What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

Tweedy

Noob
His lack of good pokes hurt the hell out of him given the rest of the casts pokes
For sure, I played a long set vs Dab's Jax, and sometimes you just have to spin to gain respect in the pocket lol.

Spin IS his fast poke. You have to risk it all. I mean it's fair because you are rewarded with what you risk, but man, I don't want to take that risk.

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
For sure, I played a long set vs Dab's Jax, and sometimes you just have to spin to gain respect in the pocket lol.

Spin IS his fast poke. You have to risk it all. I mean it's fair because you are rewarded with what you risk, but man, I don't want to take that risk.
I just dont think hes all that good anymore...i dont see what these guys r talking about on twitter...the universal jump attack nerf crushes him also...i cant even crossup 3 cassie anymore

Frizen

Noob
Did anyone else notice that hatspin, 44 is now a 3 frame link? Framedata says hatspin is +16 on hit and 4 is 14f.

P3irce

Noob
So where does lao rest in MKXL, been thinking of learning him for the fact he's a cool character but kept away due to everyone using him. Now it seems only a few are still using him so my interest has peaked

The Dragon Chief

#BuffKenshi2016
For all you Kung Lao players, I just want to let you know if you want everything you had before and more just play Cyber Sub or Johnny Cage.

myri

Time Warrior
This might have been answered elsewhere but what's the best combo damage wise you can get off a wakeup EX spin?

So where does lao rest in MKXL, been thinking of learning him for the fact he's a cool character but kept away due to everyone using him. Now it seems only a few are still using him so my interest has peaked
He isnt as good s he was before but he is still enjoyable and somewhat good.

Tweedy

Noob
Is there a bad character on this game? Not really, besides maybe a couple variations, so bottom 10 and bottom 5 does not matter.

Tweedy

Noob
so hows tempest lao doing these days?
I think his biggest problem is his walk speed. He has no real mix up, grabs and his plus frames got nerfed, so you want to open people up in the neutral with his mids. However, he has what is probably bottom 3 walk speed. His backdash is also pretty bad. Not the worst in the game, but bad.

He still has really high meterless damage and EX spin is one of the best moves in the game. Just sometimes I feel like I can never open anyone up, and despite all of the mids and good D4, being slower than Goro kind of holds him back lol.

Still a good character. Even if he's bottom 10 or whatever, he's still good. This isn't the Kenshi forums. :p

Edit: To expand, basically his mix up right now, is grab them on wake up, or go into your string. That's actually pretty good considering how much meterless damage he gets midscreen. He also has his orbiting hat that breaks armor on wake up.

So the character can still win. If he got his walk speed buffed to like, middle of the cast, he'd be dope imo.

myri

Time Warrior
I think his biggest problem is his walk speed. He has no real mix up, grabs and his plus frames got nerfed, so you want to open people up in the neutral with his mids. However, he has what is probably bottom 3 walk speed. His backdash is also pretty bad. Not the worst in the game, but bad.

He still has really high meterless damage and EX spin is one of the best moves in the game. Just sometimes I feel like I can never open anyone up, and despite all of the mids and good D4, being slower than Goro kind of holds him back lol.

Still a good character. Even if he's bottom 10 or whatever, he's still good. This isn't the Kenshi forums. :p

Edit: To expand, basically his mix up right now, is grab them on wake up, or go into your string. That's actually pretty good considering how much meterless damage he gets midscreen. He also has his orbiting hat that breaks armor on wake up.

So the character can still win. If he got his walk speed buffed to like, middle of the cast, he'd be dope imo.
The way TYM works in a nutshell:

Character has slow mids/bad neutral = shit tier character, worst in the game, NRS pls halp

Character has 7f startup on all his normals = top tier character, best in the game, NRS pls halp