What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 10: Locked n Loaded, Vortexes, $1000 MM proposals, Rico Joins in too!

Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?

• P2W

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • General M2dave

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Forever King

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • GGa 16 bit

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Newbiesauce

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • PimPimJIm

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

MP3 VERSION:
https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_action=app/orchestrateDownload&rurl=https://www.hightail.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=2376321526&email=0c4226271d74a1a9ef81b8d9d224e6cf

The tenth episode of the widely loved Kryptonite Council is here, and boy is it packed to the brim with topics you're gonna want to tune in to! This includes a proposal for a thousand-dollar money match, competitive feuds, general discussions, and more to be hinted to in the details that follow! Thanks to AK Pig Of The Hut for bringing us another dose of hype to keep our days going.

- AK GamerBlake

This is a MUST LISTEN Episode that contains so much hype, $1000 MM proposal, drama, good discussions, etc. Enjoy!

Comment as you listen to take it all in.

On The Show: RDK AK Pig of the Hut, General M2Dave, @Playing 2 w1n And Rico Suave joins the call

Welcoming Guest P2W + Pig's Big Announcements (PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS)

Post Patch talk

Whose top 5 In our eyes and why?

MMH talk

Has NRS created a well balanced game?

Who is possibly not viable?

RTD Shoutout

Sinestro: How Viable he is and Where does he stand in the future of the game?

TFC salt

Hotfix Talk, How necessary was it to get it fixed now?

KTP Talk, Scorpion Talk, Etc.

P2w and M2dave thoughts on Scorpion and GGA Slips and GGA 16 Bit might have a hernia
here

Deathstroke Talk

"Is Zod the Kabal of Injustice" K7L33THA

A lot of Zod talk

A good bit of Match Up talk

TFC Special moment w trait glitch

Woundcowboy said "Pig is Emotional" How do I respond?

Tom's Bradycast Thoughts

Tom Discussion

Rico Suave vs Playing 2 W1n Drama

Rico's Suave Facebook post discussion

$1000.00 Money Match Proposal Confirmed - Encourage the one it is made to on twitter to do it!

Should injustice be 2/3 or 3/5 and why?

P2W Talks Frame data in the game

P2W Talks Alt vs MK Controls in the game and blows it up

Pig Blows up a major fault in the game

Playing 2 W1n vs Zyphox Hype Drama

P2W Calls out Flash Community

AK Harold Flash

Bane talk - He is coming and evolving especially w more representation

Why do people put Quota on games (Example: Max Intensity FT10)

Online Mentality (YO BRO FIRST TO #, LETS GO)

Advice to Level Up

Rico Suave Joins the call and lets it all out

Rico and Dave asks Why does Pig avoid playing casual games with some members of the community?

P2w vs Rico

Youmacon and Nec talk

Life after Gaming - A serious talk about Life and Gaming

Where are the origins of our Gamertag?

Mortal Kombat Deception Started US all and Please Read STB Shujinkydink write ups which are excellent.

Major Props and Shout outs EMPEROR_THEO

Youmacon Winner is __________

Pig Of The Hut

do you have it already? its been a week and i see improvement every single day man, you'll get it man, i trust your dexterity.
got it today
Started today

Im going to practice MUs and all for NEC 3-4 hours a day and hitbox 1-2 hours a day starting soon

But for now at least a hour a day

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Looks like GGA is not going to Youmacon. Will know later but looking grim.

Will listen tomorrow. Looking forward to Dave's antics.

zaf

professor
got it today
Started today

Im going to practice MUs and all for NEC 3-4 hours a day and hitbox 1-2 hours a day starting soon

But for now at least a hour a day
Why have you stopped using pad?

EDIT: If the answer is in the podcast, then just ignore me for now. I am at work and I have no sound, so I can not listen to this right now.

pherleece

Woolay
AK Pig Of The Hut i love the idea of adding in a online player. i have a godlike connection but we all know im a scrub, lol. we want to do weeklies in Long Island again and it would be cool to have you enter online. are you bringing recording equipment to NEC?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
AK Pig Of The Hut

I think the reason Max plays a first to 10 is because of the same reason I tend not to play extended sets too.
By the time you're on your 20th match, you're no longer playing Bane vs ____ But you're playing You vs the other player.

Like after 10 matches, you've got a good read on opponent habits and you can take that and lab it up, but after you've played 20 games you're literally just seeing who can keep surprising the other player, because by that point you're playing off each other's specific weaknesses instead of the character vs another character.

Like if I played your Zod and after 10 matches I noticed you like to wake-up with Zod charge every time I end a combo with Body press, for the next 10 matches I'll be hitting you with a b.23 after Body Press, not because I think its the best option against Zod, but because its the best option against you. etc etc.

I doubt its because he thinks he is better than you, the guy is humble as all hell.

Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut i love the idea of adding in a online player. i have a godlike connection but we all know im a scrub, lol. we want to do weeklies in Long Island again and it would be cool to have you enter online. are you bringing recording equipment to NEC?
100% yes

I think this could add a lot of excitement to people's weeklys

Huge Wildcard and it'd be hype to watch, even if someone doesnt agree w the idea they would still really want to watch

How many people would watch AKA Next friday Featuring KDZ via online?

Pig Of The Hut

AK Pig Of The Hut

I think the reason Max plays a first to 10 is because of the same reason I tend not to play extended sets too.
By the time you're on your 20th match, you're no longer playing Bane vs ____ But you're playing You vs the other player.

Like after 10 matches, you've got a good read on opponent habits and you can take that and lab it up, but after you've played 20 games you're literally just seeing who can keep surprising the other player, because by that point you're playing off each other's specific weaknesses instead of the character vs another character.

Like if I played your Zod and after 10 matches I noticed you like to wake-up with Zod charge every time I end a combo with Body press, for the next 10 matches I'll be hitting you with a b.23 after Body Press, not because I think its the best option against Zod, but because its the best option against you. etc etc.
Either way is fine for me

I want to always play 30-100 matches to grind out, get all the Bullshit gimmicks out the way in first 5-10 games and just get to the nitty gritty

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
AK Pig Of The Hut

That's exactly what I like is when it comes down to you vs the other player. This kind of play makes you a better player IMO... you can learn matchups by yourself in training mode for Injustice... what comes to surprise you in tournament isn't the character, it's the player.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's exactly what I like is when it comes down to you vs the other player. This kind of play makes you a better player IMO... you can learn matchups by yourself in training mode for Injustice... what comes to surprise you in tournament isn't the character, it's the player.
Although true, grinding out a match up against one person will develop horrible habits when fighting anyone else using the same character. If you fought Max, and then took what you learned and tried to fight Bipolar, you'd get blown to shit. Likewise, if you played me and tried to take that and apply it to Max, same result.

Learning the player isn't worth it since you'll fight them, at most, 2 times in a tournament and that's all. You have to learn the character and not force yourself into exploiting personal habits because the other 10 people you have to fight that tourney won't all be playing the same. Imagine trying to fight Theo like you'd fight KDZ. That should give the best example, as the two are literally entirely different spectrum ends of Superman and plenty of people have lost to Theo trying to fight him as though he was KDZ.

Either way is fine for me

I want to always play 30-100 matches to grind out, get all the Bullshit gimmicks out the way in first 5-10 games and just get to the nitty gritty
I can understand that, but its like you said "I need to play things I can't play, so that I can play them later" (paraphrased).

After 30 matches, you're literally only playing the same few chords you learned in the first 10 or 15 matches. The growth hits a stopper after so many matches because, as I said, you're no longer playing the match so much as playing on each other's weaknesses and not much else.

Also never play me, because I have enough gimmicks for like... 200 matches.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Doombawkz True, but playing long sets and learning how to figure out fighting the player and discovering habits as soon as possible is a crucial ability any top player needs to have. Most of the top players in any fighting game can do this in the first round.

So the more you play the long sets, the quicker you can pick up on the "player" aspect and then it comes back down to the matchup and becomes high level.

Pig Of The Hut

Although true, grinding out a match up against one person will develop horrible habits when fighting anyone else using the same character. If you fought Max, and then took what you learned and tried to fight Bipolar, you'd get blown to shit. Likewise, if you played me and tried to take that and apply it to Max, same result.

Learning the player isn't worth it since you'll fight them, at most, 2 times in a tournament and that's all. You have to learn the character and not force yourself into exploiting personal habits because the other 10 people you have to fight that tourney won't all be playing the same. Imagine trying to fight Theo like you'd fight KDZ. That should give the best example, as the two are literally entirely different spectrum ends of Superman and plenty of people have lost to Theo trying to fight him as though he was KDZ.

I can understand that, but its like you said "I need to play things I can't play, so that I can play them later" (paraphrased).

After 30 matches, you're literally only playing the same few chords you learned in the first 10 or 15 matches. The growth hits a stopper after so many matches because, as I said, you're no longer playing the match so much as playing on each other's weaknesses and not much else.

Also never play me, because I have enough gimmicks for like... 200 matches.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Doombawkz True, but playing long sets and learning how to figure out fighting the player and discovering habits as soon as possible is a crucial ability any top player needs to have. Most of the top players in any fighting game can do this in the first round.

So the more you play the long sets, the quicker you can pick up on the "player" aspect and then it comes back down to the matchup and becomes high level.
Yes but playing 10 matches has the same effect as playing 30 matches. That's what I'm trying to get at. You said it yourself, most top players can do it in the first round. So after potentially 19 rounds, do they really have that much to continue learning from? A FT10 should suffice for much of anything involved with player habits imo, and it gives the best outlook of playing the actual match-up instead of just the player.

Especially considering it gives a fake window effect. You play 300 rounds with someone and win, chances are that person will figure out how to counteract you and next time you play it'll be a whole new person. Unless you are saying no one develops, then its no point to wasting 300 matches when next time you fight it won't be the same exact carbon copy character. When you meet in the tournament, trying to do the same as you did in that FT150 set will probably get you blown up.