What's new

KTF Ep. 6 (I Don't Care) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who is the best of the following "shitters"?

• Joker

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Ares

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Arrow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So you have no argument, you're just being a talking head pundit ala FoxNews or MSNBC. No actual opinion, just throwing something inflammatory out there and let the dogs run wild. That's exactly what instigators do. "I'm not backing away", what are you backing away from? You yourself admitted you have no argument, so what are you even saying?

This reminds me of when guys like Donald Trump would say Obama isn't an American because his birth certificate was a little wonky, and then when questioned with the insanity that a man could defraud the whole nation into becoming president, they would go back and be like "I didn't say that it was the cause, I'm just saying there was the possible case for the idea of a correlation between his birth certificate being weird and his American citizenship."
What!?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Somehow my one post now has me compared to fucking fox news pundits? Hippo, I love your posts and respect you, but I seriously don't like where this is headed.

Go back and read my post again, and just take it for whatever you want. It's all there...James MK.

coolwhip

Noob
There is a relation. You just choose to ignore it. Drama has increased and numbers have decreased. That therein is the relation. It depends on how you interpret your variables and data.

Here is a good example.

If 50 test subjects liked a cookie but milk was introduced as a variable with the cookie and now only 30 people like the cookie you could draw a correlation between milk and cookies.

You could say that "There is a negative correlation between milk and cookies"

Does it prove that milk causes people to dislike cookies? No.

Does it show a correlation, yes.

Maybe I shouldn't waste my time with this with you. You seem to just ignore points when they don't favour you anyways. At least I take the time to point the shit out :S
OK, I'll play along in the most literal sense, and agree that it's correlation (it's still a reach, but OK).

What does it matter if it has zero causation? Now, you can claim "it might" but again, the burden of proof lies on the accuser. And you CAN prove it by the way, just make a thread and ask. If you choose not to in order not to stir up the pot, then please explain the point of your initial post. Like, I can legit say "Big E staff has been known for bracket rigging in the past" and "NEC always gets good numbers." Maybe players are encourage to go in hopes of easy pools? Then, when rightly challenged over how ludicrous the statement is, I can go "I never said there's causation." The answer would be BULLSHIT. Because my statement clearly implied there is, otherwise it has zero point or purpose.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
So you have no argument, you're just being a talking head pundit ala FoxNews or MSNBC. No actual opinion, just throwing something inflammatory out there and let the dogs run wild. That's exactly what instigators do. "I'm not backing away", what are you backing away from? You yourself admitted you have no argument, so what are you even saying?

This reminds me of when guys like Donald Trump would say Obama isn't an American because his birth certificate was a little wonky, and then when questioned with the insanity that a man could defraud the whole nation into becoming president, they would go back and be like "I didn't say that it was the cause, I'm just saying there was the possible case for the idea of a correlation between his birth certificate being weird and his American citizenship". Yes, there is the remote possibility that Obama is not an American citizen, the FAR and ABSURD remote possibility, but you can't try and get that over in the public thought without going through criticism of the idea.

KiT's numbers are actually in line with the rest of the games at KiT, I would argue that is a bigger reason as to why the numbers are "low" (If they are at all) then the ridiculous notion that you put forth.
I want what you are smoking

coolwhip

Noob
LMFAO, this is the funniest thing you've said today. Thank you for a dumb post lol. MODS, I"M NOT SAYING HE IS DUMB, JUST HIS POST!!!

Did you get the my tone on this one??
lol, posts get called dumb all the time. It was a dumb post. There's a difference between saying you're stupid and your suggestion is stupid.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
@TakeAChance at the same time though, even if we're purely talking about correlation, I wouldn't say anything decreased more than expected, if it will end up happening at all. I'll bet you that we get at the very least 10 more entries before registration closes (we're known for last minute stuff, I know myself and a few others have yet to register). If that's the case we're not losing much from last year, we only had about 60 at KIT last year, and numbers dwindle naturally as the game progresses. Last year's ECT had well over 100 and this year only had 75, but I can't blame that on anything but declining numbers overall. We're actually getting more regional representation this time around (no Northeast/Canada/NorCal at last year's KIT) which is an improvement imo.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
If say, Sonic Fox legit mained Ares, I think he'd be making top 8's semi-regularly. That's really not a knock on Mr. Aquaman -- he is the best with that character. But the fact is the scene is small, and there are only a select few super top players, many of which happen to main top tiers. If our scene was as big as Capcom, we'd potentially have someone close to Sonic Fox's level maining say, Joker, and doing well with the character.

It's pretty simple logic really, and again, I don't see how it's debatable. It's really not necessarily anyone's fault. It does take a lot for someone to do well with non top tier characters. You need a player with sufficient skill, an offline scene, great training partners, etc... That's not available to everyone, the scene is too small, and online sucks.
This is why this argument is garbage: Sonic Fox used to main Harley and did HORRIBLY. He didn't start doing well until he mained Batgirl. Stop rewriting history with bullshit to support your completely unfounded arguments.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
OK, I'll play along in the most literal sense, and agree that it's correlation (it's still a reach, but OK).

What does it matter if it has zero causation? Now, you can claim "it might" but again, the burden of proof lies on the accuser. And you CAN prove it by the way, just make a thread and ask. If you choose not to in order not to stir up the pot, then please explain the point of your initial post. Like, I can legit say "Big E staff has been known for bracket rigging in the past" and "NEC always gets good numbers." Maybe players are encourage to go in hopes of easy pools? Then, when rightly challenged over how ludicrous the statement is, I can go "I never said there's causation." The answer would be BULLSHIT. Because my statement clearly implied there is, otherwise it has zero point or purpose.
Because now I just get to write that it's my opinion, and Hippo can fuck off :)

I love statistics.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
If Shock is doing streams mostly for the money, I really think that he should spend some of that pay to upgrade his equipment. Kombat Network stream has problems most of the time and it's really getting annoying. NEC, first it was lagging like hell, and then the broken headphones..
People like me have been patient and understanding for a long time because we thought it's a nonprofit community effort but is someone seriously paying for Kombat Network to stream? Get Spooky, Art or even Bifu please.
Fucking....this!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
@TakeAChance at the same time though, even if we're purely talking about correlation, I wouldn't say anything decreased more than expected, if it will end up happening at all. I'll bet you that we get at the very least 10 more entries before registration closes (we're known for last minute stuff, I know myself and a few others have yet to register). If that's the case we're not losing much from last year, we only had about 60 at KIT last year, and numbers dwindle naturally as the game progresses. Last year's ECT had well over 100 and this year only had 75, but I can't blame that on anything but declining numbers overall. We're actually getting more regional representation this time around (no Northeast/Canada/NorCal at last year's KIT) which is an improvement imo.
Oh absolutely, but we wont know for sure unless we sample the entire population that enters and ask them why the entered, then sample the population that did not enter that was going to enter and ask them why they didn't. As you can see, that wont happen, so the data of course will always be flawed.

Thus, Correlation NOT causation.

coolwhip

Noob
This is why this argument is garbage: Sonic Fox used to main Harley and did HORRIBLY. He didn't start doing well until he mained Batgirl. Stop rewriting history with bullshit to support your completely unfounded arguments.
How well was 16 Bit doing with Catwoman initially at his locals? How long did Sonic Fox stick with Harley?

How is the argument unfounded? There's actually a player who's made multiple top 8's with Harley. Saltface. lol.

coolwhip

Noob
Oh absolutely, but we wont know for sure unless we sample the entire population that enters and ask them why the entered, then sample the population that did not enter that was going to enter and ask them why they didn't. As you can see, that wont happen, so the data of course will always be flawed.

Thus, Correlation NOT causation.
The very fact that you have to make these leaps into statistics shows that you're reaching.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The very fact that you have to make these leaps into statistics shows that you're reaching.
No, it shows that I have to use proven logic to actually talk to you.

If I don't my words get twisted and I have your buds telling me I said shit I didn't say.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Actually SonicFox took a while to really do great with Batgirl. He improved in the game overall. He didn't start his streak of dominance until this past summer, not even making top 8 at MLG. I wouldn't say he would have the same success if he chose a lower tier character, but I'd be surprised if he didn't have top 8's if he kept maining Harley or Ares. He just lacked experience and knowledge at the time.

coolwhip

Noob
No, it shows that I have to use proven logic to actually talk to you.

If I don't my words get twisted and I have your buds telling me I said shit I didn't say.
I'll use even simpler logic. Made a thread asking: "Is anyone not going to KIT for drama?"

That should back up your initial claim, or debunk it. One way or the other.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
For anyone keeping score, this is a classic Altaire response to getting shut down in an argument, a few posts ago he was all about proving Chance wrong about the corrolation thing,

this post is the equivilant of saying , " oh yah!!! oh yah!!! well your a poo poo head so there!!!" lol

Calm the titties brah,

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'll use even simpler logic. Made a thread asking: "Is anyone not going to KIT for drama?"

That should back up your initial claim, or debunk it. One way or the other.
That's actually a more complicated argument which entails a hypothesis and a survey.

Those of which I am not willing to sink the time into to conduct because I don't give a rats ass.

The purpose of my points was to illustrate that you both were putting words in my mouth and arguing against them, which I feel I have succeeded.

If that's all gentleman I shall return to destiny.

Night!

coolwhip

Noob
No, it's a correlation. It's just not a causation. They can mean the same thing but they're mutually exclusive.
Only in statistics.

The word correlation in law and other fields is not defined the same way. Case in point, if you Google the word, there's a separate definition for it under the statistics category.

noun
  1. a mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.
    "research showed a clear correlation between recession and levels of property crime"
    synonyms:connection, association, link, tie-in, tie-up, relation, relationship,interrelationship, interdependence, interconnection, interaction; More

• the process of establishing a relationship or connection between two or more things.
      "the increasingly similar basis underlying national soil maps allows correlation to take place more easily"

• STATISTICS
      interdependence of variable quantities.

Like I said, in real life, there is a difference.

coolwhip

Noob
For anyone keeping score, this is a classic Altaire response to getting shut down in an argument, a few posts ago he was all about proving Chance wrong about the corrolation thing,

this post is the equivilant of saying , " oh yah!!! oh yah!!! well your a poo poo head so there!!!" lol

Calm the titties brah,
What does it say that you're literally the only person agreeing with Chance?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Only in statistics.

The word correlation in law and other fields is not defined the same way. Case in point, if you Google the word, there's a separate definition for it under the statistics category.

noun
  1. a mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.
    "research showed a clear correlation between recession and levels of property crime"
    synonyms:connection, association, link, tie-in, tie-up, relation, relationship,interrelationship, interdependence, interconnection, interaction; More
    • the process of establishing a relationship or connection between two or more things.
      "the increasingly similar basis underlying national soil maps allows correlation to take place more easily"

• STATISTICS
      interdependence of variable quantities.

Like I said, in real life, there is a difference.
If it wasn't clear that I was referring to statistics, then maybe I am not the only one who has a reading comprehension problem. Coolwhip, let's just stop. This is getting really fucking silly dude.

coolwhip

Noob
Apparently, to prove whether drama has affected numbers at tournament, you need to provide a lecture in the world of statistics. A simple question to the community is not an acceptable alternative.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I like how this thread has transcended from a simple podcast thread into a science thread.

I foresee this thread stepping into the was-Jesus-a-Buddha-student subject in about 4 pages.