What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Mr. Pig, didn't you say you'd try picking her up? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. We'd gladly welcome you into our brotherhood, like our little freshman, Runwaymafia.

Keep in mind, we don't choose the Frost lyfe; the Frost lyfe chooses us.

Hey guys, so I've gotten pretty good with the ice prostitute and her worst match ups are black adam and hawkgirl since she sucks up in the air. I can slice every other character online like butter, but these two are annoying. Hawkgirl can fly and can throw maces and mace charge as a way of getting in/zone from the air. Black adam just jumps all day and foot dives full screen. Does anybody know how to deal with these two? The MU is so bad that I'm having trouble against noobs that pick these two

Rickyraws

Hey guys, so I've gotten pretty good with the ice prostitute and her worst match ups are black adam and hawkgirl ''yadda yadda yadda''

How dare you?!

Aid in the matchups will not be given until an apology is established, and you serve your punishment of facing 3 Hawkgirl players on metropolis rooftop.

In all seriousness, both MU's are gone into in more detail that I could give earlier in this thread. Key things to note are to just stay away from Hawkgirl while she's in the air. When she's near you, she'll try to drop land kick you. If you block high, you can try to punish with D2. This can be iffy, though, depending on spacing.

Always block when she has meter. Her meter burn specials are fairly damaging. It's an easier MU once you play it more.

BA is tricky. Again, others have gone more in depth, but essentially when you DO touch him, lay on the pressure thick! Bait his lightning cage wake up. Block low when afar, high when close. He will almost ALWAYS be hitting you with a mid/overhead when he IS near you, so parry. Practice mode how to beat his dive kick with your jump in kicks.

I actually got my first win with Black Adam today. Never touched him before. It was...fun to say the least. I was watching the news in the middle east and I realized this will always be a world of dict....NO! NO! I won't convert! I won't give in to Black Adam...NEVER! God help me..

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
FYI, I got really pissed off about that Killer Frost bash-fest podcast and came up with my current match-up chart for the character. I figured I would re-post it here. I will probably adjust the list if any of the rumored nerfs come to fruition after the next patch.

Aquaman: 6-4 (potential nerf of the trait cancel will shift this MU to 5-5 or possibly 4-6)
Ares: 7-3
Bane: 8-2
Batman: 5-5
Batgirl: 6-4
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 6-4
Cyborg: 6-4 (could be 5-5, I wish I had more time to play @Relaxedstate at UFGT)
Deathstroke: 7-3
Doomsday: 7-3
Flash: 6-4
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 6-4
Hawkgirl: 5-5
Joker: 7-3
Lex Luthor: 6-4
Lobo: 7-3
Nightwing: 6-4 (Could be 5-5, just depends on the stage)
Raven: 6-4
Shazam: 7-3
Sinestro: 7-3
Grundy: 6-4
Scorpion: Too Early
Superman: 6-4
Wonder Woman: 5-5

Advantage MU's = 20
Even MU's = 4
Disadvantage MU's = 1
Undecided MU's = 1

Rickyraws

FYI, I got really pissed off about that Killer Frost bash-fest podcast and came up with my current match-up chart for the character. I figured I would re-post it here. I will probably adjust the list if any of the rumored nerfs come to fruition after the next patch.

The podcast was very painful to listen to, I agree. Hell I listened to it before heading to bed and actually woke up in the middle of the night. Must have had a nightmare about it, but at my old age I tend to forget. I may have Alzheimer's, but at least I don't have Alzheimer's.

Rickyraws

Have you considered that perhaps to prevent harmful levels of body heat being produced, therefore weakening her powers, she is merely utilizing some unorthodox, but logical technique in mammary oscillation?

can't do shit against frost. her low risk high reward is making me nervous and i lose.
do you guys have any advice how a superman should play the matchup?

Rickyraws

can't do shit against frost. her low risk high reward is making me nervous and i lose.
do you guys have any advice how a superman should play the matchup?
Try to zone her out. Make good use of your air dashes in an attempt to cross up Jumping-two handed-punch(I don't use SM) and combo from there.

Punish whiffed parries with f2, 3.
The more airborne you are, the safer, as long as you aren't too predictable- blocked air lasers can lead to slide combos depending on spacing if not meter burned. Wake up rising grab isn't parry-able. Neither is a grab after a blocked slide.
Mix up your combos with low scoops.
F2, 3 breath a couple times, then bait the inevitable parry and try a jump over cross up every now and then.
When they slide at you from a distance, neutral/jump back/ jump forward two handed punch will always beat the slide due to its low priority.

Disregard all these tips if you get matched against me, however. The best advise in that case is to just close your eyes and let it happen. Resistance is futile. ;)

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

Aquaman: 6-4 (potential nerf of the trait cancel will shift this MU to 5-5 or possibly 4-6)
How does Killer Frost exacty beat Aquaman?

RiBBz22

How does Killer Frost exacty beat Aquaman?
Because right now any block string leads to her 50-50 with trait cancel, she punishes low scoop with slide which hurts his overall range against her, and Aquaman's trait effectively just reduces the damage on the 50-50 reset slightly. She can zone freely at 3/4 to full screen because her iceberg is an easy punish against a blocked ground trident.

RiBBz22

I think she beats him as well. I still think she will beat him after the Nerf.
I think it will probably be a 5-5 after the nerf. After a MB grab you will no longer be able to get the 50-50 off if AM activates trait. What do you think keeps it in her favor?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Because right now any block string leads to her 50-50 with trait cancel, she punishes low scoop with slide which hurts his overall range against her, and Aquaman's trait effectively just reduces the damage on the 50-50 reset slightly. She can zone freely at 3/4 to full screen because her iceberg is an easy punish against a blocked ground trident.
I played one Aquaman who preety much just turtled the entire match. You obviously can't jump in and a slide just leads to b12 trident rush, you can't get him into a block string because his d2 stops you from jailing him to block high so you cant 111 4 and her 3 has a smaller hitbox than it looks like. I almost won getting hits off a mb f3 but im sure that's not the only way to touch him

RiBBz22

I played one Aquaman who preety much just turtled the entire match. You obviously can't jump in and a slide just leads to b12 trident rush, you can't get him into a block string because his d2 stops you from jailing him to block high so you cant 111 4 and her 3 has a smaller hitbox than it looks like. I almost won getting hits off a mb f3 but im sure that's not the only way to touch him
Let him turtle. You are advantage at a distance. Your ground spike is faster than his and your zoning is better. You definitely can get him in block-strings. You honestly don't have to play that aggressive in this MU. Once he comes in you should be able to bait whiff punishes with your back-dash.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Let him turtle. You are advantage at a distance. Your ground spike is faster than his and your zoning is better. You definitely can get him in block-strings. You honestly don't have to play that aggressive in this MU. Once he comes in you should be able to bait whiff punishes with your back-dash.
Ty
I guess i need to learn some footsies and seen as an expert thinks she wins the match obviously im just doing something wrong
#FrostyReception

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think it will probably be a 5-5 after the nerf. After a MB grab you will no longer be able to get the 50-50 off if AM activates trait. What do you think keeps it in her favor?
Why wouldnt u get the 50-50? Just charge trait then go for a well timed slide/f3.

RiBBz22

Why wouldnt u get the 50-50? Just charge trait then go for a well timed slide/f3.
Yeah, you are right. I dunno why I wasn't thinking about that because I do it now sometimes. I was probably just thinking about the trait stuff and block pressure off the grab.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If Aquaman is turtling then turtle back.

If he does b+1,2 after a blocked slide you can backdash away. It'll only hit if he's slow or delaying it intentionally. If he's doing that you can d+1~slide or jump out. So you've got a mixup there, just for having your slide blocked. That basically means she can get in with slide and even if it's blocked play a guessing game that can lead to her getting damage.

If he's doing b+1,2 early and stuffing slide that means you're being too predictable with slide and he's throwing it out on anticipation. There's no way he can react and do that if you're not being obvious. So stop sliding for a bit and walk up and play footsies. Walk around right outside b+1,2 range and make him think you might pull the trigger on slide. If he throws out b+1,2 then you can whiff punish with slide.

I personally rarely use mb grab on Aquaman. I want to have as much meter as possible to block escape his mb trident rush. I typically end combos meterless with command grab or iceberg then either dash up and do 50/50 or bait a wakeup attack and neutral jump. A well timed f+3 can stuff his wakeups too. It's not as good since slide OTG is gone and he can wakeup attack slide but still, you can easily blow up all his wakes and scare him into blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.