What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I recorded Frost performing the j1~freeze reset on lex and I just mashed 1. Then I played back the recording, backdashed the set-up, but Lex's backdash didn't recover quickly enough so I was bopped by 111. So it seems like the j1~freeze reset is a character specific trap in the corner. Now to compile a list of victims. The best part is he's better off eating the command throw. He takes less damage and I spend a meter, but if Lex backdashes he eats 40%+ meterless.
sad panda, it's lex luthor only, tested the whole cast... lol, poor lex.

sad panda, it's lex luthor only, tested the whole cast... lol, poor lex.
Yeah his backdash recovers so slowly. Well done testing this on the whole cast, at least it works on someone. I play against a really good Lex frequently, so I'll be sure to check this in a match. Now just to find his weak point for j1 ...

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Yeah his backdash recovers so slowly. Well done testing this on the whole cast, at least it works on someone. I play against a really good Lex frequently, so I'll be sure to check this in a match. Now just to find his weak point for j1 ...
The weakspot is just below the chest piece that juts out... with that said, we are at least plus frames on the entire cast it seems except Batgirl, she's like plus 1 or 2 or something. We're so plus against Lantern he can't duck the standing 1. So yeah, if this is backdashed in the corner we can at least go for a frame trap.

The weakspot is just below the chest piece that juts out... with that said, we are at least plus frames on the entire cast it seems except Batgirl, she's like plus 1 or 2 or something. We're so plus against Lantern he can't duck the standing 1. So yeah, if this is backdashed in the corner we can at least go for a frame trap.
Thanks for the info. I'll try to get this down and we'll see if it's worth going for it online.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Just realized that this + fortress will inevitably mean a 100% combo.
:-P

Wish I knew someone who actually mained Lex...
or anyone who uses him at all, for that matter :) Would be good to get this tech down, but I dont think i've played more than 5 matches total against a Lex over the last year, so I doubt I'll ever get to put it to use

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
:-P

Wish I knew someone who actually mained Lex...
or anyone who uses him at all, for that matter :) Would be good to get this tech down, but I dont think i've played more than 5 matches total against a Lex over the last year, so I doubt I'll ever get to put it to use
Yeah, it's such awesome tech... against 1 character in the cast... 1 character who isn't super influential to the meta or overused like MMH or Batman or something. Like, it's cool that it's possible, and I'm certainly going to use it if the opportunity presents itself... but yeah. I was super emo when I tested Lantern and saw that he barely escaped the s1, cuz I basically knew then it wouldn't work on anyone else.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So basically lex can't back dash out of the j1 grab setup when done correctly?
No that's not it, he can backdash. His backdash recovers so slow that when we recover from our flash freeze grab whiff, we have enough time to punish is backdash with s1. It's really silly. It's an os basically, damned if you do damned if you don't sort of a thing.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
No that's not it, he can backdash. His backdash recovers so slow that when we recover from our flash freeze grab whiff, we have enough time to punish is backdash with s1. It's really silly. It's an os basically, damned if you do damned if you don't sort of a thing.
oh Jesus.. He can't even duck in time that is sick. I wish this tech worked on everyone it would be freaking huge

How close is it for some characters? It still has to be good tech if the escape window is tight...

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
oh Jesus.. He can't even duck in time that is sick. I wish this tech worked on everyone it would be freaking huge

How close is it for some characters? It still has to be good tech if the escape window is tight...
It's so close against Lantern that he can't even duck the 1, he still blocks it, but we get a full string. Most of the cast can't press buttons against a d1 because we're plus enough for it to be a frame trap. The only character off the top of my head that's plus is Batgirl. There are a few that go even I think... I don't have my notes on me at the moment. Rule of thumb is d1 versus everyone except Batgirl, 111~tc on block versus Lantern, 111 punish versus Lex.

RiBBz22

It's so close against Lantern that he can't even duck the 1, he still blocks it, but we get a full string. Most of the cast can't press buttons against a d1 because we're plus enough for it to be a frame trap. The only character off the top of my head that's plus is Batgirl. There are a few that go even I think... I don't have my notes on me at the moment. Rule of thumb is d1 versus everyone except Batgirl, 111~tc on block versus Lantern, 111 punish versus Lex.
111 mb f3 cancel :DOGE

RiBBz22

What are you guys doing to consistently pull off 2 into grab? My method is probably not consisent enough and really comes down to a muscle memory input. Sometimes I get it really consistent, sometimes I get a lot of drops. Does anyone have a good method that I can adapt to because I really want to use this more to max out damage on stuff?

@teh_kingdunch @Ne'er-do-well @xKhaoTik @RunwayMafia @Madog32

Madog32

What are you guys doing to consistently pull off 2 into grab? My method is probably not consisent enough and really comes down to a muscle memory input. Sometimes I get it really consistent, sometimes I get a lot of drops. Does anyone have a good method that I can adapt to because I really want to use this more to max out damage on stuff?

see above :-D

EDIT: Whoops. Wrong thread! Its in the living combo thread.

But I'm at a good 80-90% success rate with Slide, 2xxMB Grab. Its actually MUCH easier for me than trying to do 3 U3 - especially online (not that they're used interchangeably...) I just can't get that down at all! But like I said, I wait for her to be right under her opponent (or just past them) to press a naked Down, then a 2BF2. No sweat

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion

I mentioned an alternative method months ago that works for me:
d, neutral, 2, b, f+2... is the input

the way I do it is after a slide I essentially mash down until slide ends, I go to neutral, then input back, forward+2

RiBBz22

see above :-D

EDIT: Whoops. Wrong thread! Its in the living combo thread.

But I'm at a good 80-90% success rate with Slide, 2xxMB Grab. Its actually MUCH easier for me than trying to do 3 U3 - especially online (not that they're used interchangeably...) I just can't get that down at all! But like I said, I wait for her to be right under her opponent (or just past them) to press a naked Down, then a 2BF2. No sweat
I mentioned an alternative method months ago that works for me:
d, neutral, 2, b, f+2... is the input

the way I do it is after a slide I essentially mash down until slide ends, I go to neutral, then input back, forward+2
Will give it a try first thing when I get home, soldiers

Edit:

@Madog32 @Ne'er-do-well

Godlike, I am getting it pretty much all the time now. Thanks a bunch. The link on b1u3 u3 2 u3 11b2 slide 2 grab is a little tight, but I can get the normal version pretty much every time unless I screw it up and hit d2 instead of d 2

Last edited:

RiBBz22

I think the best way to start out practicing the 2~grab is to do b1u3 u3 u3 11b2~slide, d, 2 ..........over and over and over and over again until you get the timing for the 2 to come out perfected and you don't get the d2 to come out because you are inputting the d, 2 too fast. I did this and I am hitting it a lot better than when I first started trying.

Madog32

I think the best way to start out practicing the 2~grab is to do b1u3 u3 u3 11b2~slide, d, 2 ..........over and over and over and over again until you get the timing for the 2 to come out perfected and you don't get the d2 to come out because you are inputting the d, 2 too fast. I did this and I am hitting it a lot better than when I first started trying.
Awesome! Yeah, that's what I did. Just had to train my fingers to all do D, 2, BF2 separately and distinctly. Didn't take long and really paid off. I actually do B1U3 U3 U3 22xxSlide instead of 11B2 just because it was safer for me online. But now that 11B2 no longer gives me any issues, I should switch it out for a bit more damage.

Glad it's workin out for ya!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can I just ask, why don't we end vortex with f113 mid screen? It does more damage and you can still get both your f3 and b1 starters to connect.

EDIT: Nevermind; it's backdashable ._.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I found something super dope: I did this once in training mode like 2 months ago and could not figure out how to recreate it until just now. It's an ambiguous as f**k wake-up set-up.

The set up: b1u3/f3, u3, 2, u3, 22~slide, u3, forward dash, walk forward

If performed properly, after the forward dash ground cross-up, walking forward will cause you to cross up to the other side instantly. LOL. This shit gun' be good.

EDIT: @RiBBz22 @teh_kingdunch Record this please!

RiBBz22

I found something super dope: I did this once in training mode like 2 months ago and could not figure out how to recreate it until just now. It's an ambiguous as f**k wake-up set-up.

If performed properly, after the forward dash ground cross-up, walking forward will cause you to cross up to the other side instantly. LOL. This shit gun' be good.

I will look at it when I get home. I feel like this has something to do with the reason why when you dash forward with the intention not to dash under them but to collide with their hitbox and do a neutral jump the collision looks really wonky. Something is probably going on there with the game trying to figure out who to place on what side maybe? I will record if I can re-create it.

This has happened to me as well, but I never really looked into it. I wonder what we can do with it. I'll let @RiBBz22 record it.