What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So can the princess really not break 200 midscreen in Highborn?
B14 razors (3 fans) does over 200
If you land a jump punch, b231 razors does over 200
Well.. Her Highborne sai KB now lets you get a jump in after.. That's cool I guess..

BTW, found a hilarious new hitbox issue where all the razors don't connect on females if Kitana is on the left side.

slow clap
No one asked for that tho lol. I guess NRS testers have shitty execution because none of us complained about how “hard” it was to combo from it.
And of top of that, what’s the point of making it easier to combo from it when the KB is next to impossible to land against anyone who has a brain

It’s nice seeing the damage against the AI tho.

Thanks @DarksydeDash for the time. I really believe highborn is buffed overall. If the prepatch match up assessment by the community was even remotely true she should be a monster now.

The myriad of options she can go-to now in her pressure is overwhelming. I need to digest all the information, but I think it is solid enough if I just get 4 of the pressure strings down if be good. I need to watch more of you guys or play y'all to understand her neutral better.

Also her wavedash is really good wtf.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Thanks @DarksydeDash for the time. I really believe highborn is buffed overall. If the prepatch match up assessment by the community was even remotely true she should be a monster now.

The myriad of options she can go-to now in her pressure is overwhelming. I need to digest all the information, but I think it is solid enough if I just get 4 of the pressure strings down if be good. I need to watch more of you guys or play y'all to understand her neutral better.

Also her wavedash is really good wtf.
Anytime! :)

You helped me a lot too and now im a god in KL!

Found a vid that explains what we labbed but doesn't cover the mindgame of b23 razors and 231 razors

gitblame

Noob
I haven't decided yet if Kitana is just solid now or super stupid and good. I was playing mostly Fan-fare before patch and post-patch Highborn seems like stagger monster compared to fan-fare. Having razors and stance cancel makes every string like B231, B14, B13 a super solid stagger. It seems really hard for oponnent to be ready for all situations. I don't know how it will evolve, but people so far feel high urge to poke after blocked edenian razors so it's easy to bait pokes and get your B14 xx edenian razors again. Chip damage seem absurd. I might have won today more rounds chiping people out than collective from release.

xKhaoTik

Imo highborn is kinda brain dead. You can always confirm into razors and be plus 1 on block or be plus 25 on hit
Nope. You’re not always +1 and it doesn’t even jail. +1 on block doesn’t mean anything for kitana anyways except for a frame perfect d3. Razors can get punished on block in some cases or simply backdashed and punished

People are hyping this “buff” up way too much. I’ll give it a couple weeks before people start realizing it

DarksydeDash

Nope. You’re not always +1 and it doesn’t even jail. +1 on block doesn’t mean anything for kitana anyways except for a frame perfect d3. Razors can get punished on block in some cases or simply backdashed and punished

People are hyping this “buff” up way too much. I’ll give it a couple weeks before people start realizing it
Honestly im starting to see the greatness of the random razors. Its only punishable if you hold it too long or go for neutral razors.

Also it seems to jail because i can't mash fatal blow out of it.

xKhaoTik

Honestly im starting to see the greatness of the random razors. Its only punishable if you hold it too long or go for neutral razors.

Also it seems to jail because i can't mash fatal blow out of it.
It doesn’t jail off certain strings. I know for a fact it doesn’t jail from b14

But it still has side dependent properties. I was on the right side, did b14 razors and it was interrupted. You can even backdash it

DarkSado

Noob
I haven't decided yet if Kitana is just solid now or super stupid and good. I was playing mostly Fan-fare before patch and post-patch Highborn seems like stagger monster compared to fan-fare. Having razors and stance cancel makes every string like B231, B14, B13 a super solid stagger. It seems really hard for oponnent to be ready for all situations. I don't know how it will evolve, but people so far feel high urge to poke after blocked edenian razors so it's easy to bait pokes and get your B14 xx edenian razors again. Chip damage seem absurd. I might have won today more rounds chiping people out than collective from release.
Yea same I am having more success with highborn then fan fare so far.

DarkSado

Noob

But it still has side dependent properties. I was on the right side, did b14 razors and it was interrupted. You can even backdash it
Was you holding forward doing the eidiean razor?but yea I gotta do more testing with this variation.

gitblame

Noob
Yeah, you can interrupt and backdash B14 into razors when Kitana is on the right side. Kinda sucks but it also creates mindgame. If you read someone tries to backdash you can go full B142 and get krushing blow.

DarksydeDash

Ah, I haven't tried b14 except for punishes. B13 is amazing for staggers for sure though. There is a massive delay before the second fan hits so your really mess with them, and it works on both sides.

B321 db2f is always plus 1 in the corner if you just tap the button.

Offline I'm having a very easy time with my minute one highborn. It is crazy the options she has from just the razors buff.

It was already stated by the majority that she was 5 5 with most the cast before patch. Just tack on the razor pressure and it's gotta be a contender.

I just have no idea how to play her at all. But hopefully after a month I'll catch up to you all.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I honestly think Highborn is VERY good after a lot of thinking about it. It has inconsistences but even if you can't press buttons after razors you are safe, good chip damage and that's on top of her good staggers.