What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I told yall lol. Yall gonna listen to me one of these days lol
All I remember you saying to me was that only two down inputs are required... this is true, but in this particular case of b3, you have to do it extremely fast where the back input works easy instead of trying to mash down after a db1 input... I was going crazy lol

All I remember you saying to me was that only two down inputs are required... this is true, but in this particular case of b3, you have to do it extremely fast where the back input works easy instead of trying to mash down after a db1 input... I was going crazy lol
I never said two downs. in my last OS video you see I only use one diectional and that's forward

so its gone :( im on One and dont have the patch yet, but this hurts my feelings.
It'll probably come to use at midnight. Also I doubt I was the reason Ji2 was nerfed but I don't think I helped plead the case as why it, or any others, should stay either. My bad yall.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I was practicing the b3~Lift Option Select and got it like 1/10 tries using multiple down inputs... you got to be SO fast with this, but got it 10/10 using a single back input after.

so the OS is still in the game. that's good. going to miss that input on block moves tho. I was just thinking this but after seeing this vid makes it a bit more real. being able to stick out b3 at a good range now. farther than her other strings is everyone thinking there going back to Royal Storm over Assassin? with RS lift hitting farther compared to ASN isnt that a better choice?

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
Haven't looked into Assassin or Royal Storm much since I've been Mournful from the very beginning, but I found a 43% and up combo off her new B3 or F2 with 1 bar used for EX Fan Toss. Too bad EX Fan Toss isn't a mid, it should at least jail. Opponents can block the first fan then duck the second for a full punish if they have the reaction speed, but if they block the second fan you are pretty safe. The -34 refers to them blocking the first fan not the second, it actually looks like you're plus a frame or 2.

PlaHoY

Noob
Hello! I want to show you mix-up after 3-rd Fan (or Exfan) in combo
It's potentially Unbreak combo because opponent can't pretend what do next after run cancel - Throat Slice or Throw
(Sorry for cutted video, Shared Factory dumb for create video)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So, after labbing it up and attempting to learn what I can backdash in this game (Kitana players.... PRACTICE?! WUT?!), it just made me realize how badly she needs a quick advancing normal. We backdash an attack for the whiff..... and what? I run back up for a throw? I yolo a f22u4 and hope it hits? I jump and hope to god the opponent doesn't AA me? I throw a fan?

Her options in the neutral game are just... awful. If she just had better normals (and honestly the faster startup on parry and reflect) I'd have no problem with her and she'd be very solid.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
am I crazy, or can you no longer do F112~fan, Dash F43 JiK~airFain anymore? She can't air kick fast enough :-/

or maybe it's my shitty execution?? Hopefully???

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
am I crazy, or can you no longer do F112~fan, Dash F43 JiK~airFain anymore? She can't air kick fast enough :-/

or maybe it's my shitty execution?? Hopefully???
I cant do it either, like at all. 111 bnb feels different too but i can land that.

anyways you can just do f112 fan, RC NJP, f43, 21 lift, jk fan, f4 TS for 37%

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I cant do it either, like at all. 111 bnb feels different too but i can land that.

anyways you can just do f112 fan, RC NJP, f43, 21 lift, jk fan, f4 TS for 37%
Yeah, I've been feeling some weird timing issues with my punish bnbs. For some reason I feel like the recovery of F43 is different. I had to sit in the lab for a few minutes to 're-learn' F43, F43, F33.

But maybe I just imagining it. Thanks for the BnB

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
I've been messing around with 24 and I found that it can reverse wakeups, I don't know how useful this will be but here's the wall combo.

f43 f43 21 df1 j3 df1 f4 db1 njp 24 bf3.

The bf3 will hit the armor while they wake up in the opposite direction and put you at the same wall situation, I'll post a video of it later.

Last edited:
I am starting to think that maybe saving up for the x-ray is actually really worth it. She does get a true jump in 50/50 from it it seems and the threat of it is enough to make the opponent slow down a bit.

I have been getting good results since i have started to do this tactic.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am starting to think that maybe saving up for the x-ray is actually really worth it. She does get a true jump in 50/50 from it it seems and the threat of it is enough to make the opponent slow down a bit.

I have been getting good results since i have started to do this tactic.

I completely agree. It's a legit tactic. Her X-Ray vs. b+3~X-Ray is seriously her best mixup. I think even using it in like round 1 and holding off breaking to use it makes sense.

Inception

I love Kitana
I am trying to convert my gound fans and air fans to
Damage more efficiently I feel like I have to commit to run thought ? What combos are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.