What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Trait recover used to be 16 frames and now it will be 26. So her +15 will be +5, etc etc

I think her TA combos will still be viable, just not with u3 ;_;

Wandles

Noob
Hey guys,

I'm getting bodied by my friend's Doomsday and I was looking for some help in the matchup. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for as far as punishes and what not. Obviously if I get the hit and pull off the vortex (still having trouble with the command grab input but that can be taken care of in training mode) then he's playing my game, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the neutral game.

He plays kinda nutty in my opinion. Here is a match of him going up against @GGA 16 Bit (http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming/c/2488705). Any scenarios you guys setup in the lab to help shut this character down would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone who helps!

So any tips on the Frost vs GL match up I understand its a 5-5 mu but how do you go about winning it?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Does anybody know how to punish Black Adam's foot dive (regular and MB)? The patch supposedly made it unsafe, but I don't know how to hit him after he does it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Does anybody know how to punish Black Adam's foot dive (regular and MB)? The patch supposedly made it unsafe, but I don't know how to hit him after he does it.
Its weird. I think it depends on the height of the divekick.

I've gotten a d2 punish and a f113 punish. I just don't remember the height. I think d1 works too

MB is safe tho

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Really? Like no trolling? What's going on here...why were you feeling emo with her? I think I told you, drunkedly, on FB that I think Selina is better than Frost...it's the reach.

Not trolling. I've only played Catwoman since EVO and I will be using her at VXG.

Nothing has changed my mind about how good Killer Frost is. It's not about that. I still think she is a better character than Catwoman. However Selina is my favorite character. I never had a passion for KF, I was playing her because she was so good. Before UFGT I was playing both Killer Frost and Catwoman. Shortly before UFGT I decided to focus on Killer Frost because I was doing extremely well in casuals. I thought I could show how good she was and do well in tournaments. I've done ok but nothing spectacular. Now that she's normalized and I'm not placing top anyway I see no reason to continue to main KF. I'm going to play that character I love, which I should have done from the beginning. After UFGT it was like ok it's too close to CEO to switch. Then it was too close to EVO. I had a lot of MU exp with KF and was doing well in casuals at tournaments so it didn't feel time to switch. I was always emo though. I was torn between playing my favorite and playing my best character. But now I'm just going to play Catwoman. I'm probably not ready for VXG, since I just got back into playing her and am behind on tech and matchup knowledge, but since playing her since EVO with the GGA guys I've been re-motivated and had fun.

So, yeah, I'm not dropping KF because of her nerfs or anything. She's good and I think guys like Rog and Khao will rep her well. I might still use KF for a couple MU too. Since I've already ruined being a 100% character loyalist like I was in MK I may still use KF. At least for a while. I'm thinking for Green Lantern and Aquaman.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
STB Rosegoddess, aka Killer Frost herself.

Bit, please at least give us a KF video before you leave us.... Pretty please!

A KF video of what? I don't really have any hidden tech or knowledge to show. I've generally posted what I know here. Plus I've never been a tech guy or innovator myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.