What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
If I knew you could parry the second hit of 33,I would have never had problems.I feel like this site requires VIP status to get replies,I asked exactly how I should react to this character,and then continue to get bodied by wonder woman.Meanwhile,someone asks a similar question and gets replied to three days later.Its things like these that make me feel like a lonely peice of shit.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Lost the page, so can't quote but:
GL ending strings in machine gun is suicide? how?

Sure you don't mean turbine?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
She can parry the second hit of 3,3.
This may be true, but she's already had the 50/50 by this point. Saying parry blows up both options is a bit misleading, because you have to guess high/low properly like anyone else. You may already know this too, but she has OTG dive kick into combo in the corner, as well as cross-up LS f+3 which IIRC screws with inputs.

I'm not trying to up-play WW or say she beats KF, but to say she's not scary in the corner is pretty far from the truth IMO.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, true, but at least one half of the 50/50 is punishable.

Anyway, I did not mean to imply anything about the WW MU. I don't have an opinion either way.

Rickyraws

Parry his inevitable d1s.

On hard knockdown most will do the wake up arrow shot that evades. A delayed/ well timed toward J3 will hit/ can combo punish that move.

Don't try and beat his J3

Most will prep ice arrows or any other arrows either far away or after short combos. Pay attention to when they like to do it and iceberg.

He can close space fairly quick but when he's at full screen you're at an advantage. Daggers, icebergs, pre-empt his arrow load with an iceberg etc.

Some will still b3 after a blocked d1 ice arrow because they might not have expected it. MB parry or slide to punish.

Always add the spice of daggers, but carefully when at mid screen distance.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can mb f+3 inbetween d+1~low arrow.
That's the only way you can punish it really. You can't jump out or poke him first (no reach with t-rex arms).

Does mb f+3 still hit him if he does an instant overhead arrow after d1?

EDIT: I tested and he is out of range for both f3 and b3... however if you make a read that he will go for the instant overhead arrow, you can dash under it and get a full combo with 22~Slide.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
75% 2-bar trait punish vs Bane's armored bf1:

MB Parry, 3 (hits armor), f113~Slide, u3, u3, u3, 1~Iceberg MB, Trait, u3x9, 22~Iceberg

^_^

83% if he is in level 3:

MB Parry, 3 (hits armor), f113~Slide, u3, u3, 2~Iceberg MB, Trait, u3x9, 22~Iceberg

lol!

Rickyraws

Prior to Scoprion's stealth buff, you could punish a blocked non MB tele very easily. He only curls into a ball when he does it in the air now, it seems.

What are reliable options to punish a regular non MB Scorpion? I believe your d1 (for d1 slide purposes) may hit before he recovers, but I don't have the character, so no way to actually test things for myself.

Rickyraws

I use f113 slide to punish it.
And it's an actual punish? No 'they have to be pressing buttons and not blocking' bull crap? Online sometimes tells a different tale, you know, and so please pardon my skepticism. Just trying to make sure...(can not test for myself)

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
And it's an actual punish? No 'they have to be pressing buttons and not blocking' bull crap? Online sometimes tells a different tale, you know, and so please pardon my skepticism. Just trying to make sure...(can not test for myself)
Wish we could test with DLC we don't own in Training :( makes me want to buy the season pass just to practice and experiment with dealing with batgirl, Scorp, and zod once he drops.

but anyways yeah I'd love to know the same thing Ricky asked :)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You can also use 22~slide
F113 does more damage tho, no? 111 slide can be done too.
Yup. It's an actual punish.

xKhaoTik

It does, but 22 is easier and 9f.

I wouldn't rely on 111 because if you don't time it perfectly, the first hit will whiff ;_;
Yea I don't rely on 111 at all for the punish lol. You know me man, I'm all about the max damage lol. That's why I go for f113

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yea I don't rely on 111 at all for the punish lol. You know me man, I'm all about the max damage lol. That's why I go for f113
Have you started using the TA combos yet? I've gotten the opportunity in casuals once so far and I got clashed... I need to start them in the first lifebar as it only takes one meter and trait! Slide for 63% lol

xKhaoTik

Have you started using the TA combos yet? I've gotten the opportunity in casuals once so far and I got clashed... I need to start them in the first lifebar as it only takes one meter and trait! Slide for 63% lol
Yep! I did it against a Bane player today lol. He did a lvl 3 charge and I Mb parried it lol. After the special trick, I did slide into a TA combo and got around 70% lol. The rq and hate mail was righteous.

I trying to find a way to land a TA combo into a MB grab. Nothing will be more satisfying then taking over 60% from the opponent and putting them into a reset situation lol

What is TA combo?

For the folks without DLC characters, best I can think re: Scorpion and Batgirl is to up your practicing against other characters w/ teleport moves, like Ares and Raven. In addition to being great characters, I think one of the big deals with Scorpion and Batgirl is that they have the teleport where most of the standard characters, particularly the popular standard characters, didn't.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yep! I did it against a Bane player today lol. He did a lvl 3 charge and I Mb parried it lol. After the special trick, I did slide into a TA combo and got around 70% lol. The rq and hate mail was righteous.

I trying to find a way to land a TA combo into a MB grab. Nothing will be more satisfying then taking over 60% from the opponent and putting them into a reset situation lol
After u3x9, you can do 22~MB Grab ^_^

What is TA combo?
Trait Activation combo... you activate trait during the combo so it's guaranteed.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Prior to Scoprion's stealth buff, you could punish a blocked non MB tele very easily. He only curls into a ball when he does it in the air now, it seems.

What are reliable options to punish a regular non MB Scorpion? I believe your d1 (for d1 slide purposes) may hit before he recovers, but I don't have the character, so no way to actually test things for myself.
On whiff I use 22 slide or 111 slide (more out of habit) or sometimes d1 slide, and on a blocked one I will do f113 slide normally.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I tried a few times online last night and dropped it and went back to my normal game. I can do them in training fine though so I need to mess with it more when I play people offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.