What's new

KTF Ep. 6 (I Don't Care) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who is the best of the following "shitters"?

• Joker

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Ares

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Arrow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

coolwhip

Noob
If it wasn't clear that I was referring to statistics, then maybe I am not the only one who has a reading comprehension problem. Coolwhip, let's just stop. This is getting really fucking silly dude.
Seriously, I'm honestly asking you, how were you clear you were referring to statistics? Cossner said numbers are down because guys like me and Pig promote drama.

You seemed to agree.

How in the world can this be about statistics when there are no samples to speak of? Not even the KIT pre registrations are samples because, simply put, the numbers aren't full yet.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Apparently, to prove whether drama has affected numbers at tournament, you need to provide a lecture in the world of statistics. A simple question to the community is not an acceptable alternative.
No, to prove that you two were both putting words in my mouth I had to resort to the world of statistics. Two very different arguments. Please, let's not confuse the two.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Seriously, I'm honestly asking you, how were you clear you were referring to statistics? Cossner said numbers are down because guys like me and Pig promote drama.

You seemed to agree.

How in the world can this be about statistics when there are no samples to speak of? Not even the KIT pre registrations are samples because, simply put, the numbers aren't full yet.
Dude. My examples were all statistic based, my responses and interaction with revolver was statistic based, and all my uses of the words Correlation were statistic based.

Go back and look at the data (my posts)

Am I really the one reaching here?

James Mk.

coolwhip

Noob
"Drama does not harm this community or its' events."

Nec has 40 pre-regged entrants.

Inb4 "This is the natural life cycle of the game."

NEC had fantastic numbers, and KiT was touted as one of if not THE BEST ran grass roots tournament last year.

I feel sorry for Vandy. He deserves better :(.
This is TakeAChance's post. I mean, I don't know if we're all supposed to be too dumb to see what's going on here, but how would anyone describe the above?

You used "NEC has 40-regged" as an rebuttal for "drama does not harm this community or its events." You can claim "correlation" not "causation" and we can all collectively claim "bullshit."

But sure, words in your mouth.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is TakeAChance's post. I mean, I don't know if we're all supposed to be too dumb to see what's going on here, but how would anyone describe the above?

You used "NEC has 40-regged" as an rebuttal for "drama does not harm this community or its events." You can claim "correlation" not "causation" and we can all collectively claim "bullshit."

But sure, words in your mouth.
Dude, the quote was from you guys in the past.

If you read that, I actually don't use the word drama at all...like jesus dude this just looks worse for you.

coolwhip

Noob
Dude. My examples were all statistic based, my responses and interaction with revolver was statistic based, and all my uses of the words Correlation were statistic based.

Go back and look at the data (my posts)

Am I really the one reaching here?

James Mk.
Your interaction with Rev0lver happened after my back and forth with you. Maybe chronology doesn't matter in statistics.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You legit don't know what correlation is. If two events are unrelated, there is zero correlation. Since you can't prove that the events are related, there is zero correlation. I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

At least in real life, that's what correlation is.
Trust me don't waste your time w takeachance

coolwhip

Noob
Dude, the quote was from you guys in the past.

If you read that, I actually don't use the word drama at all...like jesus dude this just looks worse for you.
I get that, and your usage of the pre-reg for KIT was supposed to be a rebuttal of our quote. So, how is it merely correlation?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Coolwhip, you win dude.

I tap out.

If it gets you to just stahp posting nonsense.

You win.

I will praise you instead of my saviour JamesMK.

I would just appreciate you and Hippo not putting words in mine or any other people's mouths.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Coolwhip, you win dude.

I tap out.

If it gets you to just stahp posting nonsense.

You win.

I will praise you instead of my saviour JamesMK.

I would just appreciate you and Hippo not putting words in mine or any other people's mouths.
quit trying to be the peaceful TYM den Mother, it's sickning.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Only in statistics.

The word correlation in law and other fields is not defined the same way. Case in point, if you Google the word, there's a separate definition for it under the statistics category.

noun
  1. a mutual relationship or connection between two or more things.
    "research showed a clear correlation between recession and levels of property crime"
    synonyms:connection, association, link, tie-in, tie-up, relation, relationship,interrelationship, interdependence, interconnection, interaction; More
    • the process of establishing a relationship or connection between two or more things.
      "the increasingly similar basis underlying national soil maps allows correlation to take place more easily"

• STATISTICS
      interdependence of variable quantities.

Like I said, in real life, there is a difference.
This is real life. It's the same thing. A correlation is a relationship, an association. None of that means that one thing is causing the other. In the example they used, there's a relationship between recession and levels of property crime. Even so, it doesn't prove that property crime is caused by the recession (even though in that example, it's likely). When two things are correlated, there is a relationship between them, but the causation may exist as a more specific part of one variable, as something independently that is influencing one or both variables to influence the other, or completely independently (in other words, a coincidence). It's not specific to high-level statistical analysis, it's the same definition applying to everything.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is real life. It's the same thing. A correlation is a relationship, an association. None of that means that one thing is causing the other. In the example they used, there's a relationship between recession and levels of property crime. Even so, it doesn't prove that property crime is caused by the recession (even though in that example, it's likely). When two things are correlated, there is a relationship between them, but the causation may exist as a more specific part of one variable, as something independently that is influencing one or both variables, or completely independently (in other words, a coincidence). It's not specific to high-level statistical analysis, it's the same definition applying to everything.
What's your major man?

Vandy

Kumite!
Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Some points on things said in this thread (thanks for tagging me).

1. You are making points on a pre-reg number that is likely to grow quite a bit. If I had to guess based on last year's registration dates the number might double. I don't think the number is "low". I think most tournaments do not release full registration lists in advance of the tournament date. Probably because things like this might come up. But I don't particularly care because...

2. Someone at KIT is walking away with $1250 and a sick Doomsday trophy (worth >$500 I might add) regardless of turnout.

3. If hypothetically no one else entered and we "only" have the 43 players now registered - KiT will be the best damn 43 player tournament of all time!

4. KIT is just a local. Except we don't actually have any, well, locals. NEC had more numbers because it's a (much) bigger tournament. *Shrug*

5. I don't deserve better.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I did a psychology major as my undergrad. What field did you focus on?
Mostly educational and social psych. The lab I worked for focused mainly on achievement and disciplinary gaps between race and gender. I worked under Elliot Aronson's son if you know who that is which is pretty tight. So I'm looking to get into stuff like that.