What's new

Kitana General Discussion

anyone got a use for Kitanas 21 string and its followups it feels like a dead move to me having a 13 frame high that only plus +1 even with range

gitblame

Noob
Yeah. 2 and 3 could be faster. Why would you use any of those moves and strings from those moves when your B1 mid has better range, is also 13f, has better frames on block. I only use 32 in some combos. Also if 3 was faster you could do better corner combos.

2 and 21222 just have cool brutalities. No other utlity XD

Yup, I only use Back Punch for the Brutality. I never use 21222 at all. I don't think I've ever seen that Brutality, even though I have it unlocked.

Saw/performed F2222 once.

Dam I know almost every move was designed with purpose to them whether it be an anti air, pressure tool, stagger tool, or combo extender I even went as far as asking Semiij but got no resposne so I guess it is a dead move :/

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
What is the deal with Edenian razors? This moves seems absurdly inconsistent. Also what does the "remain in place: Hold forward" refer to under Razors input commands?

Also while I'm here what is Royal Protections frame data? It's listed as 5f startup and 22 recovery but the active frame data box in training mode says 60f startup/59 recovery.

Last edited:

dark55

Noob
Revert edenian razors back to high...ruined highborn only damage advantage in the corner making razors a mid.

I'm on PC, so I do not yet have the new patch, but I still think they should simply swap out some abilities for the Tournament Variations.

For Fan-Fare, replace Royal Protection with Low Fan.

For Highborn, replace Edenian Razors with, well, something that lets us retain Fan Lift. I think Edenian Razors is a cool move conceptually, but not in actual practice.

So her 21 string is an autoshimmy. Its not the best in the game in fact it might be the slowest one but its something. 21222 gives lots of hit adv 21434 is more damaging ender but gives hardly any hit adv for oki. Found some good uses with this string with the highborn variation. Would yall like me to record a vid demonstration the use of 21 and the highborn variation buffs?