What's new

Question LBSH Are Kitana Players the biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

Are Kitana PLayers the Biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

• Yes

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • ummm Smoke Players?

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You have valid reasons but I think we're all forgetting that one of the main reasons Kenshi is EVEN look as a "top five" character is because of Pig. If it wasn't for Pig, no one would be looking at Kenshi as anything close to top five. Pig's placements and success mislead a lot of the newcomers into thinking Kenshi is way better than he really is.

Thank god someone has a brain!!!!

Seriously imagine if i didnt exist for one sec and think about kenshi tourney results

#GGs

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Neither of you guys use him so honestly how would you know?
Sure, a lot of it has to do with how amazing you are (and the beatdowns you've handed me). But name me 5 characters that not only win over a bunch of characters but dominate them as kenshi does?

Genuinely curious

Pig Of The Hut

Sure, a lot of it has to do with how amazing you are (and the beatdowns you've handed me). But name me 5 characters that not only win over a bunch of characters but dominate them as kenshi does?

Genuinely curious
Against the bottom 10-15 kenshi rapes but in tourney rarely Rarely do u see those

Kabal cyrax as well

Death

Noob

Seriously imagine if i didnt exist for one sec and think about kenshi tourney results

#GGs
I said he was fucked up long before you placed with him. If he was fun to use more top players would use him. That's the only reason why their aren't alot of kenshi players

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
So when we try to teach people how to beat Sonya with their respective characters, we're told to STFU and :xKartwheel.
Not to add to the fire...but while I disagree with some of Justice's statements in the thread, this is one I simply cannot argue with.

People draw easy conclusions about the character they direct their complaints towards. It doesn't apply just to Sonya. Because of all these downplaying and upplaying accusations flying around, nobody in this community will learn to evolve and manage their match-ups better. Yes, whether you believe it or not, even a character with godlike tools such as Sonya's can be defeated.

We have said this sooooooooooooooo many times by now, it should not bear repeating, but here it is: it comes down to the player, not just the character - and no, I am not saying that the character has nothing to do with it. I'm saying that it largely falls into the hands of the player to manage their tools and match-up knowledge effectively. If Kabal being defeated in tournaments during the rise of the era where he was/is hated the most wasn't proof enough, I don't know what is.

I have given up trying to educate people on how to handle Sonya. In fact, I've considered just dropping her simply because I'm tired of being seen as a player who has to use an "easy" character to win. The only reason I haven't is because ultimately, I just don't connect better with any other character. I put my heart into her since the game's release and I don't want to win with anyone else. At the same time, it saddens me that now that her full potential as a character is acknowledged, we Sonya players don't get any respect anymore. A blessing and a curse all in one.

I'm more than sure that other character communities (Kenshi and Kabal, for example) feel similarly to myself and other players who are in this situation. Yet...how many major wins do you see from either Kenshi or Sonya? And who is the only Kabal to have won tournaments, including some MLG events?

If your answers to the above questions are what I think they are, my point is made.

Pig Of The Hut

I said he was fucked up long before you placed with him. If he was fun to use more top players would use him. That's the only reason why their aren't alot of kenshi players
Seriously

If i didnt play him name this characters success

you have 3-4 sonyas in top 16 nec
0 kenshi

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Lol idk bro she's pretty bad. There's so many important punishes people miss thoe. Like when kitana does a 21 and the 1 whiffs due to spacing its so whiff punishable but people just stare at and the same with f21 :eek: my bro is gonna kill me for saying any of this D:

xKhaoTikx oops forgot to quote :p
Fight this kid and throw out a f21 from anywhere but in his face, tell me how it goes. Good spacing and counter-poking rapes this fine fine trollop. I only continue playing her for the side boobage. :p

D1~fake out can be interrupted, instant air ass can be stuffed and full comboed, b12 interrupted, 212 can be interrupted at a distance after 21, d1~counter poked into full pressure or combo punished on block with certain characters, fan lift is punishable, cutter shouldn't even be in a player's repetoire if they're playing a person with extensive kit experience. The list keeps on trucking. Kitana's best asset is that everyone is fighting her like it's Apr 19th 2011. :p

Then there's her laugh out laugh wakeup game. Lulz, yep top 5 mang.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Fight this kid and throw out a f21 from anywhere but in his face, tell me how it goes. Good spacing and counter-poking rapes this fine fine trollop. I only continue playing her for the side boobage. :p

D1~fake out can be interrupted, instant air ass cant be stuffed and full comboed, b12 interrupted, 212 can be interrupted at a distance after 21, d1~counter poked into full pressure or combo punished on block with certain characters, fan lift is punishable, cutter shouldn't even be in a player's repetoire if they're playing a person with extensive kit experience. The list keeps on trucking. Kitana's best asset is that everyone is fighting her like it's Apr 19th 2011. :p
Ill fight him and win. Loser has to make the winner cake

;_;

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
You going to Krayzie's this Monday? Lets do a first to 5 bake off between the two of you. I was in the zone the other day, felt like RG3, and I still went down 5-2. Though you do have "the scoop." :p

Sonya is number 2, nuff said, only loses 3 matchups, 6 4s plus everyone else. STOP DOWNPLAYING HER!!!!!
Bint has retarded recovery bruh. :confused:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Not to add to the fire...but while I disagree with some of Justice's statements in the thread, this is one I simply cannot argue with.

People draw easy conclusions about the character they direct their complaints towards. It doesn't apply just to Sonya. Because of all these downplaying and upplaying accusations flying around, nobody in this community will learn to evolve and manage their match-ups better. Yes, whether you believe it or not, even a character with godlike tools such as Sonya's can be defeated.

We have said this sooooooooooooooo many times by now, it should not bear repeating, but here it is: it comes down to the player, not just the character - and no, I am not saying that the character has nothing to do with it. I'm saying that it largely falls into the hands of the player to manage their tools and match-up knowledge effectively. If Kabal being defeated in tournaments during the rise of the era where he was/is hated the most wasn't proof enough, I don't know what is.

I have given up trying to educate people on how to handle Sonya. In fact, I've considered just dropping her simply because I'm tired of being seen as a player who has to use an "easy" character to win. The only reason I haven't is because ultimately, I just don't connect better with any other character. I put my heart into her since the game's release and I don't want to win with anyone else. At the same time, it saddens me that now that her full potential as a character is acknowledged, we Sonya players don't get any respect anymore. A blessing and a curse all in one.

I'm more than sure that other character communities (Kenshi and Kabal, for example) feel similarly to myself and other players who are in this situation. Yet...how many major wins do you see from either Kenshi or Sonya? And who is the only Kabal to have won tournaments, including some MLG events?

If your answers to the above questions are what I think they are, my point is made.

sorry way to long to read, very Altaire postish though ;)

kenshi isnt a complicaed character and his strategy is simple. but youre still going to have to outplay the opponent, the character doesnt make reads for you.

coolwhip

Noob

#GGs
I love you Pig, but you're agreeing with a post that says Kenshi isn't top 5? Yes, you're the only one doing really well with him, no doubt, and it speaks volumes as to how skilled you are. And yes, it does mean that Kenshi isn't "easy to win with" like many claim. He is however, without a doubt, top 5. By the same logic, how many players are consistently making top 8 with Sonya? Does that make her any less good?

People are creating a false dilemma with this "it's not the character, it's the player" or the "it's not the player, or the character" bullshit. A character can be extremely good, AND used by an extremely good player. And that is the case with you and Kenshi.

And yes, if you weren't winning with him, people might not be aware of how good he is, but that doesn't mean that he's not actually that good. It would have just meant that people don't realize how good he is.