What's new

Question LBSH Are Kitana Players the biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

Are Kitana PLayers the Biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

• Yes

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • ummm Smoke Players?

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Why is it that Kitana players constantly tell you guys exactly what you need to do to beat her, and only a few people actually do it and start to really understand what her weaknesses are? But then others keep doing the same shit over and over and then say she's OP and stuff.
A lot of people don't like being told what to do.

Also, a majority of the Kit community are looked down upon as "downplayers". Who would listen to them?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Why is it that Kitana players constantly tell you guys exactly what you need to do to beat her, and only a few people actually do it and start to really understand what her weaknesses are? But then others keep doing the same shit over and over and then say she's OP and stuff.
Just for the record, I don't like fighting Kitana, but I don't think she's OP. Just saying.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I love you Pig, but you're agreeing with a post that says Kenshi isn't top 5? Yes, you're the only one doing really well with him, no doubt, and it speaks volumes as to how skilled you are. And yes, it does mean that Kenshi isn't "easy to win with" like many claim. He is however, without a doubt, top 5. By the same logic, how many players are consistently making top 8 with Sonya? Does that make her any less good?

People are creating a false dilemma with this "it's not the character, it's the player" or the "it's not the player, or the character" bullshit. A character can be extremely good, AND used by an extremely good player. And that is the case with you and Kenshi.

And yes, if you weren't winning with him, people might not be aware of how good he is, but that doesn't mean that he's not actually that good. It would have just meant that people don't realize how good he is.
if i didnt exist in mk9 kenshi would have the following

1 top 8 at CW in a 16 man major by blackula
top 8 showing at ceo in 1 matchup by reo
awesome videos made by mayo no one watches cause idk
and many failed attempts by others to make top 16

Now guys, after this above WOULD ANY OF YOU PUT HIM TOP 5?

LEGEND

YES!

if you didn't play him his advantage MUs wouldn't seem that ridiculous and he'd probably be at the back end of top 10

yes i would

Pig Of The Hut

if you didn't play him his advantage MUs wouldn't seem that ridiculous and he'd probably be at the back end of top 10
This is why i Hate MU charts

Who out there in this world didnt play MK where we wouldnt really know how good a character could be or is but we just havent seen it because the right person hasnt touched the right character yet

Many come to mind

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Pig brings up an interesting point about Kenshi. The same logic can be applied to Maxter w/Cyrax. We hardly see anyone placing in top 8's with him but we all know how messed up he is because of the damage, I guess. Where would we have cyrax ranked without those performances? The same or lower?

coolwhip

Noob

We're discussing two different things:

I'm talking about Kenshi's abilities as a characters, and you are talking about what people have accomplished with him. If you didn't exist, maybe people wouldn't have put him in top 5, but only out of ignorance. In other terms, they wouldn't be putting him in the top 5 because they don't know much about the character. Judging by his TOOLS, he definitely is top 5, and it's not even debatable IMO.

And there's no point in speculating about an alternate universe where you don't exist. The fact is you DO exist (thankfully). So, knowing what you know about Kenshi (and LBSH nobody knows about the character more than you), would YOU really say he shouldn't be in the top 5?

Again, if you don't, then you shouldn't think Sonya is top 5 either (even though she obviously is) because she hasn't accomplished much outside of some top 8's.

Again Pig, you're the only Kenshi to have success because you're an awesome player. That however, doesn't negate the fact that Kenshi is ridiculously good, and DEFINITELY top 5.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

Just for the luls, here is Kenshi's matchup chart from before Pig Of The Hut picked him up (these are actual MU numbers):

Kabal 4-6
Sonya 6-4
Kung Lao 3-7
Johnny Cage 5-5
Kitana 6-4
Freddy 5-5
Smoke 5-5
Reptile 4-6
Raiden 4-6
Mileena 5-5
Ermac 6-4
Cyrax 4-6
Skarlet 6-4
Shang Tsung 5-5
Sektor 4-6
Liu Kang 5-5
Rain 4-6
Sub Zero 5-5
Cyber Sub Zero 4-6
Jax 4-6
Nightwolf 3-7
Sindel 6-4
Noob Saibot 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
Quan Chi 5-5
Stryker 6-4
Baraka 6-4
Kano 5-5
Jade 6-4
Sheeva 6-4

characters appearing often in top 8 is a flawed logic. subzero might have been in top 8 more than sonya, smoke, sektor, freddy, skarlet if you think about it. nobody believes subzero is top 15 or better than any of these characters.

people should start to look at tools only versus the whole cast.

coolwhip

Noob
Pig brings up an interesting point about Kenshi. The same logic can be applied to Maxter w/Cyrax. We hardly see anyone placing in top 8's with him but we all know how messed up he is because of the damage, I guess. Where would we have cyrax ranked without those performances? The same or lower?
But we can apply that logic to most characters and then we'll end up with the conclusion that all the characters suck, since if the best player with said character didn't exist, he wouldn't have accomplished much, and therefore, would be lower on the tier list.

pherleece

Woolay
This is not about gr8. I will never understand why the community hates when people give other players props that they don't agree with. Gr8 had nothing to do with the original point so please don't turn this into a thing about that.

Here is my take on kitty. What matches are truly unwinnable for her? I think she is a character that if we counted .5s would have a hell of a lot of 4.5-5.5's then 4-6's.
i havent read the next 11 pages but i do have to say is that you set it up someone to make a comment like BillStickers did. no one is saying gr8one06 sucks or anything like that... its just your posting this on this site where MOST people have never seen gr8one play offline. when you wanna say kitana is top 10 you have to base it off offline performance and there is no question that GGA 16 Bit, CRAZY DOMINICAN, and xKhaoTikx have had many offline appearances to back up the statement if kit is top 10 or not. its cool you wanna give gr8one06 props and yes you could of even added him in there with everyone else but you left out players which most people reading this can relate to. its like starting on the wrong foot.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Pig, stop coming into threads and talking about tournament results every time someone talks about Kenshi. You only hold back the community by associating tournament results with tier lists.

Look at the skarlet community, she has never broken a top 8 yet most consider her top 10. Her placement is questionable but they at least make arguments regarding how good her tools are. There is no way you really think Kenshi would be considered bad if he was in no top 8s. Tournament results don't change what tools a character has.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I am not a Kitty downplayer... I think she is 100% in the top 10.

But I have to agree with REO in that the Sonya community are the biggest downplayers.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
i havent read the next 11 pages but i do have to say is that you set it up someone to make a comment like BillStickers did. no one is saying gr8one06 sucks or anything like that... its just your posting this on this site where MOST people have never seen gr8one play offline. when you wanna say kitana is top 10 you have to base it off offline performance and there is no question that GGA 16 Bit, CRAZY DOMINICAN, and xKhaoTikx have had many offline appearances to back up the statement if kit is top 10 or not. its cool you wanna give gr8one06 props and yes you could of even added him in there with everyone else but you left out players which most people reading this can relate to. its like starting on the wrong foot.
Now what you are saying makes sense, except, it's my opinion. You cannot argue opinion. I never said those other players weren't good. If I did you would definitely have a valid concern. This topic was not about the best Kitana. That it not what we are debating. We go down a dangerous path when we start persecuting people for not including someone on lists.

Here is the sentence: Rushdown Kitty is god damn scary. Good Kittys like 16 Bits and Gr8's kitana make you constantly think twice about poking back, and she got some dirt with her b33 string that seems to stuff pokes.

I referenced two Kitana players that I played. I used an example that was both familiar to me and backed up my point. Is it truly necessary to write:

"Rushdown Kitty is god damn scary. Good Kittys like 16 Bits and Gr8's Kitana make you constantly think twice about poking back. CD Sr, Konqrr, Khaotix, Trepound, Vida, Jimmy Potato, Mr.Mileena,Revolver, Russel ...... all have good Kitanas as well. She has dirt with her b33 string that seems to stuff pokes." ?

This is obnoxious. Come on now.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Nobody should be afraid of Kitana from a distance... it's when she closes the gap or lands a cutter that she is most dangerous. I don't want that bitch anywhere near me unless I am the one attacking lol

Pig Of The Hut

Pig, stop coming into threads and talking about tournament results every time someone talks about Kenshi. You only hold back the community by associating tournament results with tier lists.

Look at the skarlet community, she has never broken a top 8 yet most consider her top 10. Her placement is questionable but they at least make arguments regarding how good her tools are. There is no way you really think Kenshi would be considered bad if he was in no top 8s. Tournament results don't change what tools a character has.
I agree especially w skarlet

It's just so hard to put her top 5 when no one has been successful w her

It's a weird fine line

Pig Of The Hut

Just for the luls, here is Kenshi's matchup chart from before Pig Of The Hut picked him up (these are actual MU numbers):

Kabal 4-6
Sonya 6-4
Kung Lao 3-7
Johnny Cage 5-5
Kitana 6-4
Freddy 5-5
Smoke 5-5
Reptile 4-6
Raiden 4-6
Mileena 5-5
Ermac 6-4
Cyrax 4-6