What's new

Question LBSH Are Kitana Players the biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

Are Kitana PLayers the Biggest Down Players in the Kommunity?

• Yes

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • ummm Smoke Players?

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am not here to start a flame war, but the Russian tier chart got me thinking...Why do Kitana players think their character is so bad? She has sick priority, excellent pokes, high damage, extremely good meaty's, otg's, air control etc. The only thing that really sucks about her is her wakeup game, but even there, she does have options (albeit shitty ones).

Rushdown Kitty is god damn scary. Good Kittys like 16 Bits andGr8's kitana make you constantly think twice about poking back, and she got some dirt with her b33 string that seems to stuff pokes. Her f21 is damn near safe due to the push back that it and d1 provides. Yes, Cutter can be blown up, but no one has consistently blown it up in tournament yet. Probably one of the best characters in the game for maintaining a life lead and keeping it.

She has losing matchups, there is no denying it, but I don't think she does TOO terrible against Kabal, and Kenshi is probably her hardest matchup. Who outside of that list gives her truly a rough time?
I think Kitana is definitely top 10, she is a solid SOLID character. One of the best footsie characters, one of the best punishing characters, one of the best keepaway characters. People who say she is not top 10 are crazy. Hell, I honestly think she is closer to top 5 than top 10...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I don't think they are, and I have no clue why Smoke is mentioned on there when pretty much everyone in the Smoke community thinks he is in the top 10 characters in the game.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I wouldn't say they're the biggest downplayers, although I do wish people would give Kitana more credit as a character than they currently do.

Eh, LBSH, every character community, my own included, has their fair share of downplaying no matter how good the character actually is.

biggest downplayers
#1 reptile(leaps and bounds beyond the rest people act like hes midtier)
#2 sonya
#3 smoke
#4 Kabal (he is the deus ex machina)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is not about gr8. I will never understand why the community hates when people give other players props that they don't agree with. Gr8 had nothing to do with the original point so please don't turn this into a thing about that.

Here is my take on kitty. What matches are truly unwinnable for her? I think she is a character that if we counted .5s would have a hell of a lot of 4.5-5.5's then 4-6's.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
BillStickthis post: 640040 said:
I mean competitively. Putting 16 Bit and Gr8one in the same sentence is an insult to 16 Bit.
I refuse to let this topic go where you are taking it. Your opinion is of equal value as my own and all else's. Let's leave it at that.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
In recent memory I have heard more people talk about how bad kit is but really, I just don't see it. A character with her assets in this game is surely top 7. Kabal, Kenshi, Sonya, Kung Lao, Freddy, Kitty, Cyrax.