What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inception

I love Kitana
Right now I'm doing 37% meterles damage from 1,1 starter but I don't have a efficient combo for when I have meter I'm looking for 40's damage for my meter #teamRoyalStorm

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Right now I'm doing 37% meterles damage from 1,1 starter but I don't have a efficient combo for when I have meter I'm looking for 40's damage for my meter #teamRoyalStorm
i wouldn't really use her meter in combos outside of the corner, but that's just me

11 ex fan, d1 fan, f43, 21 lift, jk fan, f4 TS midscreen

Inception

I love Kitana
It is more of optimization there are times when if I had that 6% damage I would have won a round when I'm sitting on 3 bars. It is more for round end situation. I'm improving things one by one. Mostly I use meter for ex ass and ts to get people off me.

Inception

I love Kitana
Did we ever figureout guaranteed chip damage strings for kitana?

I love kitana I know she has glaring weakness I can see it just snacking me in the face during certain match ups it's so obvious you have to be blind. However that's why I live in practice mode had the game a few weeks haven't even played on all the stages.

One thing that bothers me is I feel like 1,1 option select is all she has with me spacing fans footsie does not real for kitana. Anything else your susceptible to die. I mentioned previously ex ass and ts are good in spacing but is that really it everything there is.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
she has like a 18% chip string with her xray off f112 i think. somewhere around that nature. xray does 9% chip itself

Just wanna say I hate fighting full auto with Kitana. Barely clutched out a win against one here.

Also screw the PC netcode. Its hard to pull off some kombos with it.

Pistol

Noob
Nobody here is consistently hitting frame perfect standing 1 punishes, right?
Word. I'm not consistent with a 1 punish, unless it's -10. I'm going to assume that's just how this game works, unless you're working with a 10 frame or less special, or a 6 frame normal to punish a -8.

If I have a full stick a butter. I've been ending late fan lifts bnbs with b2, and cross over jump punching, Obviously, oki isn't bulletproof in this game because of late get up. If they cross cutter meterburn wakeup, then I reaction air xray after the jump in 2, by watching their enhanced meter drain. Character dependent for sure, because some wakeups are better than others. Hard to test solo, I don't have my offline training partners anymore.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So, lately I've been in the lab playing around with U+2 and it's actually.... a fairly interesting move. I put together a video to go over my main points (Please, mother of god, bare with me. It's my first video like ever lol), so you guys will have to let me know what you think. I didn't go over this in the vid, but this tech.... erm.... situational attack will also beat out most, if not all, unarmored special attacks. From there, you can go into all of the float gimmicks and mix-ups we know and love: Land into b3, throw, b14, etc.

@RunwayMafia
@Konqrr
@GGA 16 Bit
@xKhaoTik
@Laos_boy
@exflyingbooty
@GLoRToR
@The Bearded Dan
@DarksydeDash
@Eldriken
@Any and all other Kitana players

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So, lately I've been in the lab playing around with U+2 and it's actually.... a fairly interesting move. I put together a video to go over my main points (Please, mother of god, bare with me. It's my first video like ever lol), so you guys will have to let me know what you think. I didn't go over this in the vid, but this tech.... erm.... situational attack will also beat out most, if not all, unarmored special attacks. From there, you can go into all of the float gimmicks and mix-ups we know and love: Land into b3, throw, b14, etc.

@RunwayMafia
@Konqrr
@GGA 16 Bit
@xKhaoTik
@Laos_boy
@exflyingbooty
@GLoRToR
@The Bearded Dan
@DarksydeDash
Yeah, I like U2...i just wish it was faster. I antiaired a jump in with U2 once. I was drunk.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wild, I had similar thoughts about that move myself. It is interesting that float is safer than f+2,2,u+4. I kind of moved on and forgot about it though because I figured if I'm close enough to use that I might as well do something like sweep, d+4, throw, jump in or now b+3 that would directly lead to opening them up. It felt like I was just adding an unnecessary layer of guessing when it'd be better to go straight to the point. Perhaps it's better in footsies than I thought though.

xWildx

Wild, I had similar thoughts about that move myself. It is interesting that float is safer than f+2,2,u+4. I kind of moved on and forgot about it though because I figured if I'm close enough to use that I might as well do something like sweep, d+4, throw, jump in or now b+3 that would directly lead to opening them up. It felt like I was just adding an unnecessary layer of guessing when it'd be better to go straight to the point. Perhaps it's better in footsies than I thought though.
Exactly, it's very interesting. The properties for it to be good in footsies are there, it's just a matter of knowing how and when to use it haha

^Me too @xWildx
I posted about this move last week some where.
But its safer than f2 and has the same range. Its just hard to hit confirm.
I thought I remembered somebody posting about it, but I couldn't remember who lol, it's definitely worthy of exploration in actual games either way though.

RunwayMafia

Have you payed attention to the range it has? It's great.
Yeah, for sure bro. I like the move, I just need to find the appropriate space and time for when to use it.

Although I do think u2,4 is the wonkiest combo string Ive ever seen, lol.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

@RunwayMafia
@Konqrr
@GGA 16 Bit
@xKhaoTik
@Laos_boy
@exflyingbooty
@GLoRToR
@The Bearded Dan
@DarksydeDash
@Eldriken
Pretty good stuff so far. I've been faking the overhead and going straight into B3 or throws as well. In addition if you are in RS give them a nice armored Booty Bump to the face if they try to armor an attempt on a face overhead. Unsafe as FAWK but still something to go off. Something I'm going to mess around with for a bit is MB Air Glaive in Mournful because its +4 on block. Should be interesting.

Please quoteme if this happened to you, B3 into lift works fine in Assassin, now I do the same in Royal Storm and the ass move comes out... WHY does it happen? and how to avoid it?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Please quoteme if this happened to you, B3 into lift works fine in Assassin, now I do the same in Royal Storm and the ass move comes out... WHY does it happen? and how to avoid it?
You have release check or wtf its called on in options. I suggest you turn that off immediately because what the game is doing is registering your inputs as DB3 instead of DB1.

xWildx

Pretty good stuff so far. I've been faking the overhead and going straight into B3 or throws as well. In addition if you are in RS give them a nice armored Booty Bump to the face if they try to armor an attempt on a face overhead. Unsafe as FAWK but still something to go off. Something I'm going to mess around with for a bit is MB Air Glaive in Mournful because its +4 on block. Should be interesting.
I'm not 100% sure because Mournful is the variation I use the least, but I think even the ex version of air glaives is incredibly negative on block (frame data is fucked up). @RunwayMafia or @Konqrr should be able to say for certain though.

RunwayMafia

I'm not 100% sure because Mournful is the variation I use the least, but I think even the ex version of air glaives is incredibly negative on block (frame data is fucked up). @RunwayMafia or @Konqrr should be able to say for certain though.
@DarksydeDash

I swear this is not me being negative or emo about Kitana, but stay away from EX air glaive. It doesnt extend combos or anything and she can be punished while she descends to the ground. Its a waste of meter, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.