What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 10: Locked n Loaded, Vortexes, $1000 MM proposals, Rico Joins in too!

Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?

• P2W

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • General M2dave

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Forever King

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • GGa 16 bit

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Newbiesauce

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • PimPimJIm

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I forgot to bring up while recording Vagrant beat heroic legacy w DS who Dave lost to at UFGT and said hold that m2dave

Even Dave laughed as he realized too now awesome that was

This happened during pre show recordings

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why do you guys argue with doom?
Just ignore him and notice that most discussions are pretty good.
Who is arguing? We're putting our outlooks on why people play shorter sets vs longer sets, plain and simple. If no one goes out of their way to disagree with why I feel shorter sets are better, then no "argument" happens.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm a fan of long sets.

Then again...I've said many times that I'll play anyone. Ever. I will admit to wanting to take a break after maybe 30 or 40 games because around that time, my brain needs a break.

RunwayMafia

We need another long set where I get frustrated with Killer Frost again.
Yes, for sure. And I know you love my HawkGirl as well. I'd love to play but you are always playing Batman: Origins or whatever...is that game good by the way? Is catwoman or Poison Ivy in it?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
PLAYING TO W1N AK Pig Of The Hut General M2Dave

When I said that Sinestro has shitty offense, I meant more in terms of the neutral game. He has no legitimate 50/50 mixups, his throw range sucks, and once he gets in his block strings are negative (he can only pressure when he has trait). Vortexing people off of a shackles is not the same as true offense.

Also, I obviously do not stand back and throw projectiles against characters like Martian, Scorpion, and Frost (don't confuse me with Dave ;)) . I have gameplans against them that allow me to do pretty well.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What about ares?
Lol no

6-4 ZOD min

Played mr Aquaman and reayon

Not close and online ares get away w murder and none will play more than 2 games in ranked win or loss

The online ares players are jokes other than my friends like downfourtality

That online community are the biggest bunch of chx shits

PLAYING TO W1N AK Pig Of The Hut General M2Dave

When I said that Sinestro has shitty offense, I meant more in terms of the neutral game. He has no legitimate 50/50 mixups, his throw range sucks, and once he gets in and his block strings are negative (he can only pressure when he has trait). Vortexing people off of a shackles is not the same as true offense.

Also, I obviously do not stand back and throw projectiles against characters like Martian, Scorpion, and Frost (don't confuse me with Dave ;)) . I have gameplans against them that allow me to do pretty well.
i hear ya... i was only responding to m2daves question. and ya... u better have a gameplan

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good offense does not mean 50/50 mixup and the lack of it being shitty. That is a bad way of thinking.

Sinestro has a forward advancing launcher that can be used in footsies to blow up whiffed attacks. His uppercut is really good and leads to a 50/50 or building trait.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm still listening to it but I think a good idea for making sure their connection is decent before playing is to have them go to pingtest.net and select Atlanta, GA on the map. Then look at their ping. If it's over 100 ms, i'd say that is unacceptable, IMO. I personally wouldn't want to do anything over 50 ms though, if you feel like you can be picky enough. Also, selecting Atlanta is important because the distance is a big factor for some people. Having them ping a server close to them doesn't mean too much, pinging an Atlanta server will give a much better idea of what the actual latency would be comperable to. For example, my connection right now gives 7 ms ping for connection to Chicago, while it gives 24 ms for connection to Atlanta. While connections won't be the same as the server used for these tests, using the Atlanta location should help give a decent approximation.

Down/Up speeds not so important for online gaming. My college dorm had the best connection for online gaming i've had ever used, and it had less than 1 MB Down/Up. I played WoW Arena seriously at the time and I had the lowest ping of anyone during those days.

So my suggestion for this, if you have it implemented, is to have the prospective players:
1) Go to pingtest.net
2) Select Atlanta, GA as the server
3) Run the test
4) Post the results

P.S. I have a degree in Network Technologies that I don't use for my job.

AK Pig Of The Hut

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sinestro also has many ways to set-up his distance game and put his opponent into the zones where Sinestro is strongest, being the mid-far range where he can snag trait and become a juggernaut at all zones.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Good offense does not mean 50/50 mixup and the lack of it being shitty. That is a bad way of thinking.

Sinestro has a forward advancing launcher that can be used in footsies to blow up whiffed attacks. His uppercut is really good and leads to a 50/50 or building trait.
Those things in no way resemble offense. His advancing launcher is negative on block, which gives him no continued offense. Being able to whiff punish or AA people is not offense, it's defense if anything.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I'm still listening to it but I think a good idea for making sure their connection is decent before playing is to have them go to pingtest.net and select Atlanta, GA on the map. Then look at their ping. If it's over 100 ms, i'd say that is unacceptable, IMO. I personally wouldn't want to do anything over 50 ms though, if you feel like you can be picky enough. For example, my connection right now gives 7 ms ping for connection to Chicago, while it gives 24 ms for connection to Atlanta. While connections won't be the same as the server used for these tests, using the Atlanta location should help give a decent approximation.

Down/Up speeds not so important for online gaming. My college dorm had the best connection for online gaming i've had ever used, and it had less than 1 MB Down/Up. I played WoW Arena seriously at the time and I had the lowest ping of anyone during those days.

So my suggestion for this, if you have it implemented, is to have the prospective players:
1) Go to pingtest.net
2) Select Atlanta, GA as the server
3) Run the test
4) Post the results

P.S. I have a degree in Network Technologies that I don't use for my job.

AK Pig Of The Hut

Yay I have good ping.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
To have good offense imo, you need either 50/50s or a way to stay in your opponent's face. Sinestro has neither unless he has trait.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Lol no

6-4 ZOD min

Played mr Aquaman and reayon

Not close and online ares get away w murder and none will play more than 2 games in ranked win or loss

The online ares players are jokes other than my friends like downfourtality

That online community are the biggest bunch of chx shits
Wich ares players are you talking about? All the ones i know are cool. And i would love to play long set vs you, why wouldn't i, its the best way to level up :/