What's new

Match-up Discussion Kung Lao Match-Up Chart December 2012

I don't understand why you think Kitana would be "chasing" Kung Lao. Kitana has hella fast dash and "getting in" for her means sweep distance. She gets in and starts playing her game on Lao whenever she wants.

If this MU is 5-5 because Lao can keep her out with d+4 then a lot of the typical Kitana MU numbers are way off because there's many characters with far better tools for that than Kung Lao. I'm cool with going down that road though, just means Kitana would drop way down on the tier list.

I already said...Carl and King are the best Lao's I've played. Neither are afraid to go nuts with spins, teleports and dive kicks. King at Frosty came the closest to beating me in tournament and he was taking risks frequently. You guys would have told him he was playing the MU wrong.
how useful is kl's 21 in this matchup in your opinion?

swiftNY2

Noob
I don't mean to but in. I use both Kung and kitana a lot. Kungs 2,1 is good for rush down and good for starting a damaging meterless combo if hit confirmed. But its not as easy to follow that up with good quick mix ups as it is with the princess when its blocked or whiffed. Also I believe his down 4 is easier punished by jip,s. Also her dash down 1 has more range and it's faster than his dash d4. And side note playing the patient Kung game just gives her time to
build meter.

I don't mean to but in. I use both Kung and kitana a lot. Kungs 2,1 is good for rush down and good for starting a damaging meterless combo if hit confirmed. But its not as easy to follow that up with good quick mix ups as it is with the princess when its blocked or whiffed. Also I believe his down 4 is easier punished by jip,s. Also her dash down 1 has more range and it's faster than his dash d4. And side note playing the patient Kung game just gives her time to
build meter.

Ive been playing kung lao for 1,5 years now and I have no idea how you guys manage to hitconfirm 21. I have to use 2121/24 to hitconfirm standing 2, 21 isnt working for me.

swiftNY2

Noob
Super hard. That's why it's so hard to do it like that. In a rush down style of play. 2121 I use regularly to hit confirm mu from there. Took like a month of practice. Only people I have a real problem beating is a really good kabal cyr
x kenshi. and cage. With high risk style play kung. The standing two just brakes strings well for me. With a a. Obviously very well.