What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So uh, I hate to say this, but wow lol.

I’ve been using Kabal lately just because he’s fun and stuff, and when I switched back to Kitana, it really hit me how outclassed she is.

I’m not saying she’s as bad as most people make her seem, nor am I saying she’s as good as a few make her, but it took me playing Kabal to realize all the things she’s missing.

Kabal is literally a better version of her. They do the EXACT same things, yet he just does it way better.

Elias6999

Mournful Master

I’ve been using Kabal lately just because he’s fun and stuff, and when I switched back to Kitana, it really hit me how outclassed she is.

I’m not saying she’s as bad as most people make her seem, nor am I saying she’s as good as a few make her, but it took me playing Kabal to realize all the things she’s missing.

Kabal is literally a better version of her. They do the EXACT same things, yet he just does it way better.
At this point i’d say Kitana is on the bottom end of the tier list. She isn’t bad, but almost everyone outclasses her in some area she’s supposed to excel in

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
After perusing this thread, I guess I need to hit the lab.
BC I been straight WORKED by the last two Kitanas I played, and only at champion level. Those fans are so damn fast lol

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Midscreen I use b231 to whiff punish pokes often, in the corner too. In the corner when I get a knock down I shimmy to try and bait a wakeup and whiff punish with b231 but it sucks how they can jump out If you don’t time it right causing you to get full combo punished. Maybe you have an easier time with the others because their main whiff punish tool isn’t a dial in? B231 is also pretty good at catching people throwing out strings out of range too it seems like. I feel like I whiff punish more with b231 than b1
Thanks for the reply! :). I can also whiffpunish wakeups with b213 and people mashing d2 or something like that. But when it comes to a string a character inputs, let's say kabal, Jade , Cassie , skarlet that whiffs in the neutral and I wanna punish them for it, my b231 won't ever get them and I'll get hit by the end of their string. Is it my timing or something? I just can't do it with the mid-low-mid. Is the low supposed to be low profiling them?

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215

I always wondered why his projectile has that knockdown effect that kitana’s fan has only in the air. But his is grounded

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Thanks for the reply! :). I can also whiffpunish wakeups with b213 and people mashing d2 or something like that. But when it comes to a string a character inputs, let's say kabal, Jade , Cassie , skarlet that whiffs in the neutral and I wanna punish them for it, my b231 won't ever get them and I'll get hit by the end of their string. Is it my timing or something? I just can't do it with the mid-low-mid. Is the low supposed to be low profiling them?
Honestly I have trouble fighting Jade & Kabal with Kitana as well so it’s definitely an uphill battle for me. Especially Kabal he just really makes me feel like I can’t press any button. I never really get matched against skarlet, & Cassie is well she’s just Cassie. But personally I feel like she’s easier to fight than the other 3.

Hot_DNA

Noob
Midscreen I use b231 to whiff punish pokes often, in the corner too. In the corner when I get a knock down I shimmy to try and bait a wakeup and whiff punish with b231 but it sucks how they can jump out If you don’t time it right causing you to get full combo punished. Maybe you have an easier time with the others because their main whiff punish tool isn’t a dial in? B231 is also pretty good at catching people throwing out strings out of range too it seems like. I feel like I whiff punish more with b231 than b1
Are u from Philly? I was a kitana main since mk2..I dropped her this game, but we can def get some sets in

Espio

Kokomo

Playing Kabal will change your life if you play Kitana or Jade lol. No flawless block gaps is life among the other lovely incentives.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
You would b231 would be a good meaty attack. Maybe if they changed B2 from a mid into a true overhead, it would be a better oki.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
That wouldn’t do anything lol they would still jump it and punish
Yeah I forgot about that lol I learned that the hard way today :p I still truly believe B2 should be an overhead though. It was in X but I guess they traded it for a BnB starter. Tnh the only consistent meaty for me has been B13 & B131. Even if they block it, the adv makes it still your turn unless the opponent has a long reachimg 6f move.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yeah I forgot about that lol I learned that the hard way today :p I still truly believe B2 should be an overhead though. It was in X but I guess they traded it for a BnB starter. Tnh the only consistent meaty for me has been B13 & B131. Even if they block it, the adv makes it still your turn unless the opponent has a long reachimg 6f move.
What advantage? She’s not plus on block after that. It’s definitely not your turn lol.
You’re safe yea but they can attack before you can.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
B2 as an OH would be dumb at i think 17f startup. For reference, Sub's f2 is 19f. They would have to increase it's startup frames which would weaken it's whiff punish ability.

I mean I'm not opposed to it being an overhead, but i don't think it would happen XD

kevkopdx

Noob
There’s a Kitana tower up with a brutality called Sisters Strength, I believe it’s a new one? Tower is up for 1.5 hours more