Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Lets get to posting our thoughts and Strategies on our Royal Princess

ill start off

@GGA 16 Bit shared all of Kitanas Armor moves are ~

EX Throat Slice and EX Fan Uppercut are universal across all variants. Then each variant's d,b+3 has armor. So EX Pole Slam, EX Butt(air too) and EX Assassin Strike. Plus EX Shadow Kick in Mournful.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I need help with strats, I have combos but what to do in the meantime escapes me.

Footsies and zoning.

Instant Air Fan is still good but the real juice is ground fan. It's so much faster than MK9's ground fan. Spam Ground Fan while mixing in varying heights of Air Fan to control the ground and air.

Once you've established that start playing a long distance footsies game with f+2, d+4 and sweep. Run in and mix up throw with attacks.

If you're jumping in you can do jump in 1,1,1 to jail into a block string. If they're respecting this and blocking start mixing up b+2, sweep and throw. If they're anti-airing you bait an AA with jump into the Float and then bop them with a NJP when their AA whiffs.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Footsies and zoning.

Instant Air Fan is still good but the real juice is ground fan. It's so much faster than MK9's ground fan. Spam Ground Fan while mixing in varying heights of Air Fan to control the ground and air.

Once you've established that start playing a long distance footsies game with f+2, d+4 and sweep. Run in and mix up throw with attacks.

If you're jumping in you can do jump in 1,1,1 to jail into a block string. If they're respecting this and blocking start mixing up b+2, sweep and throw. If they're anti-airing you bait an AA with jump into the Float and then bop them with a NJP when their AA whiffs.
Thank you a ton, i'm having huge trouble with fighting scorps, and i'm sure this will help a lot.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I mainly messed around with royal storm and I am having a blast with this variation. The zoning is incredible due to her quick fans.

also, it seems that f334 and f22u3 and be interrupted with armor. no other strings were interrupted.

her DB2 rapes armor moves, since its a quick 2 hitting move.

1, 2 and f3 seem like very good AAs, along with d2

JK fan is still as glorious as ever.

just so much lol

here's a combo vid as well

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Footsies and zoning.

are you preferring assassin or royal storm better?

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm here. Hope ya don't mind :D I'm playing Kitana over the choice that I had with Sub-Zero being my other focus. I'm starting with her Assassin variation.

I'm gonna be messing with Kitana next.

Does anyone have any input on Jade's Variation?

I feel as if I should focus on Royal Storm and Assassin the most as of now

Reactions: 7L

JDE

I'm still getting used to her normals though. What do you all think her best whiff punisher is in Assassin?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I just want to say.... Kitana's Edenian Dance string may be my favorite move in the entire game. That is all.

E

Eldriken

I'm really enjoying the zoning capabilities of Kitana, man. I've never played a zoner before, so I'm not all that great at it. But I'm constantly working on getting better at it because I like it so much.

I'm also a fan (no pun intended) of her b2 and b4 after a knockdown. They have to guess if they don't have the meter for an armored wakeup or if they don't want to use the meter.

They both catch the end of backdashes depending on the character's backdash. I love it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm really enjoying the zoning capabilities of Kitana, man. I've never played a zoner before, so I'm not all that great at it. But I'm constantly working on getting better at it because I like it so much.

I'm also a fan (no pun intended) of her b2 and b4 after a knockdown. They have to guess if they don't have the meter for an armored wakeup or if they don't want to use the meter.

They both catch the end of backdashes depending on the character's backdash. I love it.

well they can do a delayed wakeup to stay down.

If they delay wakeup they can't do any wakeup action after, they will just up. So if you read delay wakeup you can wait and then go for mixup

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If they decide to delay they can choose between short or long delay. This will make it harder, or impossible, to come up with setups that cover regular knockdown and delayed. However if they delay it locks out the other wakeup options so you know all they're going to do is stand up. So if you read delay wake up and you decide to wait you'd just do a mix up of throw/b+2/b+4 or a block string.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Aside from being pretty looking, hitting overhead and granting a hard knock down b+2 also hits high up and has long duration. This is nice because it can hit someone trying to jump out.

Flux

Fair is overrated
Wasn't sold on this character but I'm starting to like her now.

I've mostly been playing RS because I like using that variations Regular/EX Fan Lift to win projectile trades.

RS fan lift can be used safely to meaty non armor wakeups. VS delay wakeup, you'll be safe to reversal slides etc. I need to test still vs wakeup backdash, but I'd be willing to bet EX will call it out. Timing is perfect off of Throat Slice ender, just walk forward and do it from max range.

JDE

She's THAT bad in Mournful? I was actually going to look into it next to see what she could do.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
So i've tried to use her float in the air to bait out AA uppercuts, but I still get hit while in the float. Is there a trick to using it to make uppercuts whiff? Maybe it depends on the character?

Status
Not open for further replies.