What's new

Match-up Discussion Kinetic Balding's Cyborg matchup chart

KHAOTIC_xWULFx

Cyborg's Savior
lol i LOVE this talk about Cyborg but i have to go to basketball practice but i explain what do to against Aquaman as Cyborg on my MU chart so check it out and tell me what you think lol next i will TRY to explain how to deal with Trident rush and how to PUNISH it the best way i can but it will probably be more helpful in the tutorial i plan to come out with if there are any qustions ppl stil have please dont be shy to ask! :D and i will gladly answer any questions that ppl have in a PM too thanks guys! #Will be back soon

KHAOTIC_xWULFx

Cyborg's Savior
Would still like to know what Aquamen you guys are playing to judge the mu from?

Having played 4-5 hour sets with Tom Brady (who has tons of Cyborg experience) it was more than apparent once a AM knows the mu, the toolset, meter game, and risk/reward is far in his favor.

The stuff you're describing is like meta 1 for the mu. (mb nova blast setups, to get things going). Its always a guessing game in his favor from a distance unless you're spending hella meter. How the hell are you building any meter? And up close wtf can Cyborg do vs those long ass normals and b1?...

And I have no idea what Norcal Cyborg is talking about saying u can ianb punish on reaction a FTD. If you are at a level where the fireball will hit him, you are going to be hit with the FTD. Unless I'm missing something here. It doesn't make sense.

KHAOTIC_xWULFx

Cyborg's Savior
We can go on and on about it but i think it would just be better if i explain it while im talking the game lol ill go over it in the tutorial

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm not gonna lie, it seems like these guys main and put a lot of time into using Cyborg and for some of the players in these threads giving recognition I think we should respect what they say and have them explain a little bit better and not blow them up before talking about it because we dondon't use the character like they do. That being said, it seems like the wealth of Cyborgs players that pocket other characters are saying these guys are crazy but they definitely must be doing something right to have people respect their decisions on these MU charts. The community should start supporting players like these because its not everyday you see stuff like this. IMO.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
vengeance is right, these guys put hours into cyborg and who are we to judge what level of aquamen they've played, they could have played an aquaman just as good as tom, now I highly doubt the matchup is 5-5 but I'm open to suggestions on how it could be, let them inform us first.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Blue text for a Cyborg thread. I'm fancy.
Meterburn Forward 3 and back + 3, and actual wakeup missile setups are what gives Cyborg a chance against Aquaman, outside of the corner/wall. (That African Cyborg player used some good ones, I think..) Cyborg needs to introduce a new instant-launch gimmick on every knockdown, gimmicks which need to be escaped in a new way every single time, whether that be tech roll or wakeup. Jumping 3 potential corssups VS missiles on another side are actually good, if you defy the laws of the game and manage to get enough of a launcher on Aquaman to get them started. (Just joking, kind of.) (these actually exist.)
The issue is that you need to have meter to launch Aquaman with meterburn forward or back + 3, which, kind of like how Lex beats Aquaman, use armor to absorb one of Aquaman's long range normals. The issue is, Cyborg needs meter to use that Armor, Lex gets it every few seconds, at no cost.
Many Aquaman players like to play footsies at mid-range, walking back and forth. Techno tackle can blow this up, as walking forward and back gets hit by technotackle, which can be meterburned to give enoug plus frames to allow for another missiles setup.
Cyborg's throw also kicks ass, and, post trident rush,

Cyborg has a technotackle which lifts him up OVER Aquamn's B1, low combo starter (usually the go-to, along with D1 Trident Rush. This is another useful tool.

Despite all of these options, it's still a poor matchup. Cyborg needs to take time to learn all of these matchup specific gimmicks, while Aquaman can just play his game.

4-6, maybe. Btw, From The Deep is faster than ground fireball, in terms of hoq quickly it reaches the opponent. Zone to build meter, if you dare, then use that meter to make Meterburn forwad 3 to the corner, or meterburn techno tackle guesses to win. (they make missile setups.)

In the corner, though, Aquaman does get totally freed up. I'm serious. Especially if he's unfamiliar with Cyborg's mixups. The corner setup that I use, 1, 1, 3, missiles (likely after a high damage combo) leaves the opponent standing, unable to wakeup if they failed to tech roll. missiles hit overhead. D1 (to make blockstun), then 1, 2 (2nd hit hits low, at the exact same time as the overhead missiles.) If Aquaman tries to wakeup scoop or trident rush, he gets launched by the oncoming missiles, into another, possibly colossal damage Cyborg corner combo.
Corner game, Cyborg wins, but you had better get there fast, off of a totally un-guaranteed meterburn forward + 3 into a huge wall-carry.
Be sure to not get the situation reversed, because Cyborg's wakeup are either un-invincible or punishable, too. Though grapple can help out a bit to get a corner escape..

Pig, can you blame the Cyborg community for losing our minds? I mean.. we play Cyborg.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Theres no way NW Cyborg is only 6-4 Cyborg. MU Is hell especially online :/
Match up numbers are not determined by how it is online.....the fact that you say especially online should say something since lag makes zoning harder to deal with among other things.

It's like people state their opinions as facts then provide no analysis or productive insight to make a credible case for why their opinion is right and why "there's no way it's only this or that".

Instead, maybe people should inquire as to why people think a match up is or is not a certain way and be open to hearing the other side instead of setting the tone that your mind is already made up.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Match up numbers are not determined by how it is online.....the fact that you say especially online should say something since lag makes zoning harder to deal with among other things.

It's like people state their opinions as facts then provide no analysis or productive insight to make a credible case for why their opinion is right and why "there's no way it's only this or that".

Instead, maybe people should inquire as to why people think a match up is or is not a certain way and be open to hearing the other side instead of setting the tone that your mind is already made up.
Leave him alone. His Injustice disc broke/had to go walk his dogs/doesn't know the DD MU.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing

Love when u bash me but not murk about it.... I played the mu with balding. I have played the mu online and I never said thats how the mu was offline. I never said it was a fact its just my opinion. IANB are extremely tough to deal with and once u get close he can grapple out. On a stage with interactables RIP. I think this is easily Nightwings hardest matchup. The bias here is just ridiculous...

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I just feel like cyborg isn't explored enough so to the untrained eye he appears to be mediocre
Ugh, I have to stop you here. This is the worst logic. Maybe it would make sense back in 2013... but damn dude, there is a lot of people (myself included) who have explored THE SHIT out of this character for over a year. Offline/Online, every MU, hours upon hours in the lab. It is borderline offensive lol. It is more of a reflection of your thoughts on the character, which makes sense....

Let us be clear when I say that YOU are the one who hasn't explored Cyborg. Yes, it is a hard MU for NW and I body every NW I have ever come across, but I know for a fact that most do not use their tools appropriately for the MU, nor do they understand where to exploit cyborg because 90% of the community do not lab out their MUs (I always always offer to help people). Yes, he gives your character trouble.

Cyborg is mediocre in most of his MUs. He isn't bad by any means (Kano tier doesn't exist in this game), and in some MUs (like NW) he is above mediocre. Did you know NW can make every single one of Cyborgs block strings wiff? Yup, I would be glad to share. As well as how to avoid the corner vortex, avoid TA, and minimize chip.

I think your statement could even go the other way: If more people were to fully explore cyborg, than they would realize he is even worse than mediocre... just sayin!

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Ugh, I have to stop you here. This is the worst logic. Maybe it would make sense back in 2013... but damn dude, there is a lot of people (myself included) who have explored THE SHIT out of this character for over a year. Offline/Online, every MU, hours upon hours in the lab. It is borderline offensive lol. It is more of a reflection of your thoughts on the character, which makes sense....

Let us be clear when I say that YOU are the one who hasn't explored Cyborg. Yes, it is a hard MU for NW and I body every NW I have ever come across, but I know for a fact that most do not use their tools appropriately for the MU, nor do they understand where to exploit cyborg because 90% of the community do not lab out their MUs (I always always offer to help people). Yes, he gives your character trouble.

Cyborg is mediocre in most of his MUs. He isn't bad by any means (Kano tier doesn't exist in this game), and in some MUs (like NW) he is above mediocre. Did you know NW can make every single one of Cyborgs block strings wiff? Yup, I would be glad to share. As well as how to avoid the corner vortex, avoid TA, and minimize chip.

I think your statement could even go the other way: If more people were to fully explore cyborg, than they would realize he is even worse than mediocre... just sayin!
Myself and @Nightmare0900. have been using cyborg for the longest and explored the character even further than what the cyborg tym forums could teach. I dont understand why people keep upplaying this character like if he's actually tournament viable. Ive seen him played at the highest possible level because back in the day @Relaxedstate used to work his ass off on trying to beat people with this shitter. I think its cool that all you new cyborg players are really eager to explore and try to find new tech, but I hate to break it to you. Cyborg just plain sucks, he really is the definition of "The Dream" in this game. I mean no disrespect to you new players but you guys will never know the struggle of actually maining the character.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Myself and @Nightmare0900. have been using cyborg for the longest and explored the character even further than what the cyborg tym forums could teach. I dont understand why people keep upplaying this character like if he's actually tournament viable. Ive seen him played at the highest possible level because back in the day @Relaxedstate used to work his ass off on trying to beat people with this shitter. I think its cool that all you new cyborg players are really eager to explore and try to find new tech, but I hate to break it to you. Cyborg just plain sucks, he really is the definition of "The Dream" in this game. I mean no disrespect to you new players but you guys will never know the struggle of actually maining the character.
Damn man, that post was real messed up. Especially since I believe they already do main him now. I understand you meam no disrespect but either way that was disrespectful Imo.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
No way is aquaman cyborg 5 5.

Wowo cyborg is more then likely worse then a 6 4 in her favor. Shield plus bracelets ain't fun.

Nah not buying this until I see evidence.

He is a Zoner who gets out zoned. Plain and simple.

Espio

Kokomo
Love when u bash me but not murk about it.... I played the mu with balding. I have played the mu online and I never said thats how the mu was offline. I never said it was a fact its just my opinion. IANB are extremely tough to deal with and once u get close he can grapple out. On a stage with interactables RIP. I think this is easily Nightwings hardest matchup. The bias here is just ridiculous...
Trying to help people approach match up discussion in a more productive, fruitful way is now considered bashing....sigh whatever dude. What I said definitely can be applicable to Murk too (or any novice, mid, or high level player) and I've definitely had disagreements with him before in relation to Hawkgirl, I dunno what you're even playing at with those comments about bias other than to distract from the core points of discussion.

When you use terms like there's no way, it implies it's a factual reality, it's not an unreasonable conclusion to come to because as I already said, you're sending the message that your mind is already made up on what the match up is irrespective of what other people think.

P.S. I'm not even here to argue about Cyborg/Nightwing, but obviously Balding disagrees with you on the number since he has it as 6-4 instead of worse than that like you feel so instead of being overly defensive for no reason, try to figure out why he feels the way he does, maybe he has some options and advice to blow up Cyborg that you might not know about that are specific to Nightwing. Sometimes we need help to figure out a match up, I know I have at times, it's normal and a good thing to get help. Keeping an open mind is a great thing.

Well, IDK about most of the matchups on there, but 4-6 against Raven is correct at least.

I respectfully disagree with Zatanna being 5-5 - her teleports can go right through his zoning, and her trait is pretty usable against him (though, tbf, grapple helps avoid a lot of her set-ups). I'd say that's 4-6 too.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Kinecting balding Cyborg is the second coming. Stop doubting him. Just because you don't understand the Mu, don't make it final. If you have trouble with the Mu, just ask questions and learn from one another.

People was doubting me when I said "batman and superman is a 5-5 Mu." People was doubting me because I wasn't a tournament player. They always running to krayzie because he is a tournament player even though Iam a wayy better player then him.

Came to find out now that people agrees and don't give me the credit for it

Online players are just as good as tournament players. Give them the same respect as you give tournament players.

Plus kinetic balding cyborg is real unique. Plays different then any cyborg I have seen.

I trust Balding. He is not stupid