What's new

Match-up Discussion Kung Lao Match-Up Chart December 2012

I'd give a slight advantage to KL against mileena. I don't totally disagree with 5-5, but I'd lean towards 6-4 for Lao.

I would also say Smoke is 5-5.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I'd give a slight advantage to KL against mileena. I don't totally disagree with 5-5, but I'd lean towards 6-4 for Lao.

considering Mileena is the only character that his low hat pressure is still valid against, plus the fact that he's much faster than her in general, i'd say its a 6-4 for kung lao.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Noob has a high hitbox and cant zone lao. Other than that Noob has ways to counter Laos shenanigans but he gets very little damage off of them so for Lao there's really no reason to stop doing them.
So, both characters are somewhat limited, the main problem is that Noob's damage is shit.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

considering Mileena is the only character that his low hat pressure is still valid against, plus the fact that he's much faster than her in general, i'd say its a 6-4 for kung lao.
To everyone that is saying that Kung Lao beats Mileena and it shouldn't be 5-5, I have my reasonings and I already explained them. But I will explain them one last time since you have to ask over and over and over.

Ok, I understand most Mileenas don't play the matchup right and you blow up most Mileenas with Kung Lao, OK I GOT IT. But tier lists aren't suppose to be based on random Mileena players, it's supposed to be based on the BEST MILEENA PLAYER and Mileena being played to the highest potential and best she could possibly be. Pig of the Hut is the best Mileena I have ever played and best Mileena I have ever seen, his Mileena goes 5-5 with my Kung Lao and goes 5-5 with Perfect Legends Kung Lao. Ok I understand I blow up random online Mileenas, cool. I'm talking about the best Mileena possible played to the highest possible level. So if any of you Kung Lao players think you can play Pig of the Huts Mileena 10 games straight and take more than 5 of those games, than come tell me.

Until than Kung Lao vs Mileena remains 5-5

ForeverKing

FOREVER KING, Ermac- KL is 5-5.

Fullscreen: Ermac wins (some say its even)
Midscreen: Ermac wins
Up close: KL wins.

Post edited.
I have played all the top Ermac players: Big D, Kfrog, Seven, etc. Based on experience I feel it is slightly in Kung Lao's favor, possibly 5.5-4.5 instead of 6-4. But I don't think it is 5-5

ForeverKing

Yeah he cant ex full screen because your recovery is too quick. If you dive kick over him cage cant really hit you because you go over him.
Curbo go somewhere lol. If anything it might be 5.5-4.5 Cage, but it still isn't 5-5 it has to be at least slightly in Cage's favor. When me and PL play he can beat my KL with Cage over and over and I can beat his KL with Cage over and over and over. It's not an even matchup, it feels like an obvious counterpick lol. When I played CDjr in tournament I counterpicked his KL with Cage, and I won. (I don't even use Cage! And he mains KL!) Dizzy beat PL and CDjr Cage vs Kung Lao

This is the way I see it, if a pocket character can beat somebody's main character, than it is an obvious counter-pick. If it was a 5-5 matchup than somebody should be able to use their main character to beat somebody else's pocket character in a 5-5 matchup. I feel like I could beat any Kung Lao main out there with Cage, even though I rarely use Cage ever. BECAUSE IT IS NOT 5-5

zaf

professor
How does Ermac win full screen?
By sitting at full screen and waiting.

Patience.

Why does someone need to be doing something full screen. Ermac can sit and wait.

FOREVER KING you have played them online. Who doesn't KL beat online...

You cant judge a mu online, when KL can abuse things and other things are hard to react to.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Teleport on hats. Easy. Plus if KL does a tp and Ermac guesses right. Bye bye 35% of KL's life.
Teleporting 'on reaction' with ermac never goes down to well.

And if Ermac is just chucking fireballs can KL just dive kick over them to get in and start pressuring ermac?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Teleporting 'on reaction' with ermac never goes down to well.

And if Ermac is just chucking fireballs can KL just dive kick over them to get in and start pressuring ermac?
TKP or dash block to bait divekicks. Also. What zaf said. Make KL come to you. When he is in, its kinda hard for Ermac. Until he reaches Ermac though... Thats another story.

Post edited.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I have played all the top Ermac players: Big D, Kfrog, Seven, etc. Based on experience I feel it is slightly in Kung Lao's favor, possibly 5.5-4.5 instead of 6-4. But I don't think it is 5-5
What makes you think its a 6-4 or .5 in KL's favor ? And dont post online facts plz. Offline only.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I've never had issues vs ermac with KL. it can be tough for ermac
Never said it couldnt. But still that doesnt make the MU 6-4 KL. Its an even MU in my book. You can shut down many of KL's options if you play the MU as you have to play it.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
So, both characters are somewhat limited, the main problem is that Noob's damage is shit.
Not really, noobs high hit box means he has to deal with all of Kung Laos pressure options. When I say noob has ways around kung laos shenanigans I mean he has to guess, its a guessing game thats heavily in Kung Laos favor.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
I either get blown up by kl or utterly destroy him with ermac, this is a hard match up to debate because ermac has arguably the best punishing tools in the game and kung has so many options.... all it takes is the slightest misconception of space on either side and the player wins. sometimes i beat kung lao by doing 31 and hold block, they always punish with spin on reaction. my point is that this match up is all about exploiting the player and not the character. if you look at it like this it can seem pretty even.

Cage has full advantage up close on Lao. Definately not even.
he has the advantage up close on every1, kung lao can lame really effectively and standing 2 outfootsies f3 and cage has to come to him, albeit he does have a low hitbox.

and i also believe that at the end of this game lifespan kenshi may be considered to be just 6-4

ForeverKing

By sitting at full screen and waiting.

Patience.

Why does someone need to be doing something full screen. Ermac can sit and wait.

FOREVER KING you have played them online. Who doesn't KL beat online...

You cant judge a mu online, when KL can abuse things and other things are hard to react to.
I played Ermacs offline as well, not only online. I played Kfrog and GGA Meoew offline and I don't think I lost a single match using Kung Lao. And KL isn't that ridiculous online people overexaggerate that up way too much. I blow Kung Laos' backs out online all day with Cyrax/Sonya/Cage/Kabal etc. I have beaten top Kung Laos online with Sheeva lol so let's not overhype "online Kung Lao" here