What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<
That's what I do online as well. Even in practice mode, my rate with both U3's is not great, but if I do one alone, I'm all right.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Just found out you can do d+1 xx Flash Freeze on hit and it tick throws the opponent. Catches neutral jumpers too, though not jump backs. Not that useful since the opponent can duck it on hit or block, and Black Ice hits in the same scenarios they'd get grabbed for the most part, but it's a fun fact.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
By the way, week 1 is now over and I have to say I've been impressed with the Killer Frost community. She is developing fast and everyone is finding stuff I hadn't thought of quickly. It's been interesting to read. Props.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also do a mirror in training and record Frost sliding. Slide into her so it's a slide trade. Looks awesome.

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<
By the way, I've been wondering, but what do you guys do against zoners? I know the usual strategies, and against zoners, I tend to slide more often to get in, but that can be very predictable. Any suggestions? Thanks.

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
GGA 16 Bit
will you be maining killer frost for sure? I was a sindel main but picked up kitana after you made her boss lol

p.s...speaking of being boss....killer frost win pose

Neclord

Noob
By the way, I've been wondering, but what do you guys do against zoners? I know the usual strategies, and against zoners, I tend to slide more often to get in, but that can be very predictable. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I also tried to use her Slides more against heavy zoners, but as you said, it can become very predictable.

What has helped me the most so far is to air dash in and hit them with the 3 crossup, but this won't always work of course. This is the reason why I love the Atlantis stage. Air dash into stage transition. <3

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA 16 Bit
will you be maining killer frost for sure? I was a sindel main but picked up kitana after you made her boss lol

p.s...speaking of being boss....killer frost win pose

I'm not sure. At first Catwoman was my main and Killer Frost was my secondary. But KF is so good I do a lot better with her and I've been playing her the most. So I'm in a dilemma.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I also tried to use her Slides more against heavy zoners, but as you said, it can become very predictable.

What has helped me the most so far is to air dash in and hit them with the 3 crossup, but this won't always work of course. This is the reason why I love the Atlantis stage. Air dash into stage transition. <3
Atlantis doesn't have a stage transition...you must have meant that pole in the middle of the stage?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'm working on her IA dash. Its kinda hard but I can do it pretty consecutively. It seems useful and it goes thru the opponent and could set up cross up/overhead mixups. Its nothing to be abused tho imo

Vierakun

<(T ,...T<

Yeah, I've been delegated to using air dashes as well. However, the zoners who switch between AA and blowing up my slide are...well, it depends on the skill of the zoner. The terrible ones, you'll eventually get in. It's the good ones that trip me up. They always seem to know when I'm going to slide or AD :p

I think I'm too predictable. Must be doing my moves too early and giving them a chance to react.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i wish Killer Frost's Trait wasn't so hard to charge during a match and that it wasn't so iffy....(it's hard for me to tell when it's helping me or not...)

i never see any frost players online so it's a shame i can't even use her properly

Goatlegs

Noob
What is everybody else using as their main blocked jump-in follow up? I've been using 111~4 because of the possibilities afterwards (3~4, b1~slide, f3, throw, etc.) and how it can easily be hit confirmed into around 35% meterless. Are people just using other +advantage strings, going straight into her 50/50, or what?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I like f+113, +4 on block, hit-confirmable, and it can't be ducked (sometimes, seems it can be occasionally).

I won't lie though, going for straight 50/50s is very attractive since it's hard to go into overhead without meter burning or blocked 1114 or 34.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What is everybody else using as their main blocked jump-in follow up? I've been using 111~4 because of the possibilities afterwards (3~4, b1~slide, f3, throw, etc.) and how it can easily be hit confirmed into around 35% meterless. Are people just using other +advantage strings, going straight into her 50/50, or what?
After a jump in 3, the only thing that is a guaranteed frametrap is 111. Everything else can be ducked/avoided/poked out of.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What do you guys try to do against the Ares reset? I haven't played any yet online, and after re-creating the reset in training mode I could only escape the b23 EX ground pound (off a juggle) 5 to 10% of the time max. Obviously, recording something in training mode is going to do the setup with the same timing every single time....So basically, does anyone with experience in the MU know how much of a window you may have to wake up so you can beat the ground pound when playing against an actual person? How much success do you typically have?

I am assuming there are no better options outside of wake-up slide and mashing super.

hi , i'm kind of new to fighting game , and i like this game (and of course killer frost )
but i'm having trouble w/her ..
i really can't charge the trait to use that , is there any other way than holding 4 for charging the trait ?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
hi , i'm kind of new to fighting game , and i like this game (and of course killer frost )
but i'm having trouble w/her ..
i really can't charge the trait to use that , is there any other way than holding 4 for charging the trait ?
I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. Are you having trouble holding in the trait button?

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean. Are you having trouble holding in the trait button?
(sorry about bad ENG its not my first language ) yes it took too long for a full charge and it slows down too fast , i cant use it effectively..

i'm asking how can you use it in your game ?