What's new

KTF Ep. 6 (I Don't Care) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who is the best of the following "shitters"?

• Joker

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Ares

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Arrow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
No I don't.
I remember in the tourneys near the start of the game the commentators actually went on and on about how chris g was doing well with green arrow who was in fact shit. I remember none of this s++ talk you speak of. They said he made a shit character look good haha. although aquaman was such a shit match up he had to use black adam so i guess he is a bit of a cop out on that part...
@Hades, you joined November 2013, a month AFTER the last patch...

Anyway:

This is just my personal belief that he is, I mean free get in with an ice arrow that you can forward dash 4 times before ice running out, and and an unlockable super, and not to mention his ridiculous reset ability, does anyone else think he's being overlooked?

Tom Brady at the end of the video - "SO YEAH let's just keep pretending green arrows bad."
So because he loses to Black Adam that makes him not top 10? What kind of logic is that lol.

GA is definitely top 10 easy imho. Having a few bad matchups doesn't mean much. If anything it just means GA isn't broken.
GA is good. I don't get the downplay.
I strongly disagree. People do the same thing w/Justin Wong and Daigo, they immediately see them winning lots of tournaments and assume they have some ability to win w/any char or low tier, which is of course not even close to remotely true. You don't see top players using low tier or crap chars to win majors. Look at tournaments over the years and look at major FGs, it just doesn't happen. So clearly (and I know, FG communities always have tiers figured out after 2 months right?) he is better than people are giving him credit for. People can continue the whole "top players uses this char so he's just godlike" but it's ignorant. A top player will only play a char that gives them the best ability to win and GA has those tools. Talk to me when "godlike top player" wins a major w/Bane/Lex Luthor/Lobo/Joker/Harley
Didn't Chris G knock Dizzy to losers bracket in Metropolis using Green Arrow 2 rounds straight? I'd say he's a really strong player, I can't say much on tier list though.

No, I'm not going to Evo and whether I go or not, doesn't mean anything related to Chris G proving right now that GA is top 10 at least.
He's got what it takes to win a Tournament. So, I don't see why he wouldn't be considered a Top 10 char.

Jimmypotato Grundy loses BAD to GA. It's probably more like 7-3 in GA's favor.
Damn it ChrisG just won a major with Green Arrow.
lol asking for buffs for a character that wins majors loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Need Green Arrow. He is undefeatable in majors! He is clearly a top 3 character since he just walks over our best so freaking hard they are to chicken shit to address it
Is this thread a troll? Am I being trolled? :confused:
(About a thread asking for buffs for GA)
Green Arrow wins a major = Still shit

Death Stroke gets Top 4 = still OP needs moar narfs

At this point it'd be insulting to Slips.
Wtf are his problems that people keep crying about!!!!? Even REO says he gots probs but doesn't state a god damn thing! I fucking hate your community!!!!
GA stays until someone tells me wtf there problems are with him
i think anyone that is asking for GA buffs are complete trash and should go play tetris. that character has won 2 majors. lol at this thread. u all suck
THE CHARACTER HAS WON 2 MAJORS.
ohh.. and THE CHARACTER HAS WON TWO MAJORS
Gonna have go to with what PLAYING TO W1N is saying...

That's only 2 threads. I can quote more but I'm bored.

Btw, he only got 2 buffs, 111 being cancelable into specials and stinger being mb-able on block. The rest were just nerfs.

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Anyway:

This says more about how viable low tier characters can be and actually adds value to others saying their character is a crutch.

If we are talking about arrow specifically, then we know 2 things

1) he is the best of the shitters
2) he is a tourney viable character

Your posts are just a bunch of random up players and down players. We talked about this in another podcast about how NRS should NOT listen to TYM about buffs and nerfs.

This is getting rediculous. Why are people who main low tigers getting offended. Jack is not naming names and is willing to agree to disagree.

@GGA 16 Bit calls Catwoman a shitter and so does most of the NRS community. Yet she (he) has tournament success. I don't think he would disagree with ken on this but I dont know.

To think a shitter main has never blamed their character for a loss is kinda naive. Also this argument is prett dumb and interesting at the same time.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
This says more about how viable low tier characters can be and actually adds value to others saying their character is a crutch.

If we are talking about arrow specifically, then we know 2 things

1) he is the best of the shitters
2) he is a tourney viable character

Your posts are just a bunch of random up players and down players. We talked about this in another podcast about how NRS should NOT listen to TYM about buffs and nerfs.

This is getting rediculous. Why are people who main low tigers getting offended. Jack is not naming names and is willing to agree to disagree.

@GGA 16 Bit calls Catwoman a shitter and so does most of the NRS community. Yet she (he) has tournament success. I don't think he would disagree with ken on this but I dont know.

To think a shitter main has never blamed their character for a loss is kinda naive. Also this argument is prett dumb and interesting at the same time.
Watch the early gameplay of the game, when they used to say he was top tier. It's really bad. We're watching old footage of MK9 and laughing our asses off.

Anyway, why would it add value to whatever they're saying? I've been asking WHO is using their characters as a crutch? I haven't gotten a reply yet. Plus, I'm just replying to coolwhip saying it didn't happen. This is just a collection of posts of what TYM used to feel at the time.

I think Ares is the best in the list you posted.

Yes, NRS shouldn't listen to randoms about buffs and nerfs.

I don't know who these people are. Who are these people getting offended? GAAAH

Catwoman is far, faaar from a shitter. He compared her to GA. I lol'd.

No one is saying anyone has ever blamed a loss to a bad match up, you guys are saying whoever says that is a mediocre player. Sorry @rev0lver you're a mediocre player that uses the Zod MU as a crutch. Sorry Bit you're a mediocre player because you said you had no chance against Superman. Sorry to whoever had to play an 8-2 match up in tournament, you're just mediocre players.
#Logic

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Watch the early gameplay of the game, when they used to say he was top tier. It's really bad. We're watching old footage of MK9 and laughing our asses off.

Anyway, why would it add value to whatever they're saying? I've been asking WHO is using their characters as a crutch? I haven't gotten a reply yet.

I think Ares is the best in the list you posted.

Yes, NRS shouldn't listen to randoms about buffs and nerfs.

I don't know who these people are. Who are these people getting offended? GAAAH

Catwoman is far, faaar from a shitter. He compared her to GA. I lol'd.

No one is saying anyone has ever blamed a loss to a bad match up, you guys are saying whoever says that is a mediocre player. Sorry @rev0lver you're a mediocre player that uses the Zod MU as a crutch. Sorry Bit you're a mediocre player because you said you had no chance against Superman. Sorry to whoever had to play an 8-2 match up in tournament, you're just mediocre players.
#Logic
Not even close to what we are saying.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I'll stay out of it then cause either you or I is missing something. And I'll wait for one of us to be corrected.
Alright. Still waiting to know who's offended or who are you referring to.

But I love the "if you win, you're a downplayer, if you lose, you use the character as an excuse" logic. You can't win!

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
So just so I'm clear....

Mr Aquaman and Cossner are asking me to stir up forum drama (which ive heard is a no no) by directly calling people out? I just want to make sure my understanding is accurate before I respond further.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So just so I'm clear....

Mr Aquaman and Cossner are asking me to stir up forum drama (which ive heard is a no no) by directly calling people out? I just want to make sure my understanding is accurate before I respond further.
PM me.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
God damnit fuck LOTR & wrestling.
I don't want to suffer the wrath of coolwhip and SaucyJack but.. I've always thought LOTR was a bill. I never got the whole Dwarves / Elves thing. Maybe if they combined LOTR AND wrestling. I'd maybe probably watch that.

Side note: I played the Guardians of Middle Earth MOBA because I'm a huge nerd like that and I'd definitely main up Mozgog in a LOTR fighting game. He gives no fucks about being non-canon.

Last edited:
I hope people do realise that character choice is part of a players' skill. You main a viable character if you choose to compete. All these people who keep maining shitters have themeselves to blame. It's like saying: I want to cut down a tree but I don't want to use an axe to get the job done, but let me use this kitchen knife instead. I understand how people want to play the character they want or be character loyalists but by doing so YOU have chosen to play the game the way you want to and being able to compete is not your only goal. All these other top player who ARE willing to switch characters or come up with different solutions deserve the win imo.

Especially if a game is probably not going to get patched anymore, you will need to step the fuck up and switch characters if you want to compete. If not, then you should just accept that your character will only be able to take you into like top 16.

Hades

Noob

Anyway:

Btw, he only got 2 buffs, 111 being cancelable into specials and stinger being mb-able on block. The rest were just nerfs.
I know but i was on this site and never made an account since 2012. I've actually been using the website since evo 2012, found out trying to search up perfect legend matches and even now i hardly comment on anything. I don't remember everything from back then but i remember them saying chris g was doing really well considering his character was shit.

Reactions: PPJ

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
using a low tier character is completely a player's own personal choice and if you lose playing said low tier character, that is your own damn fault, not your character's fault. you can acknowledge "yeah, it's a bad match-up" but don't blame your loss on the character you chose to learn. i didn't cry about tier shit every time one of Atlanta's Kenshi's tore my Kano a new asshole (fuck you Pig <3) because a) i KNEW he was awful and b) i chose to stick with him after knowing said awfulness.

if you're really only drawn to one certain character and it happens to be a bad one, stick with it baby because there are individuals out there who know your pain, but don't complain about their established shittiness after you get bopped.

that being said, i disagree with "you will need to step the fuck up and switch characters if you want to compete." Injustice is much more balanced than MK9 was and any character you want to use, you should be able to use... just understand you run a high risk of running into some baaaad match-ups along the way for your character, so grind those out the hardest. will you lose still? maybe, but that's the path you chose to walk, so blame ya damn self.