What's new

Kotal Kahn General Discussion

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don't feel any of those matchups outside of erron is too bad.
Depends on your definition of "not to bad". With latency 150+ ms which is common Liu Kang can loop his string lmao and KB on my d3. Scorpion Reborn is more of annoyance then bad match up but a good Geras is pretty much gg for me and thank god i didnt encounter (yet) any Zonya coz that MU is really bad (so is Cassie and Jacqui imo).

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Depends on your definition of "not to bad". With latency 150+ ms which is common Liu Kang can loop his string lmao and KB on my d3. Scorpion Reborn is more of annoyance then bad match up but a good Geras is pretty much gg for me and thank god i didnt encounter (yet) any Zonya coz that MU is really bad (so is Cassie and Jacqui imo).
I meant just the matchups, not with lag on top.

Second local 0 and 2 as totemic.

Had a very difficult time with geras closing out rounds. Was always down to last 40 percent and couldn't close it out. May try Ascension, but his attack speed is difficult to deal with. He is very easy to whiff punish so may need to be more patient.

Lost to scorpion but was mostly just me losing. Nothing stood out, if anything I think kotal is good vs searing rage. Should be able to out neutral him pretty hard. Definitely Ascension here, I don't think totemic has any value as teleport nullifies most the tools and panther dash doesn't add much in this mu. The sunlight is good with life lead but Ascension can still light to almost better effect because of how scorpions combos work.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Yeah, I've pretty much decided I CANNOT play Totemic. I have to have the command grab. I cannot generate and offense whatsoever with Totemic.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Can anyone provide some footage of them fighting against (and beating/outplaying) a decent-level Scorpion? I have a lot of trouble against this character (both variations, but Reborn especially).

I want to try but I lose to scorpion players I play because they are better than me lol. If you play scorpion too we can do some matches

Can someone pls explain to me why kahn-cut does less dmg after B22 then after F24? Funny thing tho, both b22 and f24 do exact same dmg, same number of hits ,more or less same range ... Was that intentionaly made ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Amazing play. And for the record, he hit Hayatei with every single unblockable attack. So to those people who say "Kotal's 41-frame unblockable doesn't work against high-level players", think again!
For the record, it assumes that high lvl players know the matchup. Hayatei obviously didn't.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
For the record, it assumes that high lvl players know the matchup. Hayatei obviously didn't.
Everyone knows kotal has a slow unblockable. When used sparingly at at the right times such as after breakaways and against delayed wus it can still catch anyone

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Listen man, Hayatei went to CEO to compete in MK11, as did FuriousPillow, as did everyone else. Maybe he did know the MU, maybe he didn't, all that I can say is that both these men knew what was at stake when they signed up and sat down to play. So imo, "I didn't know the MU" is an OS and an alternate way of saying "I didn't prepare well enough", which is part of being a strong competitive player

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Listen man, Hayatei went to CEO to compete in MK11, as did FuriousPillow, as did everyone else. Maybe he did know the MU, maybe he didn't, all that I can say is that both these men knew what was at stake when they signed up and sat down to play. So imo, "I didn't know the MU" is an OS and an alternate way of saying "I didn't prepare well enough", which is part of being a strong competitive player
Nobody is OSing anyone. The argument was that if you know the matchup and you're aware of his setups, you can punish the unblockable 90% of the time. You comparing someone who hasn't played vs kotal or knows his setups as proof against those arguments is literally the opposite of logic.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Nobody is OSing anyone. The argument was that if you know the matchup and you're aware of his setups, you can punish the unblockable 90% of the time. You comparing someone who hasn't played vs kotal or knows his setups as proof against those arguments is literally the opposite of logic.
If you choose to enter a huge, major tournament, and do not prepare for a particular MU, that's your choice, and the outcome of that set(s) is on you. Have you spoken to Hayatei? Has he confirmed to you that he doesn't know the Kotal MU and/or Kotal's setups?