What's new

Match-up Discussion Kung Lao Match-Up Chart December 2012

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Me and Perfect Legend have been discussing this, and we are the probably the two individuals with the most tournament Kung Lao experience in this community. So with no bias or downplaying, here is your Kung Lao match-up chart as of today:

Kung Lao vs

Baraka 7-3
Cage 4-6
Cyber Sub 7-3
Cyrax 4-6 (Perfect Legend says this could be 3-7)
Ermac 6-4
Freddy 6-4
Jade 7-3
Jax 6-4
Kabal 4-6 (PL thinks this could be a 5-5)
Kano 7-3
Kenshi 7-3
Kitana 4-6
Liu Kang 6-4
Mileena 6-4
Nightwolf 6-4
Noob 7-3
Quan Chi 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Rain 7-3
Reptile 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Sektor 5-5
Shang Tsung 6-4
Sheeva 8-2
Sindel 7-3
Skarlet 5-5
Smoke 6-4
Sonya 5-5
Stryker 7-3
Sub Zero 6-4

Agree or disagree? You guys are than welcome to put your input on some of these matchups provided that you give viable information from your own experience. But DO NOT be matchup police and try to tell me who my own character can or cannot beat when you don't even use Kung Lao or the other character in the matchup. Discuss

Me and Perfect Legend have been discussing this, and we are the probably the two individuals with the most tournament Kung Lao experience in this community. So with no bias or downplaying, here is your Kung Lao match-up chart as of today:

Kung Lao vs

Baraka 7-3
Cage 4-6
Cyber Sub 7-3
Cyrax 4-6 (Perfec Legend says this could be 3-7)
Ermac 6-4
Freddy 6-4
Jade 7-3
Jax 6-4
Kabal 4-6 (PL thinks this could be a 5-5)
Kano 7-3
Kenshi 7-3
Kitana 4-6
Liu Kang 6-4
Mileena 5-5
Nightwolf 6-4
Noob 7-3
Quan Chi 6-4
Raiden 6-4
Rain 7-3
Reptile 6-4
Scorpion 6-4
Sektor 5-5
Shang Tsung 6-4
Sheeva 8-2
Sindel 7-3
Skarlet 5-5
Smoke 6-4
Sonya 5-5
Stryker 7-3
Sub Zero 6-4

Agree or disagree? You guys are than welcome to put your input on some of these matchups provided that you give viable information from your own experience. But DO NOT be matchup police and try to tell me who my own character can or cannot beat when you don't even use Kung Lao or the other character in the matchup. Discuss
I agree with this list for 90% and the rest of the 10% im not even sure about myself. why do you think lao wins 6-4? I feel it is a 5-5 but it is more in the direction of kung lao, if you had to pick a side.

Owerbart

I miss you
Agreed with Cage and Kabal. Pretty accurate overall.

But Ermac doesn't have any disadvantage against Lao. At least I don't feel it. Kung Lao's mobility is kinda diminished because EVERY teleport can get at least lifted for full combo. Ermac can zone with TKP confortably, and eventually Kung has to commit himself to get something going. This is not me, but I'm pretty much sure that the whole Ermac community sees it as 5-5 or even 6-4 Ermac.

Agreed with Cage and Kabal. Pretty accurate overall.

But Ermac doesn't have any disadvantage against Lao. At least I don't feel it. Kung Lao's mobility is kinda diminished because EVERY teleport can get at least lifted for full combo. Ermac can zone with TKP confortably, and eventually Kung has to commit himself to get something going. This is not me, but I'm pretty much sure that the whole Ermac community sees it as 5-5 or even 6-4 Ermac.
It might be even, but the 21/21212/24 stuff really harrasses ermac imo. kung lao should almost not teleport in this matchup.