What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 10: Locked n Loaded, Vortexes, $1000 MM proposals, Rico Joins in too!

Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?

• P2W

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • General M2dave

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Forever King

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • GGa 16 bit

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Newbiesauce

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • PimPimJIm

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yes but playing 10 matches has the same effect as playing 30 matches. That's what I'm trying to get at. You said it yourself, most top players can do it in the first round. So after potentially 19 rounds, do they really have that much to continue learning from? A FT10 should suffice for much of anything involved with player habits imo, and it gives the best outlook of playing the actual match-up instead of just the player.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doombawkz You should play as much as possible when you get the chance, especially offline. 10 matches isn't enough to really learn or develop much unless you have grinded the matchup a ton already.
If I beat you in a first to 10, will you play the same way in a tournament when facing me?
I'd hope not. So why should I waste 300 matches learning to fight a player that, in reality, I'll never end up fighting the same way again?

AK Pig Of The Hut Appreciate the shoutout haha, I see your point about online sets though. For example when we played I went up, then you blew me up, really had a lack of that matchup knowledge. Basically my gimmicks at the beginning and yours at the end. You need to learn everything that character can do, or all of a sudden you're sitting there down half a life bar not knowing what's going on. It's there for training purposes, sure it feels nice to get a win. But if I've beat someone in a set to 5 with gimmicks do I really feel like I accomplished anything?

On that note, we really need to get another set in, I haven't got to really play a Zod that's challenged me since.

Nothing against Max, no issue saying he's the Bane to beat, but really have to play a lot more games in order to figure it out. Half is the player and half is the character.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
AK Pig Of The Hut Appreciate the shoutout haha, I see your point about online sets though. For example when we played I went up, then you blew me up, really had a lack of that matchup knowledge. Basically my gimmicks at the beginning and yours at the end. You need to learn everything that character can do, or all of a sudden you're sitting there down half a life bar not knowing what's going on. It's there for training purposes, sure it feels nice to get a win. But if I've beat someone in a set to 5 with gimmicks do I really feel like I accomplished anything?

On that note, we really need to get another set in, I haven't got to really play a Zod that's challenged me since.

Nothing against Max, no issue saying he's the Bane to beat, but really have to play a lot more games in order to figure it out. Half is the player and half is the character.
Absolutely and thanks

Hopefully we can play a lot soon

Need to exchange # or something or we need to schedule a set, I really want to play with you again. First set was awesome.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Matchups at high level take thousands upon thousands of matches to develop.
Yes, and I'll play you in more sets to 10 after I've taken what I've learned, labbed it, and come back with answers. I'll do it until I've learned the answers to the answers of my answers. If it takes me 100 matches to learn I can b.23 Aquaman on his wake-up to blow through every option he has, when it could've taken me 10 matches and 5 minutes of lab time after I realized the more pressing issues, I'll be learning slower by grinding it out because I won't have any real time to reflect and research.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying never play, but I'm saying playing an unevolved opponent 100 times is robbing yourself of playing a constantly evolving opponent 10 matches at a time. Playing the MU 1000 times without taking enough time to actually work on yourself isn't "high level". The higher levels are achieved by overcoming an opponent whom can be a different, better player every time you fight them.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I mean, your name is DOOMbawkz and you don't play Doomsday.

Plus, Nightwing Sajam sounds funny.
... My name comes from PSASBR. I used to main Parappa, and his level 3 was "I gotta believe ft. Doombox" so I rolled with it.

Sajam sounds funny in general.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm actually a fan of both podcasts...but I just love the duo of Pig and Dave.

Also, I need to be a guest on this show for NUMEROUS reasons. I'm one of the most popular (socially, at least) online/semi offline players who knows like everyone, lol. I have some of the best offline stories (like how several people thought I was "the community bike" in Reo's riddle), lol. Plus I can downplay Frost and up-play Hawkgirl like the best of them. ;)

Going to bed with this tonight! ;)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
man after hearing that flash segment i can not fucking wait till NEC. you ask the west coast who the best flash is, its legend, you ask midwest, its master d, you ask the south its harold, you ask east coast its me. well i've said it before but i'll say it again and if i get blown up for it then so be it. I invented the character, people who haven't played me recently like playing to win and whoever can say whatever they want, i will guarantee me out placing and or beating every single flash player at NEC, which ever flash players will be there. i also guarantee i will not lose to a sinestro at NEC. in casuals, in tournament, in pokemon x or y, in arm wrestling. if am wrong then hey blow me up IDGAF, but if am right, well now you're just gonna have to hold that. you can call it cocky or confidence, I CALL THIS SHIT HYPE.

MM Lined up already
Blind man:
Playing to Win: $50

i wanna bring some extra hype to NEC, if you don't agree with my statement or how i go about it, then you don't know what hype is.

AK Pig Of The Hut
General M2Dave
@playing t0 win
@all the flash players and sinestro players.

i wanna see some damn hype at NEC DAMNIT!.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
If I beat you in a first to 10, will you play the same way in a tournament when facing me?
I'd hope not. So why should I waste 300 matches learning to fight a player that, in reality, I'll never end up fighting the same way again?
I have a totally different view. I absolutely detest "First to ___" whatevers; I'm a LOOOOOOONG set kind of guy. You see, in a first to ten, it's like the very beginning to a show. You only pick up a few habits committed by the player, and very little knowledge of the opponent (character). Essentially nothing is beneficial from a FT10 except to see who can win 10 matches first. Playing long sets allows for both players to adapt to one another and thus learning the MU...

My point is this; If I were to do a first to 10 against a good Ares player using my KF, I'd probably lose. Not because the MU is bad, but because I know nothing about fighting Ares. It would take me days of playing long sets to start to understand the core aspects of that particular MU. Just my perspective ;)