What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What do you do when he starts tossing his sweep out?
Well Mr. Murphy, if you stop ducking me, perhaps thou shalt know the answer.
It's been September 9th since I last challenged you. My cries have fallen on deaf, albeit....smooth....sexy ears.
I'm a firm believer in 'no one punishes sweeps in Injustice' so the answer kinda has to do with that.
We can play the match up if you please.....or was it Grundy that you used? Anyway, after our matches we can also check out this cafe spot near my place. We can.....discuss.....match up experience......

...yes.

EDIT: As fate would have it, I have since realized that the picture in your avatar and signature is not, in fact, actually you, and as such, please ignore my advances.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How are you even supposed to block D1~EarthShake? I played Noobe tonight and won 1 game...it was terrible. Admittedly I have never played a good DD...but I couldn't get anything going. I didn't block a single earth shaker...he kept throwing me a ton...I got a few parries out but meh. Also, I would d2 when he would do that belly move...and no....ugh.
It isn't bad to block in training mode, but it was really hard for me online and extremely frustrating because it literally probably cost me 4-5 matches maybe more out of that set. If he D2's from the correct distance it will stuff or trade with our D2. I think our D2 could hit ok on the cross-up body splash though. I plan to MB f3 it in the future and not push block. If I am going to use meter I want to get a combo for it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Well Mr. Murphy, if you stop ducking me, perhaps thou shalt know the answer.
It's been September 9th since I last challenged you. My cries have fallen on deaf, albeit....smooth....sexy ears.
I'm a firm believer in 'no one punishes sweeps in Injustice' so the answer kinda has to do with that.
We can play the match up if you please.....or was it Grundy that you used? Anyway, after our matches we can also check out this cafe spot near my place. We can.....discuss.....match up experience......

...yes.

EDIT: As fate would have it, I have since realized that the picture in your avatar and signature is not, in fact, actually you, and as such, please ignore my advances.
Lol

you'd be surprised at who I do actually use.

I was curious to know why you'd risk eating a sweep and letting DD set up his retarded-ness.

RiBBz22

Man I wanna play noobe now lol.

But anyways, there's no reason to block low against DD unless he's doing any version of earthshaker. Its much easier blocking d1~ES standing since you only have to block low once the low comes, rather than blocking the d1 low, then stressing yourself to block high and low very quickly.

Also, when it comes to his belly flop, d2 does work very well but if I feel like my d2 won't work, I just push block him.
D2 does not work very well against body splash, trust me. His hurtbox is probably behind him somewhat so I think there is more success to be had on a cross up J D3.

D2 does not work very well against body splash, trust me. His hurtbox is probably behind him somewhat so I think there is more success to be had on a cross up J D3.
It can work, Ribbz. You have to do it really early - react to him starting to jump, not when you see the splash. Better DDs will mask their body splashes by doing it later in the jump, but you can't wait that long. I'd say it's easier than Batman's j2.

I get d2s vs body splashes a fair amount of the time when he's jumping in on me, but when he's crossing up I don't even try it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It can work, Ribbz. You have to do it really early - react to him starting to jump, not when you see the splash. Better DDs will mask their body splashes by doing it later in the jump, but you can't wait that long. I'd say it's easier than Batman's j2.

I get d2s vs body splashes a fair amount of the time when he's jumping in on me, but when he's crossing up I don't even try it.
but will it beat just normal j3?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yea when it comes to body splashes, I hit them out of it most of the time with d2. Sometimes we trade but that's fine.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I just took DD in the lab to practice blocking d1~earthbullshit move.....man it is pretty strict. Like I said earlier, Doomsday is like 1 of 6 characters I have next to no MU experience against. So from what I gather parry should be used A LOT in this MU?

xKhaoTik

I just took DD in the lab to practice blocking d1~earthbullshit move.....man it is pretty strict. Like I said earlier, Doomsday is like 1 of 6 characters I have next to no MU experience against. So from what I gather parry should be used A LOT in this MU?

Yes lmao. It severely hurts him. Even parries him while in trait

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Unlike batman..... her Parry actually has to be respected because of MB

and you can do that ish on reaction.

Can you Parry d1~supernova?

Konqrr in particular

Alright Frost brethren, I have seen the light of trait. And it is glorious.

So it was the final round of the match. My opponent clashed early, as is normal vs. KF to avoid the vortex. He's left with nearly full life. I on a whim have trait nearly full.

I land an F3 into vortex. Then I activate trait after freeze and do the b1~MBDC F3 - the nasty high/low mixup I describe here: http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/killer-frost-round-clutch-vortex-options.38826/

The trait combo with the b1~MBDC starter, ending in stage transition, did 64%.

So the vortex with trait did 98% for the kill and was extremely tough to escape - almost no one expects the MBDC mixup. Of course, it took 3.5 bars of meter and trait, but when it's the end of the round and you have those resources, why the hell not.

If you're curious, my combos were:

F3, u3, u3, f112~slide, 2~MB freeze, activate trait (34%)
B1~MBDC F3, u3 x7, f112~slide, f112~MB iceberg, b3 (stage transition) - did 64%, but possibly more because the opponent died.

I'm now reanalyzing the value of trait in conjunction with the round-clinchers and double-high-low mixup I describe in the thread linked above. The results in that round made me squee.

xKhaoTik

I NEVER stopped using trait lol.

I hate doing 2MB grab lol. Too hard.

I hate the fact that people(not you) are just now finding out about canceling into mbf3. That's something I've been doing since week one. With 2+ bars, frost is a major threat since she can either cancel into sslide or mbf3

I NEVER stopped using trait lol.

I hate doing 2MB grab lol. Too hard.

I hate the fact that people(not you) are just now finding out about canceling into mbf3. That's something I've been doing since week one. With 2+ bars, frost is a major threat since she can either cancel into sslide or mbf3
I hate it because I've been mixing people up with b1MDBC f3 for who knows how long now. We can't have people expecting that, that would suck.

And I never STARTED using trait, lol. Considering it now for that situation though.

You should see the look on my face when someone actually blocks it...
I can relate wholeheartedly. For a while only my brother could block it because I use it on him all the time. Now good players will adjust even if I use it sparingly. It is fuzzy guardable unfortunately if you don't mix it up with b1~slide. Very troubling.

By the way, if you run into Grr in a tournament, don't bother trying it on him.

xKhaoTik

I can relate wholeheartedly. For a while only my brother could block it because I use it on him all the time. Now good players will adjust even if I use it sparingly. It is fuzzy guardable unfortunately if you don't mix it up with b1~slide. Very troubling.

Agreed. I use the mixup ALOT. I love her b1. Its very underrated IMO. I play footsies with it.

1114 back walk b1 is a pretty good counter poke setup too

RiBBz22

You should see the look on my face when someone actually blocks it...
I blocked it the first time you tried it on me, scrub.

By the way, if you run into Grr in a tournament, don't bother trying it on him.
Yeah, it is tougher online but some of the players I play offline adjust to this especially if I try to use it at the end of matches to close them out. They typically will block low high now, so sometimes I will just go back to F3 when it is around close-out time and if they have clash I might just end with another F3/MB F3.

RiBBz22

Agreed. I use the mixup ALOT. I love her b1. Its very underrated IMO. I play footsies with it.

1114 back walk b1 is a pretty good counter poke setup too
I don't think b1 is really that good in itself as a normal, just good because of slide and other stuff you can cancel it into. Even though it is slow at least it does have SOME range I guess. When you look at some of the other normals in this game though it is really hard not to be jealous...

The other thing I like about it is that the startup motion kind of looks similar to the way she twists her body on the F3 so it really forces a guess even if the person is a Jedi.

RiBBz22

Hm. It would seem, (if your just frame execution is decent) that d1 into 111 is a frame trap capable of interrupting corp charge and flying uppercut. The first hit of 1 can whiff on ducking opponents, but the follow up hits tend to not. It's not really space dependent, but if you're so close that you're touching, you'll have to input the 1 after the d1 faster.

d1 slide is still good against individuals pressing buttons, but I know I've inadvertently caught people with d1 111 online so I tested it to see if it would trap them. Low trident scoop, singularity, corp charge, Ares' teleport, Wonder Woman's ballerina, beware my bullshit, you name it.

There's something I like to do a lot that makes this maybe a little more applicable to my gameplay than say most, but I just thought I'd share for those who didn't figure this out on their own. Being an online paladin, just frame in lag is one of my strong points.
d1 d1 slide is my d1 d1 smoke bomb in this game...except this d1 is actually a frame trap :):):)

RiBBz22

Point blank I'll trap with d1, d1, d1~slide. Mindfucked.
Then best is when you use the threat of slide to train them into getting hit by d1 f3 or d1 d1 f3. Then when you train them to poke out or punish d1 f3 you do d1 MB f3. ULLLLTTRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MINDD FFFFFFFFFFFFFF