 2 levels of despicable. It’s going to be a fucking f2p mobile game with console-level gameplay and graphics. I wouldn’t be surprised if they let you watch ads to unlock whatever 10 shitty currencies they force down your throat.

Last edited:

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
For me the big annoyance with injustice is the clash system watching those same cut scenes twice every match was tedious. They ruin the flow of the game and forced me to spend meter I didn't want to spend.

The big problem in general is how safe they are forced to be with it. No blood, no finishers, no brutalities, etc. They have to have this weird sterility to the game to keep it "safe" for the DC characters. If DC wants NRS to make a fighting game with their characters then let them take some risks with the property or have a different studio do it.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I don’t know how likely it is, I thought I2 sold well but it didn’t live long, like at all. I think that making it a legacy game actually hurt it more than helped it.

gitblame

Noob
No custom moves. No variations. This does not work. I would get rid of them from MK if I could.

But about Injustice.
The only thing I really want from next DC related installment is that we have really good roster and characters that are heavily inspired from their comic book counterparts through looks and moves.

Injustice 2 for me was the best NRS game to this day. What I really disliked about Injustice 2 and I think it really hurt the game in a long run was:

Custom moves and gear related stats. The only thing it did was separating playerbases. When you played "kasual mode" it was just too heavily focused on grind. When you played competetive mode you felt like there is ton of content hidden from you.
No more custom moves you have to equip or unlock. No more variations. Give us complete characters for us.

Roster was pretty meh. It really hasn't appealed into DC fans and into core Injustice 1 fans. Injustice 1 did great job with such characters like Salomon Grundy and Doomsday making them alive in fighting game. Getting rid of them to bring some 2nd rate characters like Firestorm or Cheetah and miss a chance to bring requested fan favorites like Constantine or Beast Boy was a huge miss.

They focused too much on making characters some fighting games archetypes instead of making them feel like their comicbook counterparts. For example - they did a great job with Fate and Scarecrow. Every move Fate did was some kind magic spell. He just felt like powerful sorcerer he was in comics. The same with Scarecrow. They made him a monster and tones of his moves was based on his fear toxin.
But at the same time they made Starfire like they just wanted to make a zoner and it happened to have Starfire on the line. Same could be said about Cyborg. Green Lantern was a brawler and only few his core moves used his constructs.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
  • Hire a team to keep the game updated with seasons, even if MK12 is around.
  • Air combos
  • More melee oriented, less shoot em up ....

-A variation system like MKX
-Good variety roster
-Ditch the gear systems (inj2/mk11)

That would be my main things with it. Hope we get to see Injustice 3, But who knows if we ever will.