What's new

Match-up Discussion Kinetic Balding's Cyborg matchup chart

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
It's because him and the other poster randomly pop up the last two days creating threads making outrageous claims (like Aquaman/Cyborg 5-5), yet refuse to give a real explanation as to why other than "jump over FTD yo" and also refuse to list what Aquaman players they have played against to gain this MU knowledge and experience that they're claiming.

If I came on this site saying "Raven/Grundy is 5-5", and I refuse to list reasons that make sense and also refuse to name Grundy players I've pounded the MU out with, then I'd expect to be blown up too until I answer back with something credible.
Your response is probably the best example of why they aren't responding. IMMEDIATELY after they post almost EVERYBODY went ham. Whats the point in replying when everybody, judging by how everyone was responding immediately, completely bashed this chart with irrelevant answers like nah bro its a bad MU because Cyborg is ass. Half the people bitching in this thread don't even use Cyborg and are bitching and for what? You don't know, you just know because of how players treat Cyborg on TYM. Now I am not upplaying or downplaying when I say this, idk what the fuck Cyborg has but neither do half of you and the other half that do just need to chill from the beginning and let the dude respond. There is no point. If it was me, I'd be like fuck this and not bother.

Ugh, I have to stop you here. This is the worst logic. Maybe it would make sense back in 2013... but damn dude, there is a lot of people (myself included) who have explored THE SHIT out of this character for over a year. Offline/Online, every MU, hours upon hours in the lab. It is borderline offensive lol. It is more of a reflection of your thoughts on the character, which makes sense....

Let us be clear when I say that YOU are the one who hasn't explored Cyborg. Yes, it is a hard MU for NW and I body every NW I have ever come across, but I know for a fact that most do not use their tools appropriately for the MU, nor do they understand where to exploit cyborg because 90% of the community do not lab out their MUs (I always always offer to help people). Yes, he gives your character trouble.

Cyborg is mediocre in most of his MUs. He isn't bad by any means (Kano tier doesn't exist in this game), and in some MUs (like NW) he is above mediocre. Did you know NW can make every single one of Cyborgs block strings wiff? Yup, I would be glad to share. As well as how to avoid the corner vortex, avoid TA, and minimize chip.

I think your statement could even go the other way: If more people were to fully explore cyborg, than they would realize he is even worse than mediocre... just sayin!
I've personally never played your cyborg and if I have, I don't remember because u use zod most of the time. Now my previous statement is my personal opinion due to experience and watching previous cyborg players at some locals (when he is being used). I just feel/think cyborg isn't explored enough and im sticking to my opinion whether you or anyone else agrees or not...just saying. Calm yourself

Any character that loses to Cyborg has to be pretty bad
Not necessarily true, especially in Injustice. It's not uncommon for a low tier character to be able to beat someone higher tier than them (look at fucking Hawkgirl, lol)

Hell, a low tier character could, theoretically, go 6-4 or better with over half the cast, but if they get 2-8'd by all the top tiers, they're SOL. :p

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I've personally never played your cyborg and if I have, I don't remember because u use zod most of the time. Now my previous statement is my personal opinion due to experience and watching previous cyborg players at some locals (when he is being used). I just feel/think cyborg isn't explored enough and im sticking to my opinion whether you or anyone else agrees or not...just saying. Calm yourself
Sorry, I get a little excited sometimes. I'll always be a cyborg main under my evil Zod exterior

E

Eldriken

Not necessarily true, especially in Injustice. It's not uncommon for a low tier character to be able to beat someone higher tier than them (look at fucking Hawkgirl, lol)

Hell, a low tier character could, theoretically, go 6-4 or better with over half the cast, but if they get 2-8'd by all the top tiers, they're SOL. :p
Exactly. Cyborg might suck, but with @Relaxedstate or @K7L33THA behind the wheel of him, I get my ass handed to me plenty. Does that mean I suck? Of course not. It just means that both players are really effin' good with the character and know how to approach the Doomsday MU properly to not get mauled.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think the Lex matchup could be 5-5. After getting bodied by Cyborg for months before I figured out some stuff that makes the zoning much more manageable.
Cyborg's instant airs are faster than Zod's. Did you take that Hitbox into account this time?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
It's because him and the other poster randomly pop up the last two days creating threads making outrageous claims (like Aquaman/Cyborg 5-5), yet refuse to give a real explanation as to why other than "jump over FTD yo" and also refuse to list what Aquaman players they have played against to gain this MU knowledge and experience that they're claiming.

If I came on this site saying "Raven/Grundy is 5-5", and I refuse to list reasons that make sense and also refuse to name Grundy players I've pounded the MU out with, then I'd expect to be blown up too until I answer back with something credible.
THIS.

I am judging the AM/Cyborg based mainly on 2 players who I have had countless long sets with @Tom Brady and @Syknis.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
I just want the "new wave of Cyborg is mid tier" enthusiasts to do two things.

1) Give a real explanation that makes some sort of sense as to why Cyborg/Aquaman is 5-5.

2) List the top Aquaman users you have played to gain the MU experience and knowledge enough to call it 5-5.

I've yet to see either of these guys or anyone for that matter do either of these things. Until I see both, or at least one, these opinions should be considered no different than the random Joe posting nonsense.
I can understand aquaman having a slight advantage, but at the highest possible level aquaman would end up winning because he is a better character.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Excuse me but how does cyborg lose to ares 6-4 but go even w Zatanna?
Zatanna's disks are much slower than cyborgs fireball so I can just keep doing fireballs and recover in time to punish her teleports. Ares's Axe, sword, mb fireball, and teleport keep me from zoning him effectively. Unlike zatanna, ares can counter my zoning with his own.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
But he doesn't have 3 floating toward me at a time. If Zod only had fast ones it would be fine lol
I thought about that too.. lol. Does Cyborg get like two at a time on the screen? Because it's a kombination of speed and recovery...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Your response is probably the best example of why they aren't responding. IMMEDIATELY after they post almost EVERYBODY went ham. Whats the point in replying when everybody, judging by how everyone was responding immediately, completely bashed this chart with irrelevant answers like nah bro its a bad MU because Cyborg is ass. Half the people bitching in this thread don't even use Cyborg and are bitching and for what? You don't know, you just know because of how players treat Cyborg on TYM. Now I am not upplaying or downplaying when I say this, idk what the fuck Cyborg has but neither do half of you and the other half that do just need to chill from the beginning and let the dude respond. There is no point. If it was me, I'd be like fuck this and not bother.
I hear what you're saying but I don't think you're understanding the context of what happened here.

They got blown up for their MU's not because they just said them, but because it goes against both popular opinion of the MU as well as the top Cyborg players who have grounded out that MU as well as some of the others for over a year to oblivion. They are basically saying Cyborg IS MID TIER. If you're gonna be that bold then you better have a tank of ammo ready to back up that claim. If you come out and say something as absurd as "Aquaman/Cyborg is 5-5", then you have to provide evidence during that statement or right after because if not you will get BLOWN up". Which is exactly what happened.

Not once did they say anything like, "I've played countless hours against (insert Aquaman player) and it's 5-5. Here's what I do that others need to try. Here's what always works in the MU." or "These are the guys I've played and sets I've ran against them", etc. The most I heard was some garbage about jumping over FTD which sounds like some online battles against random Aquaman players.

That's why I used Raven for example. Its basically like me saying, "Hey guys, Raven/Bane is 2-8 because I'm pretty good and I've played some of the best Bane's as well as theee best Bane and it's 2-8 because reasons". Or even better, "Hey guys, Raven/Grundy is 5-5 because I'm pretty good and I beat Grundy consistently whenever I play him". Yea, I'd be blown up and rightfully so.

Here's 2 reasons why you're wrong, i'm sorry but you are.

1 You're*
2 You took this seriously? like you can't see i'm messing about.
My bad i don't really care about my english over the internet lol. Also. you really shouldnt take me seriously either...