What's new

KTF Ep. 6 (I Don't Care) - Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy & Home Lee

Who is the best of the following "shitters"?

• Joker

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Ares

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Arrow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cyborg

Votes: 11 9.6%

• Total voters

coolwhip

Noob
This is real life. It's the same thing. A correlation is a relationship, an association. None of that means that one thing is causing the other. In the example they used, there's a relationship between recession and levels of property crime. Even so, it doesn't prove that property crime is caused by the recession (even though in that example, it's likely). When two things are correlated, there is a relationship between them, but the causation may exist as a more specific part of one variable, as something independently that is influencing one or both variables to influence the other, or completely independently (in other words, a coincidence). It's not specific to high-level statistical analysis, it's the same definition applying to everything.
OK, this might be a false application so I'm legitimately asking you, but in the legal world, correlation is used all the time to suggest something's effect or relevance on another. Statistically, it could have zero effect but still be correlation but certainly in every day usage, it's used all the time, perhaps mistakenly?

Vandy

Kumite!
And oh yeah - there is no onsite registration at KiT.

I've repeated it over and over as many times as I could and it's even in big bold letters in every FGC announcement thread.

I kind of wonder if there is going to be this huge mass of unsuspecting / unknowing people who show up and I have to turn them away after they traveled hundreds of miles. I'd definitely feel bad for at least five seconds.

But I would hope they would at least do me a favor and be a good enough sport to take a group picture with their sad faces on. It would be great marketing material for when I don't allow onsite registration the following year.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
OK, this might be a false application so I'm legitimately asking you, but in the legal world, correlation is used all the time to suggest something's effect or relevance on another. Statistically, it could have zero effect but still be correlation but certainly in every day usage, it's used all the time, perhaps mistakenly?
No, it's the same thing in the legal world. Like in circumstantial evidence, where there's a connection with a person being at the scene of the crime and owning the same shirt as the perpetrator, but with no hard evidence connecting them. That's basically what it is. It's definitely used to suggest something's relevance on another thing, but it doesn't prove one thing as the cause of the connection. They are oftentimes used incorrectly, like when people say the relationship between race and crime means being of a certain race causes you to commit more crimes. I agree that TAC is wrong in unnecessarily suggesting a correlation as meaningful, but if we're arguing definitions here, he's technically right.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
And oh yeah - there is no onsite registration at KiT.

I've repeated it over and over as many times as I could and it's even in big bold letters in every FGC announcement thread.

I kind of wonder if there is going to be this huge mass of unsuspecting / unknowing people who show up and I have to turn them away after they traveled hundreds of miles. I'd definitely feel bad for at least five seconds.

But I would hope they would at least do me a favor and be a good enough sport to take a group picture with their sad faces on. It would be great marketing material for when I don't allow onsite registration the following year.
Can you please have sad music playing for them as well. Also pictures would be awesome. I really hope KIT goes well and everyone has a great time though. Also idk how i got through all of. Dam you guys gave me something to do inbetween skyrim. Thanks. Also Skrim is amazing. I started using my mage again. Am i doing this thread derailing thing right or should i start an arguement with someone. :p. Also Revolve how much are these mozzorella sticks?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Mostly educational and social psych. The lab I worked for focused mainly on achievement and disciplinary gaps between race and gender. I worked under Elliot Aronson's son if you know who that is which is pretty tight. So I'm looking to get into stuff like that.
Does that come with work experience or an extra when it comes to applying for jobs in companies who want to expand their racial diversity?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I didn't say that you have much to learn ABOUT Zod. Plus, I do know that while you may be aware of all of your strengths, you tend to gloss over your weaknesses.
That's also incorrect

I highlight my weaknesses to all I talk to daily, I just haven't made a thread on TYM tagging players like yourselves pointing it out

E

Eldriken

That's also incorrect

I highlight my weaknesses to all I talk to daily, I just haven't made a thread on TYM tagging players like yourselves pointing it out
Corner + Earth Shake = one of your weaknesses. Now, if I could just manage to get your ass there when we play. =P

Pig Of The Hut

Corner + Earth Shake = one of your weaknesses. Now, if I could just manage to get your ass there when we play. =P
Found new tech where dd corner shenanigans is no longer an issue

Bye bye corner glitch :)
Btw I didn't really found it, it was told to me by DD himself

E

Eldriken

Found new tech where dd corner shenanigans is no longer an issue

Bye bye corner glitch :)
Btw I didn't really found it, it was told to me by DD himself
Whaaaat? What it is? If you don't want to openly post it here, feel free to text me or PM me.

Pig Of The Hut

Whaaaat? What it is? If you don't want to openly post it here, feel free to text me or PM me.
I promise to after KIT, one of the highlights for me going to kit is watching whiteboi donkey stomp people he plays especially who don't know it. (Except flash players, that MU is free for flash)

E

Eldriken

I promise to after KIT, one of the highlights for me going to kit is watching whiteboi donkey stomp people he plays especially who don't know it. (Except flash players, that MU is free for flash)
Alright, sounds good to me. If it involves screwing up reversing wake ups, I thought Doomsday could stuff both of Zod's wake ups with a properly timed Earth Shake anyway.

Secondly, if it does involve negating wake up reversals, I wonder if it works on Doomsday's second way of reversing wake ups that makes certain wake ups whiff when doing it in this particular way instead of the standard means from Earth Shake.

An example is Flash's uppercut wake up. If you try to reverse it like you normally do, it hits you. However, off of a different set up in the corner that lets you reverse wake ups, it whiffs entirely.

Pig Of The Hut

Alright, sounds good to me. If it involves screwing up reversing wake ups, I thought Doomsday could stuff both of Zod's wake ups with a properly timed Earth Shake anyway.

Secondly, if it does involve negating wake up reversals, I wonder if it works on Doomsday's second way of reversing wake ups that makes certain wake ups whiff when doing it in this particular way instead of the standard means from Earth Shake.

An example is Flash's uppercut wake up. If you try to reverse it like you normally do, it hits you. However, off of a different set up in the corner that lets you reverse wake ups, it whiffs entirely.
Interesting, I feel this info removes all setups entirely in the corner in terms of reversal Wakeup glitches. So it then forces every dd to be 100% on point w raw stuffings

But u see then there's this "other" thing that completely removes stuffings all together, no pushblock, no blocking in fact, lol. I promise I'll txt u when I'm at KIT if my friend says I can share then.

Also I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, relearning MUs , re-warming up. If u wanna play anytime id love games. Been playing hella w hysteria whiteboi cowboy and dab to get ready again and I'm nowhere near where I need to be but it's possible I can

I'll take all the games I can get w people I like