What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 10: Locked n Loaded, Vortexes, $1000 MM proposals, Rico Joins in too!

Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?

• P2W

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • General M2dave

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Forever King

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • GGa 16 bit

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Newbiesauce

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • PimPimJIm

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

Vinci212

Hungry Game Dev
It is a shame to hear the tier discussion in the podcast have so much contradiction within a span of 5 minutes. "Top two Martian Manhunter and Aquaman" Who is low tier? "My knee jerk reaction is to say its too early to tell". The reality of this situation, no matter who you are, pro status or not, is that it IS too early to tell where anyone is on the tier list. If we were to make a spreadsheet, that listed all the characters and their safe, abusable moves/strings, and the combo conversions you could get off of said abusable move/strings, there would be more than two characters that can catch you mid to full screen and take you for a ride, and be able to set up some gimick or vortex to possibly wash, rinse, repeat. Please stop weighing the conversation of tier lists, picking out two characters, and wonder why no one is representing other characters at tournaments and online. When you believe there is still an arbitrary top two at this fighiting game and constantly spread this belief, you will just hamstring the community into wanting to pick only the "top" characters. This has to be one of the most balanced fighting games out now, and the sooner that people get away from listing top five and top 2 I am sure you will see an increase in the already diverse player / character pool. ( I know it is fun to list top 2 at the pro pajama parties during tournaments when the lights are off, but keep it offline gentlemen ;)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm a fan of long sets.

Then again...I've said many times that I'll play anyone. Ever. I will admit to wanting to take a break after maybe 30 or 40 games because around that time, my brain needs a break.

RunwayMafia

We need another long set where I get frustrated with Killer Frost again.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Holy shit,I've got 2 OBS shows to catch up on,the latest ktp,Brady cast and now this to listen too.jesus! Doing my housework and painting the garage next week is going to be alot more entertaining than I thought.

Omg...im listening now..had to hit pause...Ra Helios...lol. Dont judge the CW community off of solely playing him. You still havent played mine...dom chalant, rainbow pride or 16 bit's...we do walk among you.

we are not... its just the only legit CW we have exp against. i know bit is good

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
10 matches is not enough for anyone to learn the matchups. When I am actually trying to learn a matchup I usually aim for 30-50 if I am completely unfamiliar with it.

Played Toms aquaman twice for over 30 sets each. First time got bodied pretty good, second time still lost but the margin was tighter...if we play again who knows.

You learn matchup specific things and find your weak points over time. You also develop a meta. You learn the trigonometry of fighting games this way.

If Opponent Does A and I do B it will equal C.

Only time I don't go for long sets is if the connection is just total balls. Even then I will try to withstand at least 10 matches.
It depends on the game

This game.... you probably can hash out a MU very quickly. Then its basically "What is the player going to do with this character" rather than "Shit I don't know that setup."

I think you and I are a great example of this when we don't play our mains.

I agree with everything you said and I can't add anymore to it.
I may quote it three more times so people actually read it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why do you downplay the guy? Why should we ignore someone elses opinion when it's oposite to yours?
YOu don't have to
But he crushes almost every good discussion

His tech is good
his forum foo is bad.

I don't want to read it, so I ignore it. Even though i can read half the posts here and see where someone is replying to him.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
"Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?"

Tough luck Pig, haha Good Podcasting as per usual, Will post more when i'm done though.

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
100% yes

I think this could add a lot of excitement to people's weeklys

Huge Wildcard and it'd be hype to watch, even if someone doesnt agree w the idea they would still really want to watch

How many people would watch AKA Next friday Featuring KDZ via online?
i would watch because he is one of my favorite players

Kocano

Noob
Hope p2w is not a guest again. With the amount of trash that came out of his mouth and with how pig was match dodging for fear of being downloaded it actually was good to hear dave as the equalizer especially when rico joined it really sounds like animosity=jealousy when it comes to p2w i guess that happens when you dont get to wear the pants at home and try to enforce your word like its the gospel on people.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I have and continue to herald Injustice as one of my favorite fighting games, if not games of this current generation. It have complexity, depth, and I never would have thought with my love for MK9 that I would prefer this game. This though, does not mean that those who prefer MK9 do so only due to not being as good in Injustice, or due to issues with the game. It just means that NRS did a better than expected job at differentiating this title from it's predecessor. It isn't 'MK9 with DC characters'. While it's a shame that certain community quirks/ individuals and technical problems and mishaps with the game itself as opposed to the mechanics have caused the negativity it does have, I think it's not as highlighted or prevalent as one might expect.

What I continue to be puzzled by, however, is when people ask me the question: Who do you use in Injustice?
I can't for the life of me understand the question. How can ANYONE have an answer to that question in a game where Killer Frost is present, NOT be Killer Frost? I don't understand, and think I'm being left out of an inside joke.
Injustice(Killer Frost) 4 lyfe.

AK Pig Of The Hut
Might take time off work just to see you play live at NEC. Gonna be HYPE. I would shake your hand good luck, but I don't want you to brake it ;_;

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I have a totally different view. I absolutely detest "First to ___" whatevers; I'm a LOOOOOOONG set kind of guy. You see, in a first to ten, it's like the very beginning to a show. You only pick up a few habits committed by the player, and very little knowledge of the opponent (character). Essentially nothing is beneficial from a FT10 except to see who can win 10 matches first. Playing long sets allows for both players to adapt to one another and thus learning the MU...

My point is this; If I were to do a first to 10 against a good Ares player using my KF, I'd probably lose. Not because the MU is bad, but because I know nothing about fighting Ares. It would take me days of playing long sets to start to understand the core aspects of that particular MU. Just my perspective ;)
AMEN BROTHER, AMEN!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
you know why i like this show way more than KTP?

I CAN ACTUALLY READ WHAT ITS ABOUT BEFORE LOOKING THROUGH A 3 HOUR VIDEO WITH RANDOM CONVERSATIONS EVERY 10 MINS

Hope p2w is not a guest again. With the amount of trash that came out of his mouth and with how pig was match dodging for fear of being downloaded it actually was good to hear dave as the equalizer especially when rico joined it really sounds like animosity=jealousy when it comes to p2w i guess that happens when you dont get to wear the pants at home and try to enforce your word like its the gospel on people.
AK Pig Of The Hut