What's new

KTF Ep. 6 (I Don't Care) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who is the best of the following "shitters"?

• Joker

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Ares

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Arrow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
LOTR Fighter? I would choose Smeagol. There would be Supers and then "Ultimate Specials" that are kinda like Ultras/XRAYs. Smeagol's Super would transform him into Gollum. He would stay as Gollum for 30 in game seconds. Gollum would be 25% quicker, which includes walk speed, normals, jumps, specials, everything. He also would have a lower and smaller hitbox. While in Gollum mode, if he got another Super + Ultimate Special, he could go into "My Precious" mode where he does 4 times his normal damage!

My main.... :D

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
2 things:

1. I'm extremely emo for not being mentioned as the shitter Sinestro player during the segment.

2. Coolwhip: Sinestro actually can't anti air him 90% of the time, it's more like 60% (but we are splitting hairs here). When he's close (like at batmans b2 range), Sinestro can't really anti air him. It's not that big of a deal because we can block it anyway, but yeah just thought I'd shed some light.

coolwhip

Noob
]

2. Coolwhip: Sinestro actually can't anti air him 90% of the time, it's more like 60% (but we are splitting hairs here). When he's close (like at batmans b2 range), Sinestro can't really anti air him. It's not that big of a deal because we can block it anyway, but yeah just thought I'd shed some light.
Gotta add some free percentages for downplaying purposes. You know how it is.

No but seriously, I obviously meant it as an exaggeration but I probably should have been more clear. I'll say this, in my experience against Sinestro, his D2 can anti air Batman's J2 pretty consistently.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
One part I did listen to was the part about low tiers, and how ludacris each and every dude on here sounded when trying to discuss it coming from a non low tier repping side. Each and every one of the highest level representative has never used the character as a "crutch" as even your precious pig tried to say even I do. You are just plain wrong. Grr never complains about the joker when he loses. I never complain about Ares when I lose. Relaxed complained alittle but remained true to his word till zod happened. Cossner upplays the fuk out of arrow and never does he blame arrow for his loss, but his play instead, and I can name almost every top tournament rep of a bottom tier and show this. For coolwhip to say "well if I picked a shitter I would do this" no, its not like that. It's who we pick at the character select screen or love to play. That simple, there is no more thought on the subject. Your random online warriors and tymers are all the same, you can make the same argument about someone who mains top tiers, they cry. To say that a bottom tier is an option select is no option select, I passively joke about it with those close to me for fun when in reality ares is higher in my mind than most. Even if he is a piece of shit, which he is. So saying low tiers are a crutch and just a perceptions is plain bullshit.

Your crutches are found at the other side of the tier list.

EDIT: You can't hide a bad player behind a bad character, but you can hide a bad player behind a great character

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
:DOGE neh

But the Aquaman MU is not that bad. There are worse.
My proposed arrow buffs were

Trait load is special cancelable on hit off special move Enders

That buzz saw bow spin move he has would be 8% chip (arrow's trident rush)

10% BNB damage buff

Ice arrow in hit freezes opponent then the fall down air born ala ZOD trait grab so Aquaman can't trait out he can get launched by b3 when they fall down from being frozen like ZOD trait throws opponent after grab finishes

Killusion

Stream addict
My favorite podcast is finally back! BTW when's the weekly round up for podcasts?
I'm with Fly on this one, not feeling them LOTR movies or middle-earth stuff in general. It's almost january, which means Mr. Wizard is going to announce the EVO 2015 games soon. Are guys going to talk about the possibility of Injustice being in EVO 3rd time? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
My proposed arrow buffs were

Trait load is special cancelable on hit off special move Enders
Wouldn't really make a difference though. The issue is the fact that it's so slow you can't throw it out there without getting punished. You can't really use the thing that makes his zoning usable lol.
That buzz saw bow spin move he has would be 8% chip (arrow's trident rush)
Wouldn't really change anything. Making it safe would though.
10% BNB damage buff
Frozen arrow scales damage a lot. If it didn't scale I would get 36%++ damage. :(
Ice arrow in hit freezes opponent then the fall down air born ala ZOD trait grab so Aquaman can't trait out he can get launched by b3 when they fall down from being frozen like ZOD trait throws opponent after grab finishes
But then I would lose my frozen arrow setups. If I finish a combo with frozen arrow I get a +28 frame trap. Issue is that GA doesn't have lows, and F2D1 is very easy to react to :( I can still hit Aquaman with a B3 if the frozen arrow hits and then he uses trait, so it's not really that big of a deal. The issue with Aquaman is the same issue that happens with Raven and GL. At a body distance, GA options are very risky. His normals have poop range, start up of the arrows are too slow, and his jump arc is really slow too. Aquaman can just do b1, b3, FTD on block to d1, and a bunch of other shenanigans and go unpunished.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wouldn't really make a difference though. The issue is the fact that it's so slow you can't throw it out there. You can't really use the thing that makes his zoning usable lol.
Wouldn't really change anything. Making it safe though.

Frozen arrow scales damage a lot. If it didn't scale I would get 36% damage. :(

But then I would lose my frozen arrow setups. If I finish a combo with frozen arrow I get a +28 frame trap. Issue is that GA doesn't have lows, and F2D1 is very easy to react to :(
Well I thought I'd share cause

coolwhip

Noob
One part I did listen to was the part about low tiers, and how ludacris each and every dude on here sounded when trying to discuss it coming from a non low tier repping side. Each and every one of the highest level representative has never used the character as a "crutch" as even your precious pig tried to say even I do. You are just plain wrong. Grr never complains about the joker when he loses. I never complain about Ares when I lose. Relaxed complained alittle but remained true to his word till zod happened. Cossner upplays the fuk out of arrow and never does he blame arrow for his loss, but his play instead, and I can name almost every top tournament rep of a bottom tier and show this. For coolwhip to say "well if I picked a shitter I would do this" no, its not like that. It's who we pick at the character select screen or love to play. That simple, there is no more thought on the subject. Your random online warriors and tymers are all the same, you can make the same argument about someone who mains top tiers, they cry. To say that a bottom tier is an option select is no option select, I passively joke about it with those close to me for fun when in reality ares is higher in my mind than most. Even if he is a piece of shit, which he is. So saying low tiers are a crutch and just a perceptions is plain bullshit.

Your crutches are found at the other side of the tier list.

EDIT: You can't hide a bad player behind a bad character, but you can hide a bad player behind a great character
Nobody named or singled out any of the guys you mentioned so I have no idea what you're talking about. And I don't know if you mistook someone else's voice for mine, but when did I state the thing you mentioned? The "if I picked a shitter I would do this" part. My whole talking point was we don't know how bad some of the shitters really are (and that's not to say that they're not shitters) because they don't have enough representation, and enough people grinding out their match-ups offline. I'm really curious to know what is it exactly about what I said that bothered you. And I never once mentioned whining.

I like you but the above post gave me a headache since literally nobody on the podcast said a single thing you're ranting about.

coolwhip

Noob
@Mr Aquaman I went back and listened, and here's the part you mentioned:

"If I were to main a low tier character, what I should be concerned with is grinding out his match-ups, taking him to the lab, study his options...not whether or not he's better or worse than people say he is. Basically, I'd do what I would have done had I been maining a high tier character, because many of these match-ups for low tier characters, nobody has any idea about since they haven't been played enough."

And you have an issue with that why exactly? I'm sure you've taken your character to the lab, came up with tech and studied his options so what's the problem? I never said it would be as easy to do well with him. I was talking about the approach I would take, not the eventual results. Merry Christmas.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
@coolwhip

I'm guessing Mr. Aquaman is referring to me. I could be wrong and he can correct me if I am, but I believe I mentioned that players use it as a crutch.

And if I didnt, I meant to, but I think I did.

The topic was in regards to tier placement, and my point was that it doesn't matter. The only purpose of tier placement is to explain away a loss. Otherwise, it doesn't matter. That's why I don't participate in tier lists, tier talk, or tier anything on tym or elsewhere.

The only purpose for talking about what "tier" a character is in, is to explain a loss. Anytime you say "my character is mid, low, etc", you are giving an excuse for losing. Even if you aren't doing it on purpose, anytime, anyone says "my Characer is low tier" somewhere, someone is explaining away a loss.

Also, to Mr. Aquamans point that no one uses that as an option select, I call bull. Sure, maybe not everyone is doing that, but please don't be naive enough to say that no one does that. That's just silly talk my friend.