What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
A KF video of what? I don't really have any hidden tech or knowledge to show. I've generally posted what I know here. Plus I've never been a tech guy or innovator myself.
Well, if you are over it and not into it, nvm, but I know I'd appreciate it. You have definitely been very helpful and forthcoming on these forums, no doubt. Perhaps, what a high-level player like you might consider second nature stuff might teach a low-level KF devotee like me a lot though. Up to you, I wouldn't begrudge you if you don't want to bother.

btw, I really like your commentating on stream. Not just at EVO but in other tourneys too. Very level, drawing on a lot of knowledge and background stories. I'm never sad to see you take up one of the mics, Sir.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Not trolling. I've only played Catwoman since EVO and I will be using her at VXG.

Nothing has changed my mind about how good Killer Frost is. It's not about that. I still think she is a better character than Catwoman. However Selina is my favorite character. I never had a passion for KF, I was playing her because she was so good. Before UFGT I was playing both Killer Frost and Catwoman. Shortly before UFGT I decided to focus on Killer Frost because I was doing extremely well in casuals. I thought I could show how good she was and do well in tournaments. I've done ok but nothing spectacular. Now that she's normalized and I'm not placing top anyway I see no reason to continue to main KF. I'm going to play that character I love, which I should have done from the beginning. After UFGT it was like ok it's too close to CEO to switch. Then it was too close to EVO. I had a lot of MU exp with KF and was doing well in casuals at tournaments so it didn't feel time to switch. I was always emo though. I was torn between playing my favorite and playing my best character. But now I'm just going to play Catwoman. I'm probably not ready for VXG, since I just got back into playing her and am behind on tech and matchup knowledge, but since playing her since EVO with the GGA guys I've been re-motivated and had fun.

So, yeah, I'm not dropping KF because of her nerfs or anything. She's good and I think guys like Rog and Khao will rep her well. I might still use KF for a couple MU too. Since I've already ruined being a 100% character loyalist like I was in MK I may still use KF. At least for a while. I'm thinking for Green Lantern and Aquaman.
I totally feel you...I'm in the same situation with HawkGirl. I only decided to play Injustice BECAUSE of Selina (also my fav) but really clicked with HG... I feel like I'm having a taudry affair..lol

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
does kf own am? she can punish his full screen tridents with ice berg, get a combo off it for 1 meter, and she can prevent his trait with slide and b1 u3.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Its probably 6-4 in KF favor imo. Not bodied status, but I am pretty sure she beats him. Trait does not nullify her vortex or damage either, so he is also handicapped there.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Its probably 6-4 in KF favor imo. Not bodied status, but I am pretty sure she beats him. Trait does not nullify her vortex or damage either, so he is also handicapped there.
is anyone even doing her vortex anymore? i didn't see it in the combo thread. i see kfs doing slide u3 u3 22 mb grab, j2 2 vortex. can't am trait after the grab and block the st. 2?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
is anyone even doing her vortex anymore? i didn't see it in the combo thread. i see kfs doing slide u3 u3 22 mb grab, j2 2 vortex. can't am trait after the grab and block the st. 2?

Even if he traits after mb grab, he still has to respect the f3/slide mixup

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
That is the metered vortex. And you can just take out j22 and wait(or charge trait) until just before he unfreezes to go for the 50/50. Trait plays no part in her vortex game.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Green Lantern: GO.
3-7, 4-6 at best realistically
Green Lantern is extremely good and for some reason has a reset that might be a vortex, it looks weird but i don't think you can wake up attack out of it. Whose idea it was to give a zoning character an 8 frame advancing low combo starter i don't know

In sweep range his probably walking back out of sweep range so you can't touch him to bait movement then throw out a b1 and if you jump expecting the b1 its just a free lanterns might if he didn't move.
His air missile covers a huge amount of space and would have to thrown out at a ridiculous range to be able to slide underneath it and punish
After he blocks a slide its a free b1

It could be advantage Killer Frost because you can ice parry both of his b1 followups which essentially is his offence but i haven't seen anyone do it. PR Balrog like once or twice I don't know lol

Belial

Noob
GL is def a good matchup for KF
his b13 and b12 is easily parried after 1st block effectively making it launcher punishable.
His Oa Rockets are destroyed by slide.
He cannot punish ice spike. Also cant spam Machine Gun b/c of spike punishment.
He has hard time vs daggers too.
He does not have a way to change his jump arc (except rocket , which doesnt help vs KF, quite the contrary)
Basically, Frost controls all ranges in this matchup and has easy time going in, going out etc. KF might be GL's worst matchup in fact.

Her hardest matchups are characters with a lot of ways to alter jump arcs. Superman, Adam. Obviously MMH will be a HUGE problem for her

xKhaoTik

his b13 and b12 is easily parried after 1st block effectively making it launcher punishable.
He does not have a way to change his jump arc (except rocket , which doesnt help vs KF, quite the contrary)
Basically, Frost controls all ranges in this matchup and has easy time going in, going out etc. KF might be GL's worst matchup in fact.

Her hardest matchups are characters with a lot of ways to alter jump arcs. Superman, Adam. Obviously MMH will be a HUGE problem for her

I agree with this. He can punish spike for free tho, just not outside of Lift range. She also punishes air and ground turbine for free. I wouldn't say she wins tho, the MU is still tough. I have it as 5-5 and he is a bitch to deal with, especially when he has the life lead.

And yes, MMH is looking like to be a KF killer, probably worst than BA

Also, Flash might be bad lol

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

EDIT: Never mind, nothing to see here.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I agree with this. He can punish spike for free tho, just not outside of Lift range. She also punishes air and ground turbine for free. I wouldn't say she wins tho, the MU is still tough. I have it as 5-5 and he is a bitch to deal with, especially when he has the life lead.

Also, Flash might be bad lol
Flash is retarded. Basically once you get the read on them trying to do that low poke string the first time and whiff punish after a back dash....the meta is wrecked. You might get a reset or two...but its not going to happen again. Then what are our options? We cant really punish any of his shit, unless we are god like with parry. How are you punishing flashes specials on block? I am having trouble getting anything consistent since my go-to of d2 does not reach him.

xKhaoTik

Flash is retarded. Basically once you get the read on them trying to do that low poke string the first time and whiff punish after a back dash....the meta is wrecked. You might get a reset or two...but its not going to happen again. Then what are our options? We cant really punish any of his shit, unless we are god like with parry. How are you punishing flashes specials on block? I am having trouble getting anything consistent since my go-to of d2 does not reach him.

She punishes his specials hard. LK is safe at -4(?), sonic pound is safe, straight charge is punished by slide, MB straight charge has to blocked crouching to punish, if not, he's +3(?), and the up charge is hella punishable. I think his RM options are punishable as well.

You know what I like doing in the GL MU lol...

When applicable, when GL does that air missle, do KF's Super and it catches him on his way down. LOL

Just adding to the consensus here. She has absolutely no options vs. his air game. She can't random daggers for fear of teleport overhead into full combo. His airdash in j1 beats her AA. Trying to air-to-air his limbs is suicide.

MMH really puts KF's major flaw on blast - she has nothing to check the air space in front of her. I'd gladly trade her airdash, my soul, and my left leg for even a crappy air dagger move.

I generally switch to Scorp vs. chars with great air options. +1 to that list.

Side question - who do you guys use as an alt? I'm still in an alt-character crisis right now. My only requirement is strong horizontal air control. I've been thinking Catwoman (j2), Scorp (AA tp), Batgirl (her j2 is so good, plus smoke bomb), Zod (although that's a lot of work for an alt) and MMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.